Well, now... this explains some things...

More Republicans Satisfied With Sex Lives Than Democrats

The poll analysis includes a breakdown by many subgroups, including region, age and even political party affiliation, which is the topic of results released today:

Of those involved in a committed relationship, who is very satisfied with their relationship?
Republicans — 87 percent; Democrats — 76 percent

Who is very satisfied with their sex life?
Republicans — 56 percent; Democrats — 47 percent

The poll analysis also reveals who has worn something sexy to enhance their sex life:
Republicans — 72 percent; Democrats — 62 percent

When asked whether they had ever faked an orgasm, more Democrats (33 percent) than Republicans (26 percent) said they had.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
The writers on the show Soap would be shocked. They had Burt and Mary discussing the Reagans' sex life, and Mary said, "I don't think Republicans do it."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Democrats are unhappy with their lives, in general, because they live in some Reality TV show la-la land. If they don't have #####es and hos like some MTV rap guy, they're not happy. They think if they aren't cheating on their spouses, they don't have a real sex life. If they're not having sex with everyone they can get their hands on, male and female, it's not satisfying.

Looking at some of the other things Democrats think is "right" and "normal", no wonder they don't have good sex lives. They don't know what real life is and they live in a perpetual state of teen angst.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
As recently as 20 years ago, the sexual stereotypes were these: liberals believed in spouse-swapping, intimacy-free nihilstic sex, and conservatives believed that even married sex was sinful if the woman enjoyed it.

Tonio said:
As recently as 20 years ago, the sexual stereotypes were these: liberals believed in spouse-swapping, intimacy-free nihilstic sex, and conservatives believed that even married sex was sinful if the woman enjoyed it.
What are you basing this on...:confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
Wake up and smell the sheets, friend. That's the stereotype today, according to liberals. We get to see on a regular basis what they think sex should be - we watch them cavort on TV and we get to see how their elected officials vote on issues like AIDS, abortion and schools doling out condoms.

Liberals cry and whine about how behind the times conservatives are, when it's THEY that are living in the stone age. "Progressives" indeed. :rolleyes:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
kwillia said:
What are you basing this on...:confused:
From almost 30 years of reading political and social commentary. I'm saying that's how the two sides perceive one another. I'm not saying that those stereotypes are accurate.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Tonio said:
I wonder if these people that espouse the stereotype of conservatives ever read the Song of Solomon; sexy stuff.
1 Solomon's Song of Songs.

Beloved
[1]
2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth-
for your love is more delightful than wine.
3 Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes;
your name is like perfume poured out.
No wonder the maidens love you!
4 Take me away with you-let us hurry!
Let the king bring me into his chambers.

Lover
9 I liken you, my darling, to a mare
harnessed to one of the chariots of Pharaoh.
10 Your cheeks are beautiful with earrings,
your neck with strings of jewels.
11 We will make you earrings of gold,
studded with silver.

Beloved
12 While the king was at his table,
my perfume spread its fragrance.
13 My lover is to me a sachet of myrrh
resting between my breasts.
14 My lover is to me a cluster of henna blossoms
from the vineyards of En Gedi.

Lover
15 How beautiful you are, my darling!
Oh, how beautiful!
Your eyes are doves.

Beloved
16 How handsome you are, my lover!
Oh, how charming!
And our bed is verdant.

Sounds like they both were enjoying it.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
Wake up and smell the sheets, friend. That's the stereotype today, according to liberals. We get to see on a regular basis what they think sex should be - we watch them cavort on TV and we get to see how their elected officials vote on issues like AIDS, abortion and schools doling out condoms.

Liberals cry and whine about how behind the times conservatives are, when it's THEY that are living in the stone age. "Progressives" indeed. :rolleyes:
My point is there ought to be a middle ground between irresponsible hedonism and guilt-ridden prudery. Both stereotypes assume that humans aren't capable of mastering their sexual impulses. I don't believe that. Some people just choose not to master their impulses. Growing up, the message I got from religion was that sex was shameful, like one boner and I was doomed to hell.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Tonio said:
Growing up, the message I got from religion was that sex was shameful, like one boner and I was doomed to hell.
Whoever taught you that didn't read the Bible. By the way, many ministers, priests, and nuns don't, never have, and won't. They read what is covered in seminary and nothing more except maybe to prepare a sermon or "Bible" study. I asked my former minister; he told me that he had never read it cover to cover. I found a new Church.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
Growing up, the message I got from religion was that sex was shameful, like one boner and I was doomed to hell.
I was going to cite Song of Solomon, but I see 2A already did that.

Didn't realize the Bible was such a juicy read, did you? :really:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
Didn't realize the Bible was such a juicy read, did you? :really:
My mother's Baptist family should have read the Song of Solomon. They believed all pleasure was sinful and that men were supposed to rule over women. Even today, if I have a beer, I have a momentary twinge like I'm doing something bad.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Tonio said:
My mother's Baptist family should have read the Song of Solomon. They believed all pleasure was sinful and that men were supposed to rule over women. Even today, if I have a beer, I have a momentary twinge like I'm doing something bad.
Christ's first public miracle was turning water into wine (not grape juice - read the scripture John 2:1-11 ). The problem is not with drinking; the problem is drinking to excess.