Hattie Beanie Coral update

Popster

Been a horrible time for pets in our family.

My daughter adopted a one-eyed cat. Turns out it was a congenital condition that caused the loss of the eye and she wasn't told about it from the adoption place. The lens in her good eye detached and it was either remove the remaining eye or take out the lens. Coral now has distance vision only to the tune of $3500.

Capture.JPG

Then Beanie came for a visit and seemed off when she arrived. Luckily we figured out that she had bloat and were able to get her to an emergency vet in Huntingtown within an hour. Her stomach had rotated 180 degrees and was strangulated. $3600 and two months later she was pretty much mended.

b1.jpg

Then, almost a year to the date from when my daughter was hit by a SUV while in a crosswalk (injuries still unresolved) Beanie was struck while in a crosswalk and her left hind foot was "degloved." She just got rid of the bandages (initally changed 3 times a week at $200 a pop) and has a bill of 6-7 K.

b2.jpg

Beanie had a fancy cone for all her troubles

b3.jpg

Hattie was a great friend to Beanie during her hard times. Hattie had to also endure have two new rabbits, Sam and Lucy.

b4.jpg

Nevertheless, Hattie still had other indignities to endure

hattie1.jpg

V

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Coral is a gorgeous girl, tortoiseshell, isn't she? And a steal at just $3500. Cats are naturally far sighted so with her sniffer, whiskers, and sonar(ears) intact she should adapt well.

Tell Beanie to take it easy, she's worth more than my car! Hattie can be her emotional support dog too.:lol:

littlelady

God bless the USA
You sure do take care of your best furry friends, and then some. They are very lucky. Best wishes and hugs coming y’all’s way. Take care.

Popster

Thanks to all for the good wishes. Will try to update some Hattie antics.

My wife rescued a bunny that was near death from neglect. It (don't know sex yet) is now healthy and growing. We are going to find a home for it. It is absolutely gentle, people friendly, and a lovey. Hattie's two new bunnies aren't having any of it and it will have to go.

Capture.JPG

Popster

We just got some pics of Hattie at the rescue with her siblings. We were going to get the white/cream colored male dog in the picture. However, when we got there he was bouncing around the room like an idiot. Hattie, on the other hand, was extremely shy but had to good sense to venture up to my wife who was sitting on the floor. She licked my wife's hand and thus picked us. We are forever grateful. She is a mix of husky and wheaten terrier.

Capture.JPG

littlelady

God bless the USA
Oh my geez. How cute is that pic. Hattie was meant for y’all. She is one lucky poopie. Thank you for posting. I don’t know if you, or I love critters more. :smile:

I am such a critter freak that I capture, and let out creeper critter bugs. There are many uses for Tupperware. Live and let live.

Last edited: