What Kerry accomplished during his 20 year tenure

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Kerry's Senate activities – Bills or Senate Joint Resolutions sponsored/Bills or Senate Joint Resolutions becoming Public Laws

99th Congress 22/0
100th Congress 39/0
101st Congress 50/1
102nd Congress 41/4
103rd Congress 29/2
104th Congress 32/0
105th Congress 19/0
106th Congress 33/1
107th Congress 81/0
108th Congress 30/0

TOTAL Sponsored 376
TOTAL Public Laws 8
Rate of success = 2%

Synopsis of legislation introduced by Kerry that passed

106th Legislation - SB791 – provide appropriations for “Women's Business Centers Sustainability Act of 1999”

103rd Legislation – SB1206 – Renaming a Federal building. SB1636 – to authorize appropriations for the Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972.

102nd Legislation – SJR160 – designating “World Population Awareness Week”, SJR318 – designating 13 Nov 1992 as “Vietnam Veterans Memorial 10th Anniversary Day”, SJR332 – designating 18 Sep 1992 as “National POW/MIA Recognition Day”, S1563 - to authorize appropriations to carry out the National Sea Grant College Program Act.

101st Legislation – SJR158 – designating “World Population Awareness Week”

Ken King

PREMO Member
cattitude said:
I figured your post would be NAFT.
That is pretty much what it is, NAFT, I really don't see anything of significant value on this list.

J

justhangn

So, he's being paid good money to provide no service........kind of like Welfare but he's wearing a suit. :ohwell:

Ken King

PREMO Member
At least we can now see why he isn't touting his legislative career and had to jump all the way back to 'Nam.

J

justhangn

Ken King said:
At least we can now see why he isn't touting his legislative career and had to jump all the way back to 'Nam.
Yeah, God knows his Military record is iron clad. :duh:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
As a question before I spread this around... anyone done any due diligence on this list or is this an email spread? I would like to verify the validity so I can take it out on the town. :wink:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ken King said:
Kerry's Senate activities – Bills or Senate Joint Resolutions sponsored/Bills or Senate Joint Resolutions becoming Public Laws

99th Congress 22/0
100th Congress 39/0
101st Congress 50/1
102nd Congress 41/4
103rd Congress 29/2
104th Congress 32/0
105th Congress 19/0
106th Congress 33/1
107th Congress 81/0
108th Congress 30/0

TOTAL Sponsored 376
TOTAL Public Laws 8
Rate of success = 2%

Synopsis of legislation introduced by Kerry that passed

106th Legislation - SB791 – provide appropriations for “Women's Business Centers Sustainability Act of 1999”

103rd Legislation – SB1206 – Renaming a Federal building. SB1636 – to authorize appropriations for the Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972.

102nd Legislation – SJR160 – designating “World Population Awareness Week”, SJR318 – designating 13 Nov 1992 as “Vietnam Veterans Memorial 10th Anniversary Day”, SJR332 – designating 18 Sep 1992 as “National POW/MIA Recognition Day”, S1563 - to authorize appropriations to carry out the National Sea Grant College Program Act.

101st Legislation – SJR158 – designating “World Population Awareness Week”

You forgot his BEST accomplishments.

AZZ kissing Kennedy to get elected in the first place.

As mentioned in the Debates, Kennedy not the most liberal statesman from Mass. anymore

Finding a district that would elect him, then moving there.

Dating rich women until he found one stupid enough and hard up enough to marry him and bankroll him.

Proving elections aren't won or lost on looks, or intelligence.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
FromTexas said:
As a question before I spread this around... anyone done any due diligence on this list or is this an email spread? I would like to verify the validity so I can take it out on the town. :wink:
I would bet it is "iron clad" knowing Ken. He does his research as I do. But best to wait for him to answer.

Ken King

PREMO Member
FromTexas said:
I derived it myself by searching through the Library of Congress site.

ylexot

Super Genius
I think that means "where did you get your information from". Of course, you already said the Library of Congress site, so maybe I'm wrong.

Ken King

PREMO Member
ylexot said:
I think that means "where did you get your information from". Of course, you already said the Library of Congress site, so maybe I'm wrong.
I am not sure if that is what they meant either. Is this a new language or something?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Ken King said:
I derived it myself by searching through the Library of Congress site.

Thanks! I tend to trust 2A and your info, but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an email first. :wink:

Ken King

PREMO Member
FromTexas said:
Thanks! I tend to trust 2A and your info, but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an email first. :wink:
I guess I'll have to do something about that now. :biggrin: