Proverbs 4 Easy Trail

seekeroftruth

Proverbs 4:18 The path of the righteous is like the morning sun,
shining ever brighter till the full light of day.
19 But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness;
they do not know what makes them stumble.

20 My son, pay attention to what I say;
turn your ear to my words.
21 Do not let them out of your sight,
keep them within your heart;
22 for they are life to those who find them
and health to one’s whole body.
23 Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it.
24 Keep your mouth free of perversity;
keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
25 Let your eyes look straight ahead;
fix your gaze directly before you.
26 Give careful thought to the[c] paths for your feet
and be steadfast in all your ways.
27 Do not turn to the right or the left;
keep your foot from evil.​

c. Proverbs 4:26 Or Make level

I found these statements at the easy English site.

We look forward, when we follow God. We should not look away from him. Jesus warned about this in Luke 17:31-32. ‘Jesus said, “Do not begin the work, then look back! If you look back, you cannot serve God.” ’ (Luke 9:62)

Again, this compares life to a journey. We will live ‘the best life’ if we obey God. This is like the best route for a journey. If we serve God, then we will help other people. We will be like a postman who brings good news. ‘On the mountains, the postman takes a good message. He has good news about peace and rescue. He says to Jerusalem, “God is king.” ’ (Isaiah 52:7)​

Obeying God isn't really complicated. There are only two rules. God's own son told us what the rules are.

Matthew 22:37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”​

A lot of people are depressed these days. They're in pain, hungry, and very sad. Their friends and families can't figure it out... what do they have to be sad about? Depression is getting more and more prominent... like the flu... it's infecting people. Depression puts a cloud on everything.... I'm told it's like living your whole life without a burst of sunshine.

Life without God is like depression. There's always something missing... something coming... something not quite right.... something nagging or gnawing.

Life with God is like walking on a paved walkway in the beautiful warm sunlight.

:coffee: