where are my people?

kelligreen

revenuer
I moved to Calvert County from PG in June. I'm 22 and married and I have to ask- where are all the young married couples? My neighborhood is full of 30-somethings with kids! And part of the neighborhood has townhouses (where I live). When I'm walking my dog, I only have but so much to say to an older guy with his socks pulled up to his knees...

Toxick

Splat
kelligreen said:
I moved to Calvert County from PG in June. I'm 22 and married and I have to ask- where are all the young married couples? My neighborhood is full of 30-somethings with kids! And part of the neighborhood has townhouses (where I live). When I'm walking my dog, I only have but so much to say to an older guy with his socks pulled up to his knees...

And a few more gray hairs pop out.

:twitch: :shocking: :twitch: :shocking: :twitch: :shocking: :twitch:

I guess I'm going to go eat my soft boiled egg and take a nap now.

:yawn:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Which part of Calvert County? I thought most of the young couples lived in the Ranch Club, as well as in the Greens and Wildewood in St. Mary's.

mainman

Set Trippin
Toxick said:
And a few more gray hairs pop out.

:twitch: :shocking: :twitch: :shocking: :twitch: :shocking:

I guess I'm going to go eat my soft boiled egg and take a nap now.

:yawn:
:roflmao: Do you pull your trousers up to your neck as well? :confused: Never understood why old fellas do that... Ken?? You wanna take this one? :killingme

Otter

Nothing to see here
kelligreen said:
When I'm walking my dog, I only have but so much to say to an older guy with his socks pulled up to his knees...

Dear Kelli

Please don't walk your dog on the playing field when us seniors are playing kickball.

Thx,

Otter

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
mainman said:
:roflmao: Do you pull your trousers up to your neck as well? :confused: Never understood why old fellas do that... Ken?? You wanna take this one? :killingme
What about Otter?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
mainman said:
Jump on it Ken, he's easy money!:killingme

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
mainman said:
Have no idea what you are talking about. My pants stay snug right beneath the spare tire where they belong. Try Penn.

kelligreen

revenuer
Well, I guess they're not really my people. I suppose my people are the ones who go to bed at 10 every night (even on weekends) and enjoy crossword puzzles. I think I'll have a chat with that old guy now...

I live in Chesapeake Beach- I think Ranch Club is a bit of a haul for me to find people my age.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Isn't there a local watering hole where you could meet some people your age? Maybe bingo? I dunno, I'm not familiar with that area.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
kelligreen said:
I think Ranch Club is a bit of a haul for me to find people my age.

It is - and we're all close to retirement age down here.:dead:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
Isn't there a local watering hole where you could meet some people your age? Maybe bingo? I dunno, I'm not familiar with that area.
Maybe Chucky-Cheese or some other kiddy joint.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
kelligreen said:
I live in Chesapeake Beach
I think that explains it. To my knowledge, the Beaches have the only concentration of small homes in northern Calvert. Most of the new subdivisions in that part of the county have McMansions, way out of the price range of most young couples.