Two couples arrested in MD for destroying Bush/Cheney political signs

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Howard County police have arrested a husband and wife for the destruction of a political sign in Ellicott City. Investigators said a number of Republican political signs have been vandalized over the last few weeks in Ellicott City. Police continue to investigate other cases, including signs what were cut, painted and burned.

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/3784114/detail.html

Like spamming Vrai's polls, maybe they think destroying the signs will give Kerry a better chance at winning the election. :roflmao:

K

Kizzy

Gulp. For a second there, I thought Dems and b/f got married over the weekend.

That is so stupid. Do they honestly think that if people don't see a sign they will not vote for Bush? Good grief. :duh:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Remember the shrill accusations about how angry Republicans were during their convention? Now there's break-ins, vandalizing, picketing, and windows shot out of Republican Offices plus this sort of stuff.

Hang tough everybody! Don't let the thugs intimdate you!

We went to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg Tennessee over the weekend. Saw about 100-150 campaign signs. 3 being K/E signs.

Cletus_Vandam

Irony with Gun Control

Isn't it a little ironic that with Kerry being one the biggest gun-grabbers out there (with his UN global gun control idea) that one of his supporters used a firearm to act out in violence against GW?

Oh, and I just loved it when he (Kerry) raised a raffle won shotgun that would be banned by his proposed legislation...

This guy is a tool.

I just hope that the video that was mentioned in an earlier post today makes it way onto the aire before the election.

selford

**A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed (The Constitution)... I think that we all know the literal translation of this was for the military to bear arms in order to protect the United States from outside invasions (those who wanted to take over our land). Not unlike the terrorists of today. Against the terrorists our 257s or even semi-automatic weapons (illegal?) would not stand a chance anyway. The problem with the guns is that there are too many gangs and too many young people with these weapons and they will shoot over a pair of tennis shoes or a jacket or a rock (of cocaine). We should be able to keep a gun (with a safety lock) in our homes. Hopefully the two or three year old doesn't accidentally get a hold of it. If you did shoot an intruder, you better make sure he falls inside the home-outside it is not self-defense. What do you have to offer? Anyone?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
selford said:
**A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed (The Constitution)... I think that we all know the literal translation of this was for the military to bear arms in order to protect the United States from outside invasions (those who wanted to take over our land). Not unlike the terrorists of today. Against the terrorists our 257s or even semi-automatic weapons (illegal?) would not stand a chance anyway. The problem with the guns is that there are too many gangs and too many young people with these weapons and they will shoot over a pair of tennis shoes or a jacket or a rock (of cocaine). We should be able to keep a gun (with a safety lock) in our homes. Hopefully the two or three year old doesn't accidentally get a hold of it. If you did shoot an intruder, you better make sure he falls inside the home-outside it is not self-defense. What do you have to offer? Anyone?

Marry me?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
selford said:
You know not of what you speak. The original intent and purpose of the Second Amendment was to preserve and guarantee, not grant, the pre-existing right of individuals to keep and bear arms.

ylexot

Super Genius
selford said:
What do I have to offer? How's this:
"What the Subcommittee on the Constitution uncovered was clear--and long-lost--proof that the second amendment to our Constitution was intended as an individual right of the American citizen to keep and carry arms in a peaceful manner, for protection of himself, his family, and his freedoms." Senator Orrin Hatch, Chairman, Senate Judiciary Committee Subcommittee on the Constitution, 97th Cong., 2d Sess., The Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Committee Print I-IX, 1-23 (1982).

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
selford said:
The problem with the guns is that there are too many gangs and too many young people with these weapons and they will shoot over a pair of tennis shoes or a jacket or a rock (of cocaine).
That's not a gun problem, it's a criminal intent problem. For law-abiding citizens guns are not the problem. Ask a criminal what he fears most...getting caught for his crime or getting shot for his crime?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think that we all know the literal translation of this was for the military to bear arms in order to protect the United States from outside invasions (those who wanted to take over our land). Not unlike the terrorists of today. Against the terrorists our 257s or even semi-automatic weapons (illegal?) would not stand a chance anyway. The problem with the guns is that there are too many gangs and too many young people with these weapons and they will shoot over a pair of tennis shoes or a jacket or a rock (of cocaine). We should be able to keep a gun (with a safety lock) in our homes. Hopefully the two or three year old doesn't accidentally get a hold of it. If you did shoot an intruder, you better make sure he falls inside the home-outside it is not self-defense

Let's play your game:

"I think we all know that the literal translation of the first amendement was to speak out against the wrongs of King George of England. Obviously, an individual of today cannot compete with a modern news organization, foreign or domestic, in getting their thoughts expressed. The problem with free speach today is Howard Stern fart jokes and the incredibly asinine lyrics of todays pop music. No one could have possibly predicted such inane mis-use of free speach. We should, however, be able to speak freely in our homes provided the windows are shut and the children are alseep. Hopefully, they won't wake up while you are telling a solicitor to get lost or are speaking ill of the government."

Now, tell me how, as Kerry supporters destroy property and threaten life and limb nationwide over the free speach of a politcal campaign, words are not dangerous.

Tell me how, and why, the meaning of the Constitution and the Bill of rights should change over time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think that we all know the literal translation of this was for the military to bear arms in order to protect the United States from outside invasions
No, baby - that would be the interpretive translation. The literal translation would be:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed

This stuff pisses me off. I hate it when something that is clearly stated, in black and white, gets misconstrued. If you can't read, you shouldn't be able to vote.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
selford said:
**A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed (The Constitution)... I think that we all know the literal translation of this was for the military to bear arms in order to protect the United States from outside invasions (those who wanted to take over our land).
You missed that completely. The right of the people shall not be infringed. Do I have to go through this again? The founders wanted the people to be able to defend themselves against the government they were instituting through the Constitution. The Second Amendment predates the law creating the National Guard by about 100 years.

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I think that all the vandalism, the assaults, and the property destruction should be hurting the Dems cause. JMHO

SamSpade

kom526 said:
I think that all the vandalism, the assaults, and the property destruction should be hurting the Dems cause. JMHO

Makes sense, doesn't it? But it won't, for several reasons.

1. It won't get a lot of airplay. The recent barrage of attacks against Bush/Cheney hq's across the nation has barely created a ripple of news in the major news outlets.

2. The most rabid of Dems will see it as justified, because they don't see both candidates on equal footing. It would be like asking an extreme fundie to vote between God and the Devil. They believe Bush to be so profoundly wrong that such tactics are supportable.

3. The "undecideds" - if they truly exist - consist largely of the mostly tuned-out, who are barely aware of ANYTHING in the news, or even who their vice-President has been for the last FOUR YEARS. They'll make up their minds on election day (Bad news for Bush - they tend to vote for the non-incumbent).

selford

I agree we should be able to have a gun for protection, not a problem. The problem is they get into the hands of those with evil intent. How do we overcome this problem?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
selford said:
I agree we should be able to have a gun for protection, not a problem. The problem is they get into the hands of those with evil intent. How do we overcome this problem?
Death penalty.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Political signs have been placed on the common grounds in our neighborhood. I'm yankin' 'em tonight. You guys gonna' bail me outta' jail?

SamSpade

selford said:

You can't keep them from the hands of those with evil intent; they have evil intent - they'll steal one, if necessary.

But it's been proven what DOES work is punishing severely those who carry out their evil intent - lock them up for a long time in a prison they never want to return to.

What also works is punishing those who provide them with guns, illegally. A huge portion of gun homicides is related to gangs and drugs, the kinds of persons who'd never pass a screening. Someone sells them guns anyway. Shut THEM down, and you curtail the crime.