Wow

SmallTown

Football season!
Where to begin? What a rebound for Bush. He had life, he had energy, and for the most part had answers. Complete turnaround from his last outing.

Kerry seemed more lively as well (though, those bags under the eyes looked pretty rough)

Although I'm sure you'll disagree, It was nice to see both candidates give examples and answers to most questions. Of course many here will here the "I have a plan" and roll their eyes, but they somehow miss when he explained it. Will his plans works? Will his ideas be better? I really don't know, but people really need to quit the "He has no plan" talk.

This debate was EXACTLY what we needed. Both sides expressing their strong points and bringing up the weak aspects of their opponent. I think both sides feel really strong about their candidate after this debate. Both sides laid out point blank where their stances are, and people are able to look at that when they vote instead of just guessing. Both sides should be very satisfied and it will be interesting as election day grows closer.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
SmallTown said:
Where to begin? What a rebound for Bush. He had life, he had energy, and for the most part had answers. Complete turnaround from his last outing.

Kerry seemed more lively as well (though, those bags under the eyes looked pretty rough)

Although I'm sure you'll disagree, It was nice to see both candidates give examples and answers to most questions. Of course many here will here the "I have a plan" and roll their eyes, but they somehow miss when he explained it. Will his plans works? Will his ideas be better? I really don't know, but people really need to quit the "He has no plan" talk.

This debate was EXACTLY what we needed. Both sides expressing their strong points and bringing up the weak aspects of their opponent. I think both sides feel really strong about their candidate after this debate. Both sides laid out point blank where their stances are, and people are able to look at that when they vote instead of just guessing. Both sides should be very satisfied and it will be interesting as election day grows closer.
Wow. We agree on something. :killingme I don't like Kerry's plan. I have a Sub S Corporation and Bush is right that most jobs come from small business and most small businesses are Sub S, sole proprietorships, or limited liability partnerships. Kerry's tax plan will hurt small business and cost jobs.

SmallTown

Football season!
One point that interests me:
"I vowed to our countrymen that I would do everything I could to protect the American people. That's why we're bringing Al Qaida to justice. Seventy five percent of them have been brought to justice."

Does he mean leadership, or what? I know we counted 18000 or so who went through the training camps in afghanistan, and who knows at the other locations. And we have said they keep recruiting. Just going by the original number, that means we have 13,500 either in custody or dead. I don't recall the number being that high before.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
SmallTown said:
One point that interests me:
"I vowed to our countrymen that I would do everything I could to protect the American people. That's why we're bringing Al Qaida to justice. Seventy five percent of them have been brought to justice."

Does he mean leadership, or what? I know we counted 18000 or so who went through the training camps in afghanistan, and who knows at the other locations. And we have said they keep recruiting. Just going by the original number, that means we have 13,500 either in custody or dead. I don't recall the number being that high before.
I think they have reported over 10000 dead in Afghanistan; I may be wrong. That is just a recollection. How many are there at Gitmo?

SmallTown

Football season!
2ndAmendment said:
Interesting. Fact is small business generates jobs and private enterprise grows the economy. Government programs and employees including contractors do not. They are actually a drain on the economy.
but a necessary drain.