Permit

K

KBlues

Hi-

I would like to have a 6ft wood stackade fence installed around my property. Does anyone know if I need a permit from the County (Calvert) before I have it installed?

And, if I install it, and it turns out I did need a permit, can anyone guess if there would be any trouble afterward?

I have tried to call the County a few times, but Ithey keep putting me on hold for long periods of time.:burning:

Thanks!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
NOT SURE

But I do think you have to have survey or be absolutely sure of your property lines...there are some rules for how much inside the lines you have to be.

Check out this site, might have info you are looking for or at least point you in the right direction.

http://www.co.cal.md.us/

watercolor

yeah yeah
As far as we work here, I know that you do, and you do have to call Miss U to make sure all lanes are clear. They like to get their panties in a bunch if you dont

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Also, KBlues, don't forget about any neighborhood restrictions you may have. Our neighbor put up a privacy fence around her back yard and the neighborhood association made her take it out.

All that happens is the County will make you take the fence down - they don't put you in jail or anything. They may fine you as well. So you'll have spent a bunch of money for nothing.