3 For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey,
and her speech is smoother than oil;
4 but in the end she is bitter as gall,
sharp as a double-edged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death;
her steps lead straight to the grave.
6 She gives no thought to the way of life;
her paths wander aimlessly, but she does not know it​

Now a man who has 700 wives and 300 concubines must have spent a little time thinking about which woman to choose... right?

I wonder... did Solomon write this because he was smart or because he was stung????

This is from bible-studys.org.

Possibly a word we might understand a little better than "strange" woman would be a loose, sinful woman. This woman is forbidden fruit making her more mysterious and inviting to the young man. Prostitutes are out to allure the young men and sometimes the older, as well. They are dressed in very few clothes so as to reveal their bodies. Their lips are painted and they are trained to allure the weak men of the world. A woman like this has no future. Bitterness, sickness, early death, and then hell is what she has to look forward to. The two-edged sword is the Bible she should have heeded.​

This is from the blueletterbible.org.

Of an immoral woman: Solomon here focused on the immoral woman, but it was not because he thought that men are always moral and it is mainly immoral women who seduce and corrupt moral men. Solomon—the author of the Song of Solomon—was far too wise and astute in the ways of romance and sexuality to believe that. Solomon focused on the immoral woman because he wrote this to his son (Proverbs 5:1) and sensed this was his greatest, closest moral danger.

In other circumstance he might have warned against an immoral man, and the principles of seduction he warned about can apply freely to women or men.

Immoral woman: “The ‘adulteress’ of v. 3 is literally the ‘other woman,’ that is, someone other than the man’s wife.” (Garrett)​

The easy English site turned away from gossiping about women... and discusses evil ideas!

Sometimes evil ideas attract us. These ideas might seem sweet and pleasant. Sometimes it seems easy to do the wrong thing, and it seems hard to do the right thing.

We should not do evil things. We should say, ‘This offends God. It might hurt other people. It could place me in danger.’ The devil offered bread to Jesus when Jesus was hungry. (Matthew 4:1-4) Jesus refused. He said, ‘Man does not live by bread alone. A man must live by God’s instructions.’ (Deuteronomy 8:3). We also must refuse to do evil things.

Evil ideas may seem attractive, but they are really terrible. When the man kissed the woman, even her lips tasted sweet. Later the taste in his mouth will be bitter. Later he will know the results of his actions. At first, the woman’s speech was attractive. Later she will be like a sword. She will attack him and hurt him.

Evil things are often like this. Evil behaviour always causes pain and trouble. The devil uses evil ideas to try to destroy us.

If our behaviour is evil, then the result, in the end, is death. Solomon’s son might die if he follows the married woman. Solomon does not say how his son could die. The woman’s angry husband may kill the young man. The woman herself might be a murderer. Or the whole town might punish the son for his evil actions.

Occasionally, evil actions lead straight to death. Usually, the process is slower, step by step. Every evil action brings death nearer, because our evil behaviour takes us away from God. We can only receive true life, if we trust God.

When the Bible speaks about death, often this does not mean the death of our bodies. Often the Bible means the death of our spirits. If your spirit is dead, then you will go to hell. If your spirit is alive, you will go to heaven. ‘Jesus became alive again after he died, by the Holy Spirit. If the Holy Spirit lives in you, then your bodies will also live again.’ (Romans 8:11) The result of our evil actions is death. But God brings life to our bodies and spirits by his Holy Spirit.

Again, the verse compares life to a journey. Sometimes a person, like this woman, refuses to hear God’s law. The woman lives in the way that she chooses. She does not care about what is right or good. She lives by her emotions. She has forgotten God. She does not know where her life will lead. She does not even know that her actions are wrong.

We have heard God’s law. We know what is wise. We must trust God. We must not copy people like this woman.​

Interesting.... Solomon's father, David, and Solomon's mother, Bathsheba, were in an adulterous relationship. The result of that adulterous relationship was death. Uriah, Bathsheba's husband, was murdered on the front lines to cover up the affair. Bathsheba's baby, a result of the affair, also died.

Solomon asked for wisdom... this is biblical... but I wonder... is it possible that Solomon is warning his sons not to do as his daddy did? I would venture to say that Solomon might have been a sex addict and he probably blamed it on his dad and Bathsheba.

But that's just how I see it.

:coffee: