"Global test"

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I offer this as the opinion of one of the founders in regard to what Kerry has said and even our current involvement with the U.N.

My ardent desire is, and my aim has been... to comply strictly with all our engagements foreign and domestic; but to keep the U States free from political connections with every other Country. To see that they may be independent of all, and under the influence of none. In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home.
George Washington, letter to Patrick Henry, October 9, 1775

Spoiled

Republicans says the democrats are stuck on sept 10th, while the republicans are after sept 11, and yet you use this to justifiy bush's move...

Here is one for you, i learned it in my 10th grade class... Maybe you should research it

Isolationism of the US in world war 2...

We now have ties with iraq, financial ties, political ties and a tie to their security, mostly ties we dont want... We want them to become independant of us... and a global player

SamSpade

After World War 2, we had enormous ties to, of all people, the *Japanese*, and governed them for a while.

I'd say that was money well spent.

Ditto for France and Germany. Now we have to ask permission from them to fix some OTHER country, after spending billions to fix THEIR country?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Spoiled said:
Isolationism of the US in world war 2...

We now have ties with iraq, financial ties, political ties and a tie to their security, mostly ties we dont want... We want them to become independant of us... and a global player
I don't see where Washington said anything about being isolationist. On the contrary, this is part of the quote: that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others. If there were no interaction, then why would he on anyone else care what the powers of Europe were or are convinced of. What I believe he was saying and what I am saying is that we need to avoid involvement of foreign organizations in our decisions to protect the United States. We don't need the approval of the U.N. to go to war in order to protect the citizens of the United States.