Favor: Need a (hopefully, unbiased) breakdown of Kerry's and Bush's actual tax plans

Shakezula

Insert Lame Innuendo Here
Does anyone know where these are laid out? I have checked their websites and both seem vague. All that they list is who gets tax CUTS, not who is going to have to pay more, etc. I can't find that explicitly anywhere... or is that because no one wants to come out and say it? ;)

Anyway, thanks in advance if anyone has any information. A friend of mine is still undecided, and I am trying my best to provide him with some unbiased information, and learn some things myself, as well.

(So, please... do not assume I am trying to force any "liberal," "libby," "lib," "dem," etc. agenda on my friend. Like I said, I'm trying to help him out, with both parties' plans- Help him create an informed opinion on an issue he is concerned with.)

Thanks very much!!

B

Bruzilla

Kerry's plan is two-fold, with one portion being distinct and the other is fuzzy. He has said that he wants to repeal the Bush tax cut for all tax payers making over $200,000 a year. These are not corporate taxpayers, but citizens making that money and business owners who report their company's income as personal income.

The second part, the fuzzy one, will likely impact everyone. Kerry's going to try to do a lot of things that are very expensive, and there's no way robbing the rich is going to pay for it. He's going to have to increase payroll taxes and social security taxes. You can also expect a healthcare tax to be added to healthcare insurance premiums so that he can pay for eveyone's healthcare (with everyone defined as those who do not have insurance now, not everyone in the country - we have to keep paying for ours.)

Lastly, Kerry wants to repeal the tax credit that companies get for operating businesses overseas and that pay overseas taxes. This will lead companies to increase the costs of US goods to cover the loss.

Bush's tax plan? He's already implemented it... which is why we're not in the midst of a deep recession as you read this.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Shakezula said:
Does anyone know where these are laid out? I have checked their websites and both seem vague. All that they list is who gets tax CUTS, not who is going to have to pay more, etc. I can't find that explicitly anywhere... or is that because no one wants to come out and say it? ;)

Anyway, thanks in advance if anyone has any information. A friend of mine is still undecided, and I am trying my best to provide him with some unbiased information, and learn some things myself, as well.

(So, please... do not assume I am trying to force any "liberal," "libby," "lib," "dem," etc. agenda on my friend. Like I said, I'm trying to help him out, with both parties' plans- Help him create an informed opinion on an issue he is concerned with.)

Thanks very much!!
Bush's tax plans are already enacted. You are living them. He wants to make the new tax rates permanent since they are temporary as enacted. Kerry's tax plan is to roll back the tax relief that was given to the top tax bracket. As an aside, the top bracket pays 80% of the taxes paid in the U.S. now.