World affairs continue to devolve....

Steve

Enjoying life!
Those damned upstart Americans...who do they think they are? 225 years, barely a drop in the EU pool of history! Bastages....

Llwynog

Thats Welsh for fox.
OK now. During the colonial era Great Britain, Spain, France, and Portugal spread their languages and cultures around the world. They decimated some cultures. :drama: :blahblah: :dork: :wah:

I think its Spanish thats going to take over the world. Have you ever noticed how much stuff in stores is biligual now. I first noticed it on Prigles Potato Chips. :snacks:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Blame Carter for Spanish on everything. He started it. I voted for the dork, but I'd never do it again. Good man; terrible President. Multi-lingual-ism just divides us; it does not unite us. If I moved to a Spanish, French, or other language speaking country (not visit - move to), I would learn the language. I started learning German when I was spending significant time there. People who move to the U.S. should learn English.

Chirac reminds me of a little kid throwing a :tantrum

Steve

Enjoying life!
English is considered by most people a far more valuable and practical second language, particularly among businessmen.

No sh|t? Someone should tell that to Chirac. I've been to several foreign countries and you know what? You can always find someone who speaks English.

Chirac est retardé.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:lmao: "United States' cultural hegemony" What in the HELL does that mean? We are an incredibly diverse nation! Guess why?

BECAUSE PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES COME OVER HERE TO LIVE, RATHER THAN STAY IN THEIR OWN CRUMMY COUNTRY!!!

:killingme

SamSpade

vraiblonde said:
:lmao: "United States' cultural hegemony" What in the HELL does that mean? We are an incredibly diverse nation! Guess why?

BECAUSE PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES COME OVER HERE TO LIVE, RATHER THAN STAY IN THEIR OWN CRUMMY COUNTRY!!!

:killingme

I've heard dozens b!tch and moan about this concept - friends from other countries. They don't like the slow erosion of their own culture in favor of U.S. pop culture. Their TV shows are mostly American - they get CNN and the major networks. They watch the same movies, go to Wal-Mart, listen to the same songs - and they hate it.

Boo-f'in-hoo. That's life. It's not as though our culture was totally homogenous.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
SamSpade said:
I've heard dozens b!tch and moan about this concept - friends from other countries. They don't like the slow erosion of their own culture in favor of U.S. pop culture. Their TV shows are mostly American - they get CNN and the major networks. They watch the same movies, go to Wal-Mart, listen to the same songs - and they hate it.

Boo-f'in-hoo. That's life. It's not as though our culture was totally homogenous.
Since our industry is capital driven, they can stop it. All they have to do is stop watching and stop buying. Our industry will close up shop and leave.