St. Mary's County Camera Club

S

smccc

St. Mary's County Camera Club Meeting on Nov 3rd.

Hi, folks. Anyone interested in photography, might want to stop by at our next meeting. We're having our first competition of the season, with the "normal" categories. These are described in detail, along with all the other rules for entering photo competitions at the club, in www.smccc.org/rules04-05.html.

Also, there's a monthly "homework" assignment. For this month it's "Halloween" of course!

The meeting is on Nov 3rd at the Patuxent River Naval Air Museum, just outside NAS Gate 1. Starts at 7PM, entries must be submitted by 7:15. Keep that in mind if you need to pay your membership before entering.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HollowSoul

smccc said:
Hi, folks. Anyone interested in photography, might want to stop by at our next meeting. We're having our first competition of the season, with the "normal" categories. These are described in detail, along with all the other rules for entering photo competitions at the club, in www.smccc.org/rules04-05.html.

Also, there's a monthly "homework" assignment. For this month it's "Halloween" of course!

The meeting is at the Patuxent River Naval Air Museum, just outside NAS Gate 1. Starts at 7PM, entries must be submitted by 7:15. Keep that in mind if you need to pay your membership before entering.

Hope to see you there!
is lissa hatcher gona be there with her "iccabod's nightmare" print?

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
smccc said:

The meeting is at the Patuxent River Naval Air Museum, just outside NAS Gate 1. Starts at 7PM, entries must be submitted by 7:15. Keep that in mind if you need to pay your membership before entering.

Hope to see you there!

Is the meeting tonight? :confused:

S

smccc

Oops!

I'm sorry folks, I left out the date!!! Minor detail, huh?

No it's not tonight, it's Wednesday November 3rd.

Lissa, our president, will likely be there, but I don't know if she'll have Icabod with her. She competed that last year - great shot! I was one of the judges that night. She has a nice website which I believe has that shot. I think we have a link to it in our website. Check the links page.

W

WhatNot

smccc said:

Hope to see you there!
Is there a fee to join?

H

HollowSoul

smccc said:
I'm sorry folks, I left out the date!!! Minor detail, huh?

No it's not tonight, it's Wednesday November 3rd.

Lissa, our president, will likely be there, but I don't know if she'll have Icabod with her. She competed that last year - great shot! I was one of the judges that night. She has a nice website which I believe has that shot. I think we have a link to it in our website. Check the links page.
lissa is a very good friend of mine along with her husband jeff and the kids. I modeled for her once...(man of few words).
It's amazing that she has only been shooting for around 3yrs, she has a phenominal eye and a creative mind that blows me away.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'm fairly interested in this and I'm seriously considering getting a new expensive zoom camera but the date is a no-can-do because of classes.:ohwell:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BuddyLee said:
I'm fairly interested in this and I'm seriously considering getting a new expensive zoom camera but the date is a no-can-do because of classes.:ohwell:
Same here.. got a NIKON FE that I bought in 1981.. trying to get the courage up fot he Nikon D70...

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
itsbob said:
BuddyLee said:
Same here.. got a NIKON FE that I bought in 1981.. trying to get the courage up fot he Nikon D70...
Actually I have an OLD Nikon F28- I LOVE this camera, but it needs fixed. The film advance lever on top is missing a plastic pin that went inside. I have been trying to find somewhere to get this thing fixed for about 6 years now. Any suggestions?

S

smccc

Membership fee; Camera Repair; Lissa

Yes, $15 per year for individuals, or $20 for a family. Membership is reduced by $5 after each competition, so after the 2nd comp it's only $5 ind $10 fam.

Camera repair services are non-existant in this county, as far as I've been able to tell. There's a full-service shop in DC called Strauss Photo-Technical Services Inc. Website http://www.iglobal.com/SPTS/.

Also, there's a guy in Waldorf who calls himself Paxy's Camera Repair. He's an old guy who really knows his stuff and stays current. He was unable to fix a Vivitar zoom lens because it needed a major part replaced and we had to send it back, but he knew what he was doing as I watched him dissasemble it. He's a whole lot cheaper than Strauss! His name is Robert Brettman, 5320 Doris Drive, Waldorf, (301)645-1748. If you don't want to drive to Waldorf, he comes down to Lex Park every week, so you could arrange to meet him. No website or email.

I've been remiss in getting those two into our links page, but I promise to do it right away!

Right about Lissa. She's a phenom!

Last edited by a moderator: