Junketgate

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So, Trump waits until she and the rest of her pals are on a bus ready to jet off to party in Europe with a fig leaf stopover in Afghanistan and then he pulls the plug. We get delightful footage of dejected ugly Americans filing off the bus, their boondoggle delayed until they do their damn job. Glorious.

And the best part of Junketgate was the parade of neckbeard Vox virgins and the MSNBCNN doofusi bemoaning how now our poor troops were cruelly deprived of a visit by Nancy Pelosi. Because if anyone knows what our troops want, it’s neckbeard Vox virgins and the MSNBCNN doofusi.

USO cheerleader squad tours? Yes, those are popular visitors. Withered Washington crones, not so much. Anyone who’s served overseas knows exactly what a giant pain it is to host a bunch of bored congressjerks who are constantly complaining because there’s no booze while they endure their three-hour stopover in the rear echelon as the price of their European shopping spree. Been there, done that.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2019/01/21/untitled-n2539336

glhs837

Power with Control
Got one visit from a Congresscritter while serving. We were flying sweeps in front of reflagged tanker convoys during the Iran-Iraq war after the Stark got hit. Instead of our normal preflight brief where we would cover updated unit positions and threats, we got 30 minutes of this guy thanking us for what we were doing, which he apparently didnt understand any of. Wasted 30 minutes of our mission day for nothing.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
So, Trump waits until she and the rest of her pals are on a bus ready to jet off to party in Europe with a fig leaf stopover in Afghanistan and then he pulls the plug. We get delightful footage of dejected ugly Americans filing off the bus, their boondoggle delayed until they do their damn job. Glorious.

And the best part of Junketgate was the parade of neckbeard Vox virgins and the MSNBCNN doofusi bemoaning how now our poor troops were cruelly deprived of a visit by Nancy Pelosi. Because if anyone knows what our troops want, it’s neckbeard Vox virgins and the MSNBCNN doofusi.

USO cheerleader squad tours? Yes, those are popular visitors. Withered Washington crones, not so much. Anyone who’s served overseas knows exactly what a giant pain it is to host a bunch of bored congressjerks who are constantly complaining because there’s no booze while they endure their three-hour stopover in the rear echelon as the price of their European shopping spree. Been there, done that.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2019/01/21/untitled-n2539336

Ever host a CODEL?

I have.

Quite a few.

They're almost exclusively BS.

NOBODY (with the exception, perhaps, of the Ambassador or senior military officer IF they requested a visit) looked forward to them. People would amazingly come down with dead relatives, bubonic plague, or self-inflicted gun shot wounds to avoid these plagues on humanity.

The CODEL schedules a minor part of the trip to be at a location of concern while the remainder of the trip amazingly stops at places with great sight-seeing, shopping, food, etc. Regardless of the destination and purpose they are a MAJOR PAIN. Especially the staffers that accompany the principals.

Wish I could say it was exclusively one political party, but I can't (as the CODELs I hosted were more often than not bipartisan tax fraud events).

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

Hijinx

IMO the rest stop for the pilots at Brussels was the major part of the trip. Egypt was going to be another sightseeing stop.

But I believe that someone would have appeared and suggested that the Afghanistan stop should not be made for the safety of the families..
They never would have gone there.

This was nothing more than a week long vacation for Nancy and her friends.
It is very telling that not one Republican was scheduled to go.
Very non-partisan of Nancy and a well kept secret until Trump lowered the boom.

glhs837

Power with Control
Maybe there was meaning to Nancy stopping in Brussels. Thats the capital of the EU. Could this have been her "I'll have more flexibility after the next election, much more if the EU spend the next two years pi$%ing in Trumps Wheaties" moment.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Maybe there was meaning to Nancy stopping in Brussels. Thats the capital of the EU. Could this have been her "I'll have more flexibility after the next election, much more if the EU spend the next two years pi$%ing in Trumps Wheaties" moment.

Nah. She wanted to go b/c of the Mannekan-Pis, beer, chocolate, great shopping, and numerous other utterly irrelevant reasons.

#BoondoggleBS

--- End of line (MCP)

glhs837

Power with Control
Nah. She wanted to go b/c of the Mannekan-Pis, beer, chocolate, great shopping, and numerous other utterly irrelevant reasons.

#BoondoggleBS

--- End of line (MCP)

She's a millionaire many times over, a trip to Brussels to enjoy some snacks could be any every week thing on her own dime. But, going as the Speaker, dealing in POWER? Thats what Nancy lives for, the exercise of power//////////

BOP

Just gonna leave this right here. I know that's how I would have felt.

The President cancelled my trip.jpg