Anyone ever notice?

SamSpade

Dan Rather - *WAS misled*
George Bush - *lied*

Funny how you can get the wrong info, and that's the interpretation.

Pete

Repete
SamSpade said:
George Bush - *lied*

Excellent point Sam !! I don't know how Bush and Cheney endure the constant viscious attack being called outright liars over and over without blowing a gasket and going nutso. To insinuate wrongdoing and deciet just to do it is wrong.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
Pete said:
Excellent point Sam !! I don't know how Bush and Cheney endure the constant viscious attack being called outright liars over and over without blowing a gasket and going nutso. To insinuate wrongdoing and deciet just to do it is wrong.

They're not already nutso? They are liars, they lied to you and the Troops over in Iraq. Didn't you know that Bush said this with his own lips with Cheney's hand up his arse, that there were no WMD. Now he says that's not why we went to war. He flipped flopped like a fish caught on dry land. :diva:

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
UrbanPancake said:
They're not already nutso? They are liars, they lied to you and the Troops over in Iraq. Didn't you know that Bush said this with his own lips with Cheney's hand up his arse, that there were no WMD. Now he says that's not why we went to war. He flipped flopped like a fish caught on dry land. :diva:
Get an original thought. You sound like a Democratic sound bite.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
I sound like a bad soundbite??? You need to turn on the television and listen to how played out "Kerry is a flipflopper sounds"? Educated folk know Kerry's positions, they also know that Bush changes from outfield to infield to the pitchers plate constantly.

Gooseneck

UrbanPancake said:
I sound like a bad soundbite??? You need to turn on the television and listen to how played out "Kerry is a flipflopper sounds"? Educated folk know Kerry's positions, they also know that Bush changes from outfield to infield to the pitchers plate constantly.

Are you kidding me? Kerry doesn't even know his own position.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
UrbanPancake said:
they lied to you and the Troops over in Iraq.
Let's get something straight, sis. My son happens to BE one of those troops over in Iraq and he doesn't think Bush lied. Now you probably think you know more about it, sitting there on your fat butt typing away, than my son who's actually OVER there, but you don't.

He actually called me the other day specifically to make sure I was voting for Bush. He's a 96Bravo - Intel Analyst - who's spent several weeks out on the field tracking Iraqi bomb and weapon placement. I'll take his opinion over yours.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
vraiblonde said:
Let's get something straight, sis. My son happens to BE one of those troops over in Iraq and he doesn't think Bush lied. Now you probably think you know more about it, sitting there on your fat butt typing away, than my son who's actually OVER there, but you don't.

He actually called me the other day specifically to make sure I was voting for Bush. He's a 96Bravo - Intel Analyst - who's spent several weeks out on the field tracking Iraqi bomb and weapon placement. I'll take his opinion over yours.

Excuse me, my brother is in Iraq. He says the situation over there is horrible. He had friend from Baltimore who died there in April. He's voting for Kerry. He doesn't like being lied to and forced to fight a needless war. Why should he die when Saddam didn't have any weapons to destroy the US????? Answer that? I support our troops one hundred percent, but I don't support the conflict. :cheers: :duh:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
UrbanPancake said:
He says the situation over there is horrible.
If you in fact have a brother, and IF he's in Iraq, then he wasn't forced by any stretch of the imagination. He volunteered, because that's the kind of military we have here in America - a volunteer military. Since he feels so "forced", that explains why he thinks it's so "horrible" over there.

:loser:

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
vraiblonde said:
If you in fact have a brother, and IF he's in Iraq, then he wasn't forced by any stretch of the imagination. He volunteered, because that's the kind of military we have here in America - a volunteer military. Since he feels so "forced", that explains why he thinks it's so "horrible" over there.

:loser:

How dare you suggest I don't have a brother. I didn't question if you really had a son did I??? For all I know you could be an old man sitting at a desk in :duel: South Africa.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
UrbanPancake said:
How dare you suggest I don't have a brother. I didn't question if you really had a son did I??? For all I know you could be an old man sitting at a desk in :duel: South Africa.
You are looking to get your IP banned aren't you? :lmao:

SamSpade

UrbanPancake said:

Then you're a Grade A idiot. Not only have dozens of us met vraiblonde, some of us know her quite well.

She also happens to *run* this site, if you'd bothered to notice.

SmallTown

Football season!
SamSpade said:
George Bush - *lied*

Exactly. And republicans were calling for Rather's head, but felt it was ok for Bush.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
UrbanPancake said:
For all I know you could be an old man sitting at a desk in South Africa.
It would be impossible for me to care any less what you think. And I am officially through reading any more of your silly posts.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
I have noticed. But it's not fair to question me on my Brother when I haven't even questioned her on her son's authenticity. I trust that he exists, as should she believe me. It's not fair that my opinions need to be crushed because someone else doesn't agree with them. She is entitled to her ideas, and I'm entitled to mine.

SamSpade

I think everyone here needs a crash course in *English*. And perhaps, logic and a doze of ethics as well.

"Lying" is the deliberate misrepresentation of facts.

Keyword "deliberate", as in, you *know* it is false, but claim it as true. This covers everything from "I didn't do it Mommy" to "I did not have sex with that woman". You lie when you know what the truth is.

"Misled" is when you repeat something as true that is not true, because you believe it is true. This covers the gamut of "the tooth fairy left me a dollar last night" to "Peace in our time".

For some reason, when Dan Rather repeated his story about the documents which proved to be forgeries, he is regarded as having been misled (a view which I happen to share; I believe he *wanted* it to be true, and overlooked the obvious). When the Senate was given intelligence on Iraq FROM OUR INTELLIGENCE SOURCES, and commented on them in public (*including* Senator Kerry, on numerous occasions) - somehow, THEY were misled, but the President lied.

Let me explain this again - if five people come out of a room and they were all duped by faulty information, you can't call the one you don't like a liar, and the others merely duped. They *all* saw the same info, and they voted on it.

Same with Rather - saw the info, ran with it. Found out later it was wrong.

*SAME* story.

SamSpade

UrbanPancake said:
I have noticed. But it's not fair to question me on my Brother when I haven't even questioned her on her son's authenticity. I trust that he exists, as should she believe me. It's not fair that my opinions need to be crushed because someone else doesn't agree with them. She is entitled to her ideas, and I'm entitled to mine.

The difference is - *we* KNOW who she is. She knows who *I* am.

We have no idea who you are.

And I agree with her point. When you sign up for the military, you go where they send you. It's not a free training ground that you pay for with push-ups and marching drills. You're expected to be a soldier. That's what you signed up for.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
I agree with you on that. But you can still disagree with your boss. In this case they have choice in sending their current boss back Texas.

Also why does it matter on who you know??? I think what is going on here is great. I didn't start this forum. Someone else did. If they didn't want someone to respond with ideas that are not aligned with their's then they shouldn't have started the post. Am I right. Or is because it's who you know you can do what you want, because that sounds like Crone Bush Politics.....