Kerry film to air

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Kerry film to air on TV before election.....

http://http://washingtontimes.com/national/20041011-115320-1568r.htm

Dems are whining that it is airing BEFORE the election....so I guess Michael Moore's film was exempt and didn't mean a thing??? Dan Rather's 60 Minutes piece was OK to show (until the Dems were caught red-handed with false documents...)???

Critical of Bush = good and OK to show

Critical of Kerry = bad and unfair to show - sic the FCC on 'em

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is a big deal over at the DU. They're screaming "no fair" and demanding the FCC get involved. What's funny is the thread right above it is praise that "Farenheit 9-11" is scheduled to air the night before the election.

:dur:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Anyone ready for a BRILLIANT idea...?

Attention CNN:

Attention FOX:

Attention CBS:

Scratch that last one.

Anyway, CCN, say, picks a night and shows the anti Kerry flick WITH, say, three reps from camp Kerry and 3 from BushCo.

After every commercial they come back and discuss the last segment. make your claim of what was a lie or distortion and have a point/counterpoint. Rotate possesion so that after commercial break #1 the Kerry team can have a segment repeated and make their case, then the Bushies can refute, then next commercial the Bush team says 'see right here, EVIL!' and team Kerry can say 'not true!'.

Each team gets the opportunity at the end to go over any part one more time.

The following week they do FH 9/11.

If the show sticks, you get to dissect each others political commercials.

This is pure genius. I hereby claim patent on this idea.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Linda Vester(FNC) interviewing Chad Clanton, described as a 'senior Kerry campaign advisor.'

Discussing the plans of the Sinclair broadcasting group to air "Stolen Honor," the documentary about Kerry's Vietnam war service, Clanton stated:

"They [Sinclair] better hope that we're not elected."

Gotta love the sound bites these guys give. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
otter said:
"They [Sinclair] better hope that we're not elected."
:shocking: Thanks for letting us know, Chad Clanton, that Kerry intends to abuse his power if he gets elected. Gotta love them Democrats.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Linda Vester should have replied, "What will you do?" I'd have loved to hear the answer to that.

B

Bruzilla

Hardly anyone went to the theater to see Moore's propoganda piece, what makes them think they'll waste the time to watch it on TV? Also, who's going to broadcast his movie? I hadn't heard they had found someone to show it.

ylexot

Super Genius
Last I heard was that Moore wanted to show it on the networks, but he has a contract for pay-per-view and they won't let him show it on the networks.

valentino

Voter2002 said:
Kerry film to air on TV before election.....

http://http://washingtontimes.com/national/20041011-115320-1568r.htm

Dems are whining that it is airing BEFORE the election....so I guess Michael Moore's film was exempt and didn't mean a thing??? Dan Rather's 60 Minutes piece was OK to show (until the Dems were caught red-handed with false documents...)???

Critical of Bush = good and OK to show

Critical of Kerry = bad and unfair to show - sic the FCC on 'em

I think there is a difference between a movie in the theatres and a movie made to look like a news story played in the prime time slot on network television. At the same time and no matter how much I disagree with the idea, it is the right of the networks to decide what programming they wish to play and what they do not...plain and simple.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
valentino said:
I think there is a difference between a movie in the theatres and a movie made to look like a news story played in the prime time slot on network television.

You've got to be kidding me. :rolleyes:

Moore and many Demoncraps turned a blind eye to the truth and did, in fact, present his movie as though it were a newsworthy and factual documentary.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Let us not forget...

...Primary Colors and Wag the Dog, movies produced and released specifically to help keep Clinton from getting impeached.

SamSpade

valentino said:
I think there is a difference between a movie in the theatres and a movie made to look like a news story played in the prime time slot on network television. At the same time and no matter how much I disagree with the idea, it is the right of the networks to decide what programming they wish to play and what they do not...plain and simple.

Interesting. Moore's movie was billed as a 'documentary'. In fact, he had to juggle a few things to make it eligible for a 'best MOVIE' Oscar instead of for a documentary. And he himself likes to boast that it's the most popular 'documentary' of all time.

The difference? One's on TV, the other's in the theater - and may YET go to TV, except that Moore is RE-releasing it before the election (even though it's out on DVD already).

So it's the same damned thing, and what everyone has said is right - one set of rules for the liberals ('cuz they're the "good guys") and one set of rules for everyone else. Bust into OUR headquarters, Congressional hearings, national scandal, jail and resignation. Shoot at, ransack, vandalize, burglarize, ROB, or even take over in broad daylight as a mob, THEIR headquarters - doesn't make the evening news.

Different rules.
In '72 it was called Watergate.
In '04 it's no big deal.

B

Bruzilla

BuddyLee said:
Gee $119,078,393 sure seems like a flop in the box office to me.

http://www.killermovies.com/f/fahrenheit911/

Sure seems like one to me. A movie that should appeal to about half the people in the country AND has had more publicity than any other movie short of The Christ movie makes only $119,078,393? Let's look at some of the movies that beat that number recently...

Big Daddy - $163,480,000
Elf - $173,381,000 (and I thought no one had seen that one.)
The Bourne Supremacy (another almost direct to vid movie) - $173,854,000

These were all movies that we're in and out of theaters in a flash, and appealed to a far smaller segment of the population, yet they all made a lot more money than Moore's flick. Any other movie, with that kind of media attention and alledged public support, that made only that much money would be determined a flop.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
Gee $119,078,393 sure seems like a flop in the box office to me.

http://www.killermovies.com/f/fahrenheit911/
Divide $119,078,393 by $7 (if the average admission is $7 - I think it is probably much higher) and you get 17,011,199 paid admissions. That is about 7% of the population and many people interviewed about the film said they had seen it multiple times which makes the number of viewers even smaller.