U 1105: 16 fathoms of darkness // the title of the upcoming documentry

paullipp

hey, my name is paul:
a friend of mine and myself go to huntingtown high school, and for our history fair we came up with the idea for making a film on the German u boat the 1105 which i sunk of the coast of st. marys county.

Well the project kept getting larger and larger. We will now be doing multiple versions. One 10min compressed version for history fair, 1 full length 45+ min version, and another like that with closed captioning. (this is for our grant, it must have captioning).
We are both certified divers; we will be filming in this very dangerous evironment, and which is over 90' deep and has an extremly high current.
I started getting in contact with sailors that sailed the u boat back to the states from over seas , from after WWII... This then made us come up with the idea of flying up to MAss. to do a filmed interview with the capt. and some ship mates from the 1105.
We have now run into the delema of MONEY. i own a audio/video production studio, so i have made videos and produced bands before; i have set out to get a job to buy the camera now. which i will have this in time for the dives.

My questions are:

This is very expensive, we will try to get a grant ( MD humanities council) to help will some costs, but it is still way expensive;
I am looking for ideas on how to raise money, donation from private parties, and/or bussiness.

ontop of all of this i am finishing my eagle scout project, because i will be 18 soon.
if someone could help please leave me a response.

Questions. comments....

Paullipp@hotmail.com

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
paullipp said:
ontop of all of this i am finishing my eagle scout project, because i will be 18 soon.
if someone could help please leave me a response.

Questions. comments....

Paullipp@hotmail.com
You might try forming a production company with some sort of ROI for investors. Otherwise, hut up your folks, relatives, Scout Troop parents, etc. The general public are not likely to respond with money to a post on a forum.

By the way, being an Eagle myself many years ago when I was 16, congratulations; it is not easy.