Ham stuffing time...

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
is right around the corner, and I can't wait.

Ok, let's hear your opinions on this delicious topic.
like it, hate it, do you stuff your own etc. etc.

BuddyLee

Football addict
kom526 said:

:tantrum Now I want some stuffed ham.

Stuffed ham makes the world go' round. At least in southern Maryland. :shrug:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I stuff at least one every year. It took me a while to get the recipe just right but it was worth it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I like mine on white bread with a touch of mayo. :cheers: I have a recipe a friend gave me but I've never been brave enough to tackle making one.

TWLs wife

kom526 said:

Go to Mc.kays. They sell everything you need for a stuffed ham. :flowers:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
If you just can't or don't want to make one you can buy it frozen ready to cook at Nicks in Clinton.

I love to make them and do my 'thang' with it. I don't do the usual cut slits and stuff it in there. I get mine deboned and slice (on the inside where the bone was) where I need to, so it will lay flat (kind of) then pile the stuffing on, in and around the slices of meat. when I slice it, the meat and filling are in spirals. YUM!!!

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Mustard or mayo? Whole wheat, rye, white or 7 grain? Toasted? Lettuce? Pickle? Dill or bread & butter?

Desert?

Dukesdad

Stuffed ham on Wonder bread. NO mayo, mustard or anything else. However, the best sandwich is two slices of ham with the stuffing piled thick, no bread.
There are lots of different recipies for it. Seems as you go north from Ridge , people use more greens and less cabbage. When I make mine, I like to use turnip tops and collard greens with the kale, cabbage and onions.
Oh boy, might need to ride to leonardtown for a sandwich for lunch.

CMC122

Go Braves!
I am a stuffed ham freak:yum: Never met a stuffed ham I didn't like: St. Mary's Landing's stuffed ham is awesome:yum: Alway's leave there with a pound or two for sammiches:yum:
White bread, ham and stuffing:yum:
I would love to learn how to make stuffed ham:yum:

KCM

Right Where I Belong
FairyChatMom said:
For the benefit of a newcomer to the area - what's stuffed ham?

What is stuffed ham? I have heard of it before, but I have no idea what the ham is stuffed with.