Violation of the 14th Amendment by Kerry?

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Section 3.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Does anyone think that Kerry, with all his previous anti-war (Viet Nam) spittle and calling Army guys baby-killers.....etc......could possibly have violated Section 3 of the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution? All his anti-war crap was AFTER he had sworn an oath as a Navy Officer and the possible violation could be "given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."

What's everyone's opinion?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Voter2002 said:
Does anyone think that Kerry, with all his previous anti-war (Viet Nam) spittle and calling Army guys baby-killers.....etc......could possibly have violated Section 3 of the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution? All his anti-war crap was AFTER he had sworn an oath as a Navy Officer and the possible violation could be "given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."

It is highly possible, but I doubt if it will be carried forward. Kerry's biggest problem along these lines is when he met with the Vietnamese delegation in Paris in 1970 in direct violation of US Law. But that too doesn't seem important for a major chunk of this nation. Some must think that being a criminal is a precursor to becoming President.

Voter2002

Ken King said:
It is highly possible, but I doubt if it will be carried forward. Kerry's biggest problem along these lines is when he met with the Vietnamese delegation in Paris in 1970 in direct violation of US Law. But that too doesn't seem important for a major chunk of this nation. Some must think that being a criminal is a precursor to becoming President.
...or if you are a Democratic President then being a criminal is no big thing (Clinton)....

Cletus_Vandam

Two things here spark some interest to me.

First, what is providing "comfort" to the enemies. Is the term comfort defined legally somewhere? If not, that sounds like it could be left to interpretation.

Second, 2/3 vote. The dems better hope they take a bunch of seats to "remove the disability" if it's brought before them.

But truthfully, I dont' see this going anywhere. I do think that the mud slinging will increase dramatically in the next two/three weeks though. It will be interesting to see if this makes its way into the media.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Voter2002 said:
My opinion is that I live in Wonderland. I spent all weekend trying to make certain people understand that lies are lies, and the people who do it are called "liars". Stealing is stealing, and the people who do it are called "thieves".

We have Spoiled, who thinks it's a great idea to pass out condoms to strangers' children.

We also have Valentino, who thinks that the wants of terrorists should outweigh the wants of the Iraqi citizens AND the safety of us folks over here in the US.

We have crazy liberals who think it should be a crime to show an anti-Kerry TV show before the election, but showing an anti-Bush TV show is just fine.

AND they think that it's perfectly okay to shoot at, vandalize, firebomb, whatever, the campaign offices of the candidate they oppose.

We have John Kerry, who thinks 9-11 was a "nuisance". And we want to actually uphold the 14th Amendment??? Of OUR Constitution??? The Constitution that these nutties think provides for abortion and slavery???

Please. Those days are LONG over. If our Constitution were going to be upheld, Bill Clinton would be sitting in a jail cell right now.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
From Conservative Petitions:
Urge Kerry to sign form 180
and release military records

NOTE -- Send your petition by fax as well as email!
Look for your opportunity after signing this petition.

Why does John Kerry staunchly refuse to release his Vietnam War records? One quick signature should be all it takes to silence detractors and end distractions. But Kerry isn't signing.

Campaign handlers claim Kerry isn't hiding any of his war records, insisting all have been released to the public. That simply is not true. Many more records -- including Kerry's medical records -- could and should be released.

On Aug. 23, the Pentagon responded to a Washington Post Freedom of Information Act request by turning over just six pages of the 100-page Kerry dossier. Why? Kerry wouldn't authorized the release of the full file.

On the issue of military service, Kerry boldly says: "Bring it on!" Yet he won't bring it out.

Is it really true that Sen. John Kerry didn't arrange his honorable discharge until March of 2001 -- nearly 30 years after his military service ended?
You can sign the petition to try to get Kerry to sign form 180 here. http://new.conservativepetitions.co...tag_body?PID=022918ec277a2407cb9c659eadcd33ff

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:
My opinion is that I live in Wonderland. I spent all weekend trying to make certain people understand that lies are lies, and the people who do it are called "liars". Stealing is stealing, and the people who do it are called "thieves".

We have Spoiled, who thinks it's a great idea to pass out condoms to strangers' children.

We also have Valentino, who thinks that the wants of terrorists should outweigh the wants of the Iraqi citizens AND the safety of us folks over here in the US.

We have crazy liberals who think it should be a crime to show an anti-Kerry TV show before the election, but showing an anti-Bush TV show is just fine.

AND they think that it's perfectly okay to shoot at, vandalize, firebomb, whatever, the campaign offices of the candidate they oppose.

We have John Kerry, who thinks 9-11 was a "nuisance". And we want to actually uphold the 14th Amendment??? Of OUR Constitution??? The Constitution that these nutties think provides for abortion and slavery???

Please. Those days are LONG over. If our Constitution were going to be upheld, Bill Clinton would be sitting in a jail cell right now.

I've read, but can't find a way to verify, that he was JUST awarded an honorable discharge in 1999, which tells me he was originally discharged with a "Less Then Honorable" or a "General" discharge ohh so many years ago..

I'm also to understand that his award citations were all amended and rewritten as far back as 2000. To even include a "V" device for his Silver Star..

Just adding my 2 cents..

Voter2002

itsbob said:
I'm also to understand that his award citations were all amended and rewritten as far back as 2000. To even include a "V" device for his Silver Star..

Just adding my 2 cents..
...yeah...probably about when he was mulling around in his mind a future run for the presidency....