Anybody else see the Mikulski/Pipkin debate on MPT tonight?

ylexot

Super Genius
I probably should have announced that the debate was going to be on tonight. Oh well. Anybody else watch it? I was thoroughly unimpressed. It was like watching a Bush/Kerry debate without the polish. Same arguments on both sides.

So, if you missed it, you didn't miss much.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I didn't see it or even know it was on until just now when I saw your post. How did Pipkin do? Not that it matters. :ohwell:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
How did Pipkin do? Not that it matters. :ohwell:

He brought up her voting record alot. She stumbled a few times; pulled the VRWC and the Republican playbook mantras.

Oh... and she said she'll fight for MD about 50 times...and "be all you can be". :crazy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sharon said:
He brought up her voting record alot. She stumbled a few times; pulled the VRWC and the Republican playbook mantras.

Oh... and she said she'll fight for MD about 50 times...and "be all you can be". :crazy:
She could probably stand up there and do the Hokey Pokey and STILL get elected. Pathetic.

ylexot

Super Genius
I thought it was funny that Mikulski said that Pipkin was running a Republican "cookie-cutter campaign" when it was pretty obvious that she is running a Democrat "cookie-cutter campaign".

It sounded to me like Pipkin was mostly going through the Republican talking points and Mikulski was mostly going through the Democrat talking points.

ylexot

Super Genius
Oh yeah, Mikulski even used the "paralyzed people will get up and walk if you vote for me" argument. You'd think she would learn from the negative press that received when Edwards said it.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a transcript of the debate.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
She said she was experienced and "original" and then used the Army "be all you can be" slogan a couple of times. Her arguments sounded just like Kerry. Her record stinks, but the inner city people with their hands out will vote for her. "Sum of All Fears" help!

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
I didn't watch the debate last night. But I can't imagine anybody voting for Pipkin. He sold junk bonds to people. They lost there hard money to this man. I wouldn't vote for him. He makes me sick. At least Mikulski cares about the Middle Class. I think Pipkin is just trying to sell us more Junk Bonds with those negative campaigns ads he has be running.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
UrbanPancake said:
I didn't watch the debate last night. But I can't imagine anybody voting for Pipkin. He sold junk bonds to people. They lost there hard money to this man. I wouldn't vote for him. He makes me sick. At least Mikulski cares about the Middle Class. I think Pipkin is just trying to sell us more Junk Bonds with those negative campaigns ads he has be running.
And what has Babs done for the past 18 years in the Senate? (I did it for Kerry, so here goes)

Proposed Legislation versus passed legislation

100th Legislature 17/0
101st Legislature 26/0
102nd Legislature 27/1
103rd Legislature 17/0
104th Legislature 11/0
105th Legislature 12/0
106th Legislature 10/0
107th Legislature 13/3
108th Legislature 22/1

TOTAL proposed 155
TOTAL Public Laws 5
Percent effective 3%

102nd – S1146 - A bill to establish a national advanced technician training program, utilizing the resources of the Nation's two-year associate-degree-granting colleges to expand the pool of skilled technicians in strategic advanced-technology fields, to increase the productivity of the Nation's industries, and to improve the competitiveness of the United States in international trade.

107th – S912 - A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to increase burial benefits for veterans. S1216 - An original bill making appropriations for the Departments of Veterans Affairs and Housing and Urban Development, and for sundry independent agencies, boards, commissions, corporations and offices for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2002. S2797 - An original bill making appropriations for the Departments of Veterans Affairs and Housing and Urban Development, and for sundry independent agencies, boards, commissions, corporations, and offices for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2003.

108th – S1233 - A bill to authorize assistance for the National Great Blacks in Wax Museum and Justice Learning Center.

Seems she is a little more active and effective than Kerry has been, but not much.

Gooseneck

Ken King said:
And what has Babs done for the past 18 years in the Senate? (I did it for Kerry, so here goes)
TOTAL proposed 155
TOTAL Public Laws 5
Percent effective 3%
Seems she is a little more active and effective than Kerry has been, but not much.

I suppose she is a bit old to be considered a rising star.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
UrbanPancake said:
I find it hard to take anything you say seriously since your ignorance seems evident by your lack of ability to use the English language. You use "there" for "they're", "their", and "there". Only one of those usages is correct. Your logic lacks as well; that is obvious to most here.

B

Bruzilla

Sounds like Babs has accomplished more than Kerry has. Maybe she should be running for Prez.