What's Going On In Charles Co?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just got this in my inbox:

"Today is Friday, October 11, 2002. All Charles County Public Schools have been placed on a heightened security alert. All afternoon field trips have been cancelled. As of 11:00 a.m., no decision has been made on afterschool activities. This information will be updated as changes occur. "

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde

"Today is Friday, October 11, 2002. All Charles County Public Schools have been placed on a heightened security alert. All afternoon field trips have been cancelled. As of 11:00 a.m., no decision has been made on afterschool activities. This information will be updated as changes occur. "

Think it might have to do with another shooting in Frederickburg just 20 to 30 minutes away?

J

justhangn

Sniper concerns would be my guess. St. Mary’s after school activities have been cancelled all week.

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by vraiblonde

When I dropped my daughter off at school this morning, they had big billboards outside letting parents/teachers know field trips were cancelled. I'm a bit worried...my daughter had a trip to the pumpkin patch next week to Cherry Hill. I wonder if they will be going?

J

justhangn

Re: Re: What's Going On In Charles Co?

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
my daughter had a trip to the pumpkin patch next week to Cherry Hill. I wonder if they will be going?

I hope so, we take our munchkins there every year.

SxyPrincess

Re: Re: Re: What's Going On In Charles Co?

Originally posted by justhangn

I hope so, we take our munchkins there every year.

I go there several times a year. Gotta love their applie pie ice cream. :yum: :yum: :yum:

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Re: Re: What's Going On In Charles Co?

I go there several times a year. Gotta love their applie pie ice cream. :yum: :yum: :yum:

Uh huh and the apple donuts. :cool:

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's Going On In Charles Co?

Stop it dammit! I've got enough drool over here. :biggrin:

:cheers: I'll drink to the lemon covered ones. :yum:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by watercolor23
More than likely that is the exact reason they are doing it. I just wish it would stop. UGH!

Are you saying that they are shooting people to scare people and you wish they would stop?

watercolor

yeah yeah
Omm no. I was saying that they were putting the school on lock down...for safety. I dont know why I have to clarify it. :confused:

and the "I wish they would stop" is just that. JUST STOP. All of it. (speaking of the guy who is doing this) I know it is not that easy but, I can atleast say it. Not that it will do a bit of good