Bush haters rejoice...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...just kidding!

Actually, this is simply ever more clear, rational argument of why we, as Americans, are better of with George Bush as our President.

In todays chapter of why Bush is right for Amercia and Kerry isn't, we go to the Washington Post, which has been one of the few left leaning sources whose editorials have kept their eye on the ball vis a vis the war on terror in Iraq.

Weapons That Weren't There:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13433-2004Oct6.html

For most of you, this is pretty simple reading for comprehension stuff. For the logic challenged; Bush good, Kerry bad.

Have a nice day!

SamSpade

My general sentiment is that it's still better, because you only get to be wrong about this ONCE.

Edwards made one faux pas the other night which Cheney did NOT pick up on, but only because it wasn't his turn to follow up, and that is on the hypothetical "if you'd been President, would Saddam still be in power?". His answer went along the lines of, well, we'd have allowed the inspectors to find out what we know now, that there weren't any WMD's, there wasn't any connection to 9/11 (true, and the admininstration has always maintained that) and there was no connection to al-Qaeda (false, but even a refutation by Cheney AND a reference to the 9/11 report didn't keep him from repeating this).

Translation: NO, we would not have gone in and Saddam would STILL be in Baghdad. Unless he miraculously decided to abdicate and give himself up for arrest. Because he wasn't leaving without a fight.

I still can't believe Edwards answered that way with a straight face.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
More Trees Less Bush!!!!!!

The only reason Bush went to war with Iraq is to fight a war that his father couldn't win, to make Haliburton a little bit richer, and because he's Dick Cheney's puppet. Also, in case you did't know, the Bush's have made their money on oil, that could be another reason why we went to war with Iraq?That's the truth wether you like it or not.
Before Bush was elected, was anybody even thinking or worried about going to war with Iraq? NO. Bush should have focused on a real terrorist (OSAMA) but instead he redirected our forces and resources on a harmless Iraq. The excuse that we got dictator out of control is stupid. If that was the case then we should have invaded China and North Korea a long time ago. Bush hasn't done anything to North Korea and Iran even though they have NUKES! Iraq didn't even possess nukes. He may have had a few missles, which is nothing compared to Nuclear Bombs. Now Bush has created a mess in the Middle East. Iraq was a secular country before we went to war, and now that Saddam is out of power the country has become a safe harbor for terrorist. We are now building bases on Iraq soil. This further implicates the Muslims idea that America is colonizing Iraq, and preparing to exploit the oil fields that are within its borders. Bush has made bad decisions in the last 4 years, and he needs to be held accountable for his inefficiency, lack of global diplomacy, and his disinterest in domestic issues such as the economy, stem cell research, and gay marriage. When will he learn that our government wasn't meant to pan handle the religious right?! Our government was created to protect the rights of everyone, not just the ideology of a select few.

This November vote Kerry!!!!!! :patriot:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
UrbanPancake said:
This November vote Kerry!!!!!! :patriot:
I will not, and silliness like that crap you just posted is exactly why I intend to vote a straight Republican ticket this year. I might not even look at the candidates' names - just click the "R".

R R R R R R R R R R R R R R! So ha ha! :neener:

I suppose I could go over your "points" one by one but why bother? You were obviously born the day Bush took the oath of office and I have no interest in arguing with 3 1/2 year olds.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
UrbanPancake, your headline was removed for a reason. Keep your filthy comments and obscenities to yourself or I'm going to have to sit you out.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
Trim the BUSH!!!!

vraiblonde said:
I will not, and silliness like that crap you just posted is exactly why I intend to vote a straight Republican ticket this year. I might not even look at the candidates' names - just click the "R".

R R R R R R R R R R R R R R! So ha ha! :neener:

I suppose I could go over your "points" one by one but why bother? You were obviously born the day Bush took the oath of office and I have no interest in arguing with 3 1/2 year olds.

I'm sorry if you think I'm only 3 1/2 years old. I don't understand why Republicans get so frustrated when other people present their IDEAS. This is America and we're entitled to have different positions on different issues, that is why you can vote for whoever you want, even if you don't consider the persons positions and policies.
-For Example you said your going to vote only for Republicans without even looking at there names. Well for all you know you could be voting for someone who wants to offer companies that outsource their back office employees to India a huge tax break, which could affect you, but you wouldn't even know it, and that's the great thing about democracy!!
I'm not sorry if I believe every American should have access to affordable education, healthcare, and a chance to succeed. Bush caters to the wealthy elite. America is made up of a strong middle class, and he avoids middle class issues, and policies that could truely benefit the middle class American. He recently extended the tax cuts for people with children. The couple hundred dollars that is currently being saved by this group of people could have went to pay down the deficit that this Administration has created, which in turn instills in the future that interest rates (such as home mortgages/equities) don't spike up so quickly. With Bush's liberal tax cutting, and spending he has insured that future American homebuyers will not be able to afford there first home. (He really doesn't care that Working Americans will be able to obtain the Middle Class Dream of Home Ownership)!!!!!!!!!

Vote for Kerry this November!!!!! :patriot:

Last edited:

SamSpade

Kerry has 'clarified' his position as doing more or less the same as Bush, but "in the RIGHT way". He is and was FOR the removal of Saddam.

So basically:

Kerry gets Saddam out - Good.
Bush gets Saddam out - Bad.

Yeah, that makes sense.

(Oh and also - why do people think that oil companies wanted this war? Wouldn't it have been more intelligent to just pressure the government to lift sanctions? Oil companies MAKE money when oil is *scarce*, not plentiful).

SamSpade

UrbanPancake said:
I'm sorry if you think I'm only 3 1/2 years old. I don't understand why Republicans get so frustrated when other people present their IDEAS.

