MHS Kids Elect Bush

B

Bruzilla

The seniors at a local high school held a mock election on real voting machines to check the machines out and reduce their anxiety about voting in future elections.

The tally... 276 votes for Bush, 38 votes Kerry, 3 write-in votes (no names provided.)

Maybe teens are smarter than I thought. I need to get RRaley on the phone. :shutup:

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
Bruzilla said:
The seniors at a local high school held a mock election on real voting machines to check the machines out and reduce their anxiety about voting in future elections.

The tally... 276 votes for Bush, 38 votes Kerry, 3 write-in votes (no names provided.)

Maybe teens are smarter than I thought. I need to get RRaley on the phone. :shutup:

Where is the school located? The South, or in a Republican stronghold? This test your talking about can't be applied to all of the views of teens out there. Your test only included one school district.

SamSpade

UrbanPancake said:
Where is the school located? The South, or in a Republican stronghold? This test your talking about can't be applied to all of the views of teens out there. Your test only included one school district.

Every fool in the *universe* knows that.

What is your damned problem?

B

Bruzilla

It's in Middleburg FL, which isn't too much of a Republican stronghold (at least it wasn't the last time I checked).

But if I were you I wouldn't be too worried about high school kids. Check out the poll at www.blueovalnews.com. That website's for mostly blue-collar union types (members of the UAW), and they're picking Bush 62% to Kerry's 34%!

I've been predicting those numbers for a while now, and I still predict a landslide for Bush. It's not even going to be close.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We're taking our middle daughter, President of the VRWC, with us when we vote so she can see it in action. Our neighbor is the head of the Frederick County Republican National Committee, so the daughter ran across the street to get some Bush stickers, signs, t-shirts, etc. While there, the neighbor mentioned that she was trying to round up rah-rahs to stand outside the polls and hand out literature. So guess where Baby will be all day on Nov. 2?

:lol:

SmallTown

Football season!
Bruzilla said:
That website's for mostly blue-collar union types (members of the UAW), and they're picking Bush 62% to Kerry's 34%!
Duh. they don't want to lose their guns.

Steve

Enjoying life!
... to check the machines out and reduce their anxiety about voting in future elections.

What the hell does that mean??? Anxiety about voting!! What, they got gangsters holding guns at the polls down there? Give me a friggin' break! Now, its time for all you tardheads to tell me about how you were anxious when you first voted...I just know you will.

Pete

Repete
Steve said:
What the hell does that mean??? Anxiety about voting!! What, they got gangsters holding guns at the polls down there? Give me a friggin' break! Now, its time for all you tardheads to tell me about how you were anxious when you first voted...I just know you will.
Steve, You are going to be called a meanie for using the word "tardhead."

K

Kizzy

Pete said:
Sam you are going to be called a meanie for using the word "fool". :ohwell:

Actually no :bubble: that was an idiotic statement UrbanPancake made.

K

Kizzy

Pete said:
Mule is derogatory, I prefer horse/donkey hybrid if you please.

You are a mule and that is all there is to it. I'm not changing to try and please you. :razz:

Pete

Repete
Kizzy said:
You are a mule and that is all there is to it. I'm not changing to try and please you. :razz:
That shows a lack of flexibility and that you are a bad person.

B

Bruzilla

Steve said:

What that means Steve is that people have an inherent fear of things they don't understand or have never done before. It's like the first time you walked into an employer's office for an interview, went to get your first driver's license, etc. Letting the kids participate in a mock election, but going through the process as if it was real, takes all the mystery out of it so they feel more comfortable with voting.