I have a question

KCM

Right Where I Belong
I have a question related to the campaigning here. I am not familiar with how campaiging is done here in SoMD so I actually have two questions. The first one is - I stopped by the FoodLion in Solomons and there is a table outside with people sitting at it with Kerry/Edwards signs. Is that allowed? I know that back where I lived you were not allowed to do that. Is it maybe solely based on the owner of the business if he/she allow it? The second question is this - would that be a wise decision of a business to allow people to have a table with a particular candidate/affiliation on it? Personally, if I were a business, I would hesitate to advertise my political affiliation as some people may take offense.

Like I stated above, this is not to be a bashing of any sort to any side - just a question because I am uninformed. TIA.

K

Kain99

Advertising a Political Candidate is completely up to the business owner as is sign placment in the community. If Ma and Pa Kettle don't like a candidate you cannot place their sign on their property.

If ya think this is bad, just wait until the County Commisioners go up for re-election. :lol:

Dot

We had occasion to stop at a large eatery/gas station returning from Pa. Someone was selling Kerry stickers - siting on the outside ledge. When we went to the cashier to pay, I was asked by the cashier if "that man" was selling something - I got the impression she didn't like him there - but he had left.
I know a former owner of one of the most popular places to eat in St Mary's county was for Ross Perot -and he had "items" in his place. But then again that was the owner, and inside on his property.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
It's a business owner issue. Same for signs on business property.

Food Lion probably doesn't care, and just lets anyone who asks set up at their place as a community service. I'm not particularly offended by it, as long as the supporters aren't going over the top with their enthusiasm. But I wouldn't consider allowing such activity to be a good business decision.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Kain99 said:
Advertising a Political Candidate is completely up to the business owner as is sign placment in the community. If Ma and Pa Kettle don't like a candidate you cannot place their sign on their property.

If ya think this is bad, just wait until the County Commisioners go up for re-election. :lol:
elaine, please be aware the Calvert Co. Dem Committee has Kerry/Edwards people out in front of their entrance, handing out pamphlets, pins and other paraphenalia.

However, they do appear to be sober, so they may not pose a hazard.

:howdy: