The debate...

Spoiled

Well i just turned it on (had soccer)... Looks like kerry is pwning Bush, go figure... just burned him on the assault weapon ban

SmallTown

Football season!
There was one time earlier in the debate where Kerry was talking and the camera showed Bush, and he had a look on his face like "Damn he's good"

Other than that, both seem tired and worn down. Waiting for one to pass out asleep in the middle of one of their answers

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Spoiled said:
Well i just turned it on (had soccer)... Looks like kerry is pwning Bush, go figure... just burned him on the assault weapon ban
"pwning" Bush. Is that a word?

It's too early to tell yet, and I still think Kerry looks like Lurch.:duh:

oldman

Lobster Land
I'll admit I'm biased, but GWB still has my vote. He did not say anything, in my opinion, that didn't make sense and I just can't say the same for JK.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sheiffer said...

..."one more question..." we said in unison "Thank God!"

Every time Bush tried to pull our teeth Kerry would drone on into oblivion.

Sheiffer gets credit for letting all the acrimony out of this race with the 'stong 'women' bit. Both candidates instantly became nothing but human.

I thought that was fantastic and it's the first time I ever felt Kerry seem likeable.

After all the gairty our pol geek girl said 'Bush was the funniest...without meaning to be'.

I broke a gut.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I believe Kerry won the first, Bush the second, and Kerry certainly won this debate. Bush seemed the complete mirror image of himself in the first debate except I got a large sense of redundancy. I thought I heard him bring up Kerry's voting record every other question.

oldman

Lobster Land
BuddyLee said:
I believe Kerry won the first, Bush the second, and Kerry certainly won this debate. Bush seemed the complete mirror image of himself in the first debate except I got a large sense of redundancy. I thought I heard him bring up Kerry's voting record every other question.

BL, to me that simply means GWB is/will stand firm on his convictions. He just doesn't change his convictions because it may change peoples minds to vote for him, it's what he believes. I just can't find to much wrong with someone like that, although I have already said I'm biased. To me it's better than saying I'll do this and then changing it the next week.

BuddyLee

Football addict
oldman said:
BL, to me that simply means GWB is/will stand firm on his convictions. He just doesn't change his convictions because it may change peoples minds to vote for him, it's what he believes. I just can't find to much wrong with someone like that, although I have already said I'm biased. To me it's better than saying I'll do this and then changing it the next week.
I guess according to you the same could be said about Kerry. Did it not take balls/conviction to stand up in front of Congress thirty years ago and express his opinion of the war? Did it not take balls/conviction to be one of the only ones to stand up for the VVAW?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BuddyLee said:
I thought I heard him bring up Kerry's voting record every other question.
What's wrong with that? Kerry is trying to lead everyone down the primrose path, while his voting record is there for the whole wide world to see. Bush SHOULD hammer it home. We either want a liberal President or we don't.

I call this a tie. Bush seems more sincere but Kerry seemed more confident. Of course, Kerry WOULD be confident because he's never had to make the kinds of decisions a President makes. My kids think they could do my job, too.

Kerry is all about image because, frankly, he doesn't have anything else. But they need to do something about Teresa. Make her stand up straight, fix her hair, wear clothes that are more flattering - she looked like hell tonight, especially standing next to Laura Bush.

That said, if you were undecided and didn't know jack about the issues before tonight, this debate wasn't going to help you any.

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
What's wrong with that? Kerry is trying to lead everyone down the primrose path, while his voting record is there for the whole wide world to see. Bush SHOULD hammer it home. We either want a liberal President or we don't.

I call this a tie. Bush seems more sincere but Kerry seemed more confident. Of course, Kerry WOULD be confident because he's never had to make the kinds of decisions a President makes. My kids think they could do my job, too.

Kerry is all about image because, frankly, he doesn't have anything else. But they need to do something about Teresa. Make her stand up straight, fix her hair, wear clothes that are more flattering - she looked like hell tonight, especially standing next to Laura Bush.

That said, if you were undecided and didn't know jack about the issues before tonight, this debate wasn't going to help you any.
I agree with you in that Bush should have taken the advantage of driving that offensive home but he just seemed to redundant in that offensive. I heard good answers and bad answers from both but more redundancy from Bush. Teresa did look like hell.:twitch:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PS, Terry McAuliffe had a big stint on Fox tonight and he HAS to be the most obnoxious ugly person in America, if not the world. HE is the one that is responsible for the nasty turn the Democrats have taken.