Well it ain't Republicans tearing down signs in Howard County, defacing signs in the District, shooting up Bush/Cheney headquarters in Kentucky and Tennessee and have mobs breaking into and taking over Bush/Cheney headquarters in Orlando, Tampa and Milwaukee.

Apparently it's ok to express your ideas, so long as you're willing to get shot at.

SamSpade

UrbanPancake said:
(He really doesn't care that Working Americans will be able to obtain the Middle Class Dream of Home Ownership)!!!!!!!!!

Funny you should mention this, since you obviously haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Two years ago, Bush initiated a program to assist minorities to gain home ownership - and it is a success. Minority homeownership, and home ownership in general are at their highest in history.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
Government Contracts

SamSpade said:
Kerry has 'clarified' his position as doing more or less the same as Bush, but "in the RIGHT way". He is and was FOR the removal of Saddam.

So basically:

Kerry gets Saddam out - Good.
Bush gets Saddam out - Bad.

Yeah, that makes sense.

(Oh and also - why do people think that oil companies wanted this war? Wouldn't it have been more intelligent to just pressure the government to lift sanctions? Oil companies MAKE money when oil is *scarce*, not plentiful).

I guess you didn't read my earlier post. Haliburton received a no bid contract that is worth billions of dollars to help rebuild the oil infrastructure that was destroyed during the war. To me billions of dollars is a lot of money.

Vote for Kerry in November!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :patriot:

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
Duh

SamSpade said:
Funny you should mention this, since you obviously haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Two years ago, Bush initiated a program to assist minorities to gain home ownership - and it is a success. Minority homeownership, and home ownership in general are at their highest in history.

Yes it's true that homeownership is at it's highest levels ever, (you can truely thank Clinton for this and grassroots organizations who help low income buyers, and minority buyers) but I'm talking in the long run. With this Administrations run away spending we are setting ourselves up for failure. The conventional wisdom in Washington is that deficits – and the resulting higher national debt – crowd out private sector borrowing, leading to higher interest rates and, after these higher rates have trickled through the economy, slower economic growth!

Vote for Kerry this November!!!!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
UrbanPancake said:
The only reason Bush went to war with Iraq is to fight a war that his father couldn't win, to make Haliburton a little bit richer, and because he's Dick Cheney's puppet. Also, in case you did't know, the Bush's have made their money on oil, that could be another reason why we went to war with Iraq?That's the truth wether you like it or not.
That's four, and I thought we won the first one also. The objective was to get Saddam out of Kuwait. A large coalation of nations got together and kicked his azz back to Bagdad.

UrbanPancake said:
Before Bush was elected, was anybody even thinking or worried about going to war with Iraq? NO. Bush should have focused on a real terrorist (OSAMA) but instead he redirected our forces and resources on a harmless Iraq.
Before Bush was elected we had these two big office buildings in NYC that 3,000 people worked in. The largest standing army in the middle east, lead by a dictator that terrorized his OWN PEOPLE and used WMD on them is surely harmless.

UrbanPancake said:
The excuse that we got dictator out of control is stupid. If that was the case then we should have invaded China and North Korea a long time ago. Bush hasn't done anything to North Korea and Iran even though they have NUKES! Iraq didn't even possess nukes. He may have had a few missles, which is nothing compared to Nuclear Bombs.
What's a few ballistic misslels among friends.

UrbanPancake said:
Now Bush has created a mess in the Middle East. Iraq was a secular country before we went to war, and now that Saddam is out of power the country has become a safe harbor for terrorist.
Yup, the middle east was a safe quiet place before Bush got elected...NOT

UrbanPancake said:
We are now building bases on Iraq soil. This further implicates the Muslims idea that America is colonizing Iraq, and preparing to exploit the oil fields that are within its borders. Bush has made bad decisions in the last 4 years, and he needs to be held accountable for his inefficiency, lack of global diplomacy, and his disinterest in domestic issues such as the economy, stem cell research, and gay marriage. When will he learn that our government wasn't meant to pan handle the religious right?! Our government was created to protect the rights of everyone, not just the ideology of a select few.
You're an idiot.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
UrbanPancake said:
I'm sorry if you think I'm only 3 1/2 years old. I don't understand why Republicans get so frustrated when other people present their IDEAS. ... but you wouldn't even know it, and that's the great thing about democracy!!
:killingme Your intellect is showing. We do not live in a democracy. Anyone who knows anything about our country knows we have a republic.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
UrbanPancake said:
I don't understand why Republicans get so frustrated when other people present their IDEAS.
If liberals would actually present ideas it wouldn't be so frustrating. It's like little kids jumping up and down saying that

Must dash now because I just found out my daughter is a criminal. But I'll be happy to come back to you with facts and figures later. Unless someone else beats me to it.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
I love me some breakfast:)

sleuth said:
UrbanPancake... do you like pancakes? :confused:

Yes, I love'em. Especially when you wrap them around chicken legs. (I'm just kidding)

By the way Kerry was in a real war. He choose to go to Veitnam. George on the other hand.... well we're not sure if he even showed up to work at the National Guard. Daddy must have written him a note excusing him from the war effort.

Vote for Kerry this November!!!!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Really, can you show me or direct me to the declaration of war that Congress made for Vietnam?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
UrbanPancake said:
By the way Kerry was in a real war. He choose to go to Veitnam. George on the other hand.... well we're not sure if he even showed up to work at the National Guard. Daddy must have written him a note excusing him from the war effort.
Actually, he was in a "Police Action". Then, when he got back, he "Gave aid and comfort" to the enemy. Think that's the defination of treason.