In case it effects the election?!?!

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Les Moonves, the co-president of CBS parent company Viacom, told an analyst meeting that the review of the CBS "60 Minutes II" report being done by former Attorney General Dick Thornburgh and retired Associated Press chief Louis Boccardi had no timetable for completion. But he said he did not want it to interfere with the Nov. 2 election.

"Obviously, it should be done probably after the election is over so that it doesn't affect what's going on," he told a Goldman Sachs media conference in New York.

OF COURSE IT SHOULD BE ABLE TO EFFECT THE F'ING ELECTION!! IF KERRY'S CAMPAIGN RELEASED FALSE DOCUMENTS, IT SHOULD BE KNOWN NOW!!

Yet, they weren't worried how the documents that were released would effect the election...even though they had reason to believe they weren't authentic from the people they hired to check them out!!

But now, they don't want to release the truth until after the election because it could effect the outcome?!

I just can't express my rage enough at the two-faced, liberal ****s who run CBS!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
FromTexas said:
"Obviously, it should be done probably after the election is over so that it doesn't affect what's going on," he told a Goldman Sachs media conference in New York."
CBS translation: "Early investigations by the blue ribbon-appointed panel have indicated medium involvement with the facilitation of these documents; they were traced to a DNC desktop(Joe Lockhart), e-mailed from another Democratic supporter(Max Cleland) and then forwarded to Mary Mapes and Dan Rather for maximum exposure, knowing full well neither of these "journalists" would seriously dispute or deny their validity."

:duh:

MGKrebs

endangered species
Or, they could be accurate, in which case we would have to conclude that Bush disobeyed a direct order.

Come to think of it, nobody is disputing that anyway.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
MGKrebs said:
Or, they could be accurate, in which case we would have to conclude that Bush disobeyed a direct order.

Except the family of the person it was supposed to be from, his former secretary, the White House. Where have you had your head? Must be where sun does not reach.

Take your MPD and get it a shrink.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
MGKrebs said:

From out of the months of silence. Too fricking funny, I knew there had to be one person that thought that the forged documents were factual and now we have found them.

FYI, aircrew physicals are required to maintain flight status, failure to pass or take the physical results in removal from flying status. Failure to follow a direct and lawful order results in UCMJ action. As GW Bush's military records do not indicate any action such as that it seems likely that forgeries are exactly what we are dealing with.

Give me a minute and I can work up a few on Kerry for you showing that he actually got one of his wounds by a self-inflicted act while blowing up a rice paddy.

Nice to see you shake the dust off and pop back up in here "lil' buddy".

MGKrebs

endangered species
The failure to obey I was referring to was the failure to sign up with another unit in Mass. when he went to school there...since he wasn't through with his service yet.

And I don't know if they are authentic or not. But unless YOU created them, you don't know yet either. I'm just willing to accept the possibility. It's a 'be careful what you wish for" kind of thing.

UCMJ action- Unless your Daddy is a congressman (or whatever the hell he was at that moment). How many Lt's have Generals writing letters to their daddy about how great they are doing... especially when they are flying obsolete jets?

MGKrebs

endangered species
Hi Ken. No dust on me. I've registered 450 voters this summer. IN INNER CITY NEIGHBORHOODS. (I'm a deputy registrar here.)
I hope you are well!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
MGKrebs said:
The failure to obey I was referring to was the failure to sign up with another unit in Mass. when he went to school there...since he wasn't through with his service yet.
Be honest - do you really care about this? Honestly?

Missed you! :huggy:

MGKrebs

endangered species
So, Kerry injured himself in 1972 or so, so that 35 years later he could bring it up in a ccampaign? OoooK.
The fact remains- Kerry served in combat. Bush did not. If that does not mean anything to you, just say so and we can move on.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
MGKrebs said:
I've registered 450 voters this summer.
Then your timing is impeccable!

You registered them...but do you think they'll actually vote? I posted in an earlier thread that it's easy to register people when you pressure them or get them to a party and they get all jacked up. But my theory is that anyone who would truly drag their butt to the polls would have registered by now on their own. What's your take?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
MGKrebs said:
The fact remains- Kerry served in combat. Bush did not. If that does not mean anything to you, just say so and we can move on.
It doesn't mean anything to me. The only time it did was when the Dems were trying to act like Kerry was all that and distorting Bush's service record. Then the CBS forged docs came out and now I'm enraged at the lies and hypocrisy.

FDR - never served and he did just fine in WWII. So military service in a President doesn't mean squat to me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
MGKrebs said:
I do not care about this, but i must fight the battles where they occur!
Why fight a battle just to be fighting? God knows George Bush has enough you could really be jumping up and down about. No need to get whacked over something that doesn't really matter.

MGKrebs

endangered species
I long for the day when it has been so long since we were engaged in combat that all who have fought and survived, die of old age, and none of the candidates will have seen combat.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
MGKrebs said:
I long for the day when it has been so long since we were engaged in combat that all who have fought and survived, die of old age, and none of the candidates will have seen combat.
Unfortunately that will never happen as long as there are dictators in other countries. All that power makes them crazy and they start thinking bad thoughts.

MGKrebs

endangered species
Don't know. We'll see. I just got back from a meeting where we are planning to get the word out about early voting, and to begin to organize getting people to the polls.

"NewsMax previously reported that Democrats have been out-registering Republican voters by 5 to 1 in key states such as Ohio and Florida. In some states, such as Iowa, Democrats already have supplied absentee ballots to election boards at a rate of more than 2 to 1 over Republicans."

"On the final day for Georgians to register to vote in the Nov. 2 general election, state officials Monday were reporting massive numbers of people signing up.
In Georgia, 371,376 new voters registered between Sept. 2003 and the end of last month.
Elections officials say the increase is on pace to be about a 50 percent increase in the number of new voters who registered before the 2000 election.
In September alone, 87,110 new voters were registered in Georgia. And elections officials say a the last-minute surge in the first few days of October was even greater.

SmallTown

Football season!
vraiblonde said:
FDR - never served and he did just fine in WWII. So military service in a President doesn't mean squat to me.
Don't tell Pete that. He thinks if you haven't experienced something for yourself, you can't know anything about it at all. And he might be on to something there, when you look at Bush's "efforts" to date.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
SmallTown said:
Don't tell Pete that. He thinks if you haven't experienced something for yourself, you can't know anything about it at all. And he might be on to something there, when you look at Bush's "efforts" to date.

I guess with Kerry's experience he can go to war if he becomes president, and when some civilians and soldiers get killed, he can also protest himself.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
MGKrebs said:
So, Kerry injured himself in 1972 or so, so that 35 years later he could bring it up in a ccampaign? OoooK.

Kerrry's a joke.. he did 4 months of a one YEAR combat tour (then claims he served TWO tours), left his men that he SOOO cared about in a combat theater (coward), wrote his own citations for HIS Medals , then came back and told congress that people like my father that did two COMPLETE tours were war criminals (traitor).. Oh wait, my mistake, my dad did one and 2/3's tours, he left early too..... on a medevac plane bound for NYC... Kerry is a disgrace to ANY vet.

I also understand, and if I'm wrong I'm sure I will be corrected.. That when Kerry volunteered for the Brown Water Navy, they didn't have a combat mission. They ferried troops and supplies in friendly waters behind friendly lines, only after he realized that they were doing combat patrols and playing for real did he find a way to get the hell out of there as quick as he could... while soldiers in the weeds that were getting shot at EVERY day sucked it up, continued to soldier and did their complete tours.

If I can pick one character on TV that depicts John Kerry, it would have to be Frank Burns form MASH..