F*ck Pelosi

awpitt

Main Streeter
To everyone here who are Trump supporters…… It looks like I have to eat some crow. I’ve been critical of Trump because I’ve felt that he was never really willing to make a deal or negotiate for a reopening of the govt. Well, today, Trump offered a proposal which is almost exactly along the lines of something I mentioned in another forum thread. I know it’s there. I just can’t find it right now. At any rate, Trump offered the reopening of the govt if he can have his wall money. In exchange for that he has offered an extension of DACA and to allow an extension of TPS. Both things that the Dems want and my understanding is that Pelosi said NO. So at this point, I must give credit to Trump for finally offering a real deal. And I’m ashamed of the Dems for not accepting this deal. This was the perfect solution. Trump made a good faith offer and the Dems refused so as far as I’m concerned, this govt shutdown falls on the Dems.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If they'd put up a different Speaker perhaps things would be different. I wonder if they're getting ready to dump her yet.

It's clear Nancy has lost her #### and needs to be replace at least in her leadership position. If you listen to her talk, she comes across as profoundly senile.

I don't see this as you having to eat crow but rather seeing past the power games that have been going on long before Trump arrived. It's a long time and multiple presidents worth of political games fought ONLY for power and not what is best for us. Take a look at who has been in power and still welds power after multiple changes in the presidency... and the list is made up of both D's and Rs. We, the people, have been played for a long time and are only just seeing it come to light now.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I don't see this as you having to eat crow but rather seeing past the power games that have been going on long before Trump arrived. It's a long time and multiple presidents worth of political games fought ONLY for power and not what is best for us. Take a look at who has been in power and still welds power after multiple changes in the presidency... and the list is made up of both D's and Rs. We, the people, have been played for a long time and are only just seeing it come to light now.

Oh. Wow. Very well said. One of the reasons why there should be term limits for both houses of the Congress.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

And for that alone, Trump will go down in history as an amazing President. None of this is new, we just had the curtain thrown back.

And for that alone, Trump will go down in history as an amazing President. None of this is new, we just had the curtain thrown back.
I agree. And I believe that was his entire intention from the very beginning. I still hold out hope that more will come to light and I truly believe the irony in it will be what got drudged to the surface because of all the investigations into trying to find dirt on Trump. I have to believe there have got to be enough lawful people left that they can't silence and/or kill them all.

awpitt

Main Streeter
If they'd put up a different Speaker perhaps things would be different. I wonder if they're getting ready to dump her yet.

It's clear Nancy has lost her #### and needs to be replace at least in her leadership position. If you listen to her talk, she comes across as profoundly senile.

Vrai.... You may not believe this but I've never been a big fan of Nancy. I found that out during her first run as Speaker. She is very divisive. Having said that, Trump really made a compassionate proposal today. It should've happened a long time ago. Actually he should've never put the DACA people and the TPS people in limbo in the first place but that's neither here or there at this point. What matters is that today, he expressed an interest in extending their status. The fact that he even is considering that really means that he cares and I am grateful that.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Vrai.... You may not believe this but I've never been a big fan of Nancy. I found that out during her first run as Speaker. She is very divisive. Having said that, Trump really made a compassionate proposal today. It should've happened a long time ago. Actually he should've never put the DACA people and the TPS people in limbo in the first place but that's neither here or there at this point. What matters is that today, he expressed an interest in extending their status. The fact that he even is considering that really means that he cares and I am grateful that.
Not only did he offer to extend their status, he offered to extend it past the next election when, if a D wins, they can extend it for years more.

Grumpy

To everyone here who are Trump supporters…… It looks like I have to eat some crow. I’ve been critical of Trump because I’ve felt that he was never really willing to make a deal or negotiate for a reopening of the govt. Well, today, Trump offered a proposal which is almost exactly along the lines of something I mentioned in another forum thread. I know it’s there. I just can’t find it right now. At any rate, Trump offered the reopening of the govt if he can have his wall money. In exchange for that he has offered an extension of DACA and to allow an extension of TPS. Both things that the Dems want and my understanding is that Pelosi said NO. So at this point, I must give credit to Trump for finally offering a real deal. And I’m ashamed of the Dems for not accepting this deal. This was the perfect solution. Trump made a good faith offer and the Dems refused so as far as I’m concerned, this govt shutdown falls on the Dems.

:yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Vrai.... You may not believe this but I've never been a big fan of Nancy.

I believe you. I don't know how anyone can stand either her or Chuck Schumer. No idea why they are their Party's Congressional leaders. Harry Reid before - he was another corrupt power hungry lying POS. And yet they remain the leaders of the Dem Party. I don't get it.

Am I the only one that remembers Trump trying to work out DACA and immigration right out of the gate only to have both parties stonewall him because they didn't want him to "get credit"?

Grumpy

Am I the only one that remembers Trump trying to work out DACA and immigration right out of the gate only to have both parties stonewall him because they didn't want him to "get credit"?

One of many things that didn't go as planned because they didn't want him to get credit. We shouldn't be here now, the end of the world was supposed to happen with his election.

transporter

"F*** Pelosi"? More of that right wing tolerance huh?

Sorry...Trump gets no credit. He didn't make a serious offer and he consulted no one but himself and his yes men.

The deal is there to be made...it isn't that difficult to see...and it isn't what you proposed or what Trump proposed.

The deal is for fewer dollars...puts them towards less physical barrier and more electronic barrier...this is what both sides want...Trump wants a wall and the Dems want electronic. Trump offered nothing here...so he gets nothing in return.

And just so you understand...the majority of Americans do not want a wall...they do not believe there is a crisis on the southern border....and they don't approve of Trump in general. Trump has no political capital to use here...he has none. The only reason this mess is lasting so long is because McConnell refuses to bring any of the House funding bills up for a vote. The outcome of that would be obvious...they would pass the Senate..Trump would veto and the Senate would override.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

Sorry...Trump gets no credit. He didn't make a serious offer and he consulted no one but himself and his yes men.

The deal is there to be made...it isn't that difficult to see...and it isn't what you proposed or what Trump proposed.

The deal is for fewer dollars...puts them towards less physical barrier and more electronic barrier...this is what both sides want...Trump wants a wall and the Dems want electronic. Trump offered nothing here...so he gets nothing in return.

And just so you understand...the majority of Americans do not want a wall...they do not believe there is a crisis on the southern border....and they don't approve of Trump in general. Trump has no political capital to use here...he has none. The only reason this mess is lasting so long is because McConnell refuses to bring any of the House funding bills up for a vote. The outcome of that would be obvious...they would pass the Senate..Trump would veto and the Senate would override.

So who would vote which way.....if you can’t answer that you’re just spouting off your mouth as usual.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

The problem with a non physical barrier is as soon as a D gets back in power it goes poof. With a physical barrier they would have to expend energy to be rid of it. Now as to this claim that the majority of Americans don't want it, you're just cherry picking polls to get that result.