Great Mills Road has been torn to hell...

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Shakezula said:
...for way too long...

Why was it torn up and then just sitting there not being worked on for this long!?!?
To generate some revenue for the repair shops.

Shakezula

Insert Lame Innuendo Here
Ken King said:
To generate some revenue for the repair shops.

LOL well it definitely worked on me, because my muffler got ####ed when I was driving on there last month!!!! It was not fun (except maybe for the people driving behind me laughing).

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Yep, I went down there on Thursday and am now replacing my exhaust pipe that broke. But I fooled them, I'm doing the work myself.

dustin

UAIOE
I think in Florida, if your vehicle gets damaged due to road construction you can submit some kind of paperwork for the city to pay you back. But I think you have to get a police report too...

not sure if that would be applicable here in MD...

Shakezula

dustin said:
I think in Florida, if your vehicle gets damaged due to road construction you can submit some kind of paperwork for the city to pay you back. But I think you have to get a police report too...

not sure if that would be applicable here in MD...

Oh man, then MD would have gone bankrupt by now!

Speaking of crappy roads, I hear FDR Blvd FINALLY got "fixed"... with a bigass speed bump.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Shakezula said:

Speaking of crappy roads, I hear FDR Blvd FINALLY got "fixed"... with a bigass speed bump.

It's not that big. I sit close to the ground, so I have to go over it pretty slow, but in the truck I treat it like it's not even there.

sockgirl77

Shakezula said:

they classify FDR Blvd as a "private road" now so they don't have to completly repair it ever.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Shakezula said:

They did add speed bumps but the pot holes are still there:yay:

Midnightrider

dustin said:
I think in Florida, if your vehicle gets damaged due to road construction ......QUOTE]

the state isn't going to pay to fix your rusted out exhaust, it broke because it was worn out.
Now if you have front end damage from hitting a bumb or repair work in progrress, ie need an alingment, then you may have a claim.

dustin

UAIOE
Midnightrider said:
the state isn't going to pay to fix your rusted out exhaust, it broke because it was worn out.
Now if you have front end damage from hitting a bumb or repair work in progrress, ie need an alingment, then you may have a claim.

i agree. does anyone have info on obtaining a claim from the state concerning this?

Shakezula

RoseRed said:
There are three.

I don't use that road- but a coworker was the one who told me about it, and he said was driving on FDR and the speedbump was not painted and he did not see any signs warning for it, and he went over it at "normal" speed and he was piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed!!!!

Shakezula

sockgirl77 said:
they classify FDR Blvd as a "private road" now so they don't have to completly repair it ever.
I saw that- the sign said something like "Drive at your own risk" I think!!

Elle

Happy Camper!
Shakezula said:
I don't use that road- but a coworker was the one who told me about it, and he said was driving on FDR and the speedbump was not painted and he did not see any signs warning for it, and he went over it at "normal" speed and he was piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed!!!!
They are tall and very visible, I think maybe the difference between "normal" speed and the posted speed limit may be the real problem:wink:

Shakezula

Elle said:
They are tall and very visible, I think maybe the difference between "normal" speed and the posted speed limit may be the real problem:wink:

No doubt... "normal" is definitely a relative term!!