John Kerry Timeline

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I don't know if anyone actually read this... but it goes into some detail about Kerry's military career and his wound that he received his 1st Purple Heart for.

December 1969 Kerry requests an early release from the Naval Reserve in order to run for the Fourth District congressional seat of Massachusetts on an antiwar platform.

January 1, 1970 Kerry was promoted to (full) Lieutenant, USNR.
January 3, 1970 Kerry requested and was granted a release from Active Duty and transfered to inactive duty in the U.S. Naval Reserve, with records forwarded to Reserve Manpower Center, Naval Training Center, Bainbridge, Maryland.

(Note: Paragraph 6 in the Release from Active Duty form states: "You are advised that your release from active duty does not terminate your status as a memeber of the U.S. Naval Reserve. ... While on inactive duty you are subject to involuntary recall to active duty to the extent authorized by federal statute. ...")

Other little tidbits..
February 10, 1968 Kerry requested duty in Vietnam, listing as his first preference a position as the commander of a Swift boat, designated the Patrol Crafts Fast (PCFs). The 50-foot boat have aluminum hulls and have little or no armor, but are heavily armed and rely on speed. Kerry thought he could avoid actual combat serving on the Swift boats as they originally operated offshore. (Kerry's second choice was a to be an officer in a patrol boat squadron, designated the Patrol Boat River [PBR] boats.)

December 2, 1968 Kerry experienced first intense combat, and is slightly wounded by shrapnel in the arm. He was awarded a Purple Heart.

There is, however, no after-action report released by the Kerry campaign. The attending physician, Louis Letson says “The story he told was different from what his crewmen had to say about that night. According to Kerry, they had been engaged in a firefight. . . Some of his crew confided that they did not receive any fire from shore, but that Kerry had fired a mortar round at close range to some rocks on shore. The crewman thought that the injury was caused by a fragment ricocheting from that mortar round when it struck the rocks. That seemed to fit the injury which I treated. What I saw was a small piece of metal sticking very superficially in the skin of Kerry's arm. The metal fragment measured about 1 cm. in length and was about 2 or 3 mm in diameter. . .I simply removed the piece of metal by lifting it out of the skin with forceps. I doubt that it penetrated more than 3 or 4 mm. It did not require probing to find it, did not require any anesthesia to remove it, and did not require any sutures to close the wound. The wound was covered with a band-aid.”

Kerry applied for a Purple Heart. His request was initially denied by his superior Grant Hibbard.

Aimhigh2000

But...........

Bush was only in the National Guard, if he even showed up. As a Vet, I will take Kerry's service record over Bush's anyday. I may not like or agree with either one, but Kerry's is more reliable.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Aimhigh2000 said:
Bush was only in the National Guard, if he even showed up. As a Vet, I will take Kerry's service record over Bush's anyday. I may not like or agree with either one, but Kerry's is more reliable.

Blind faith?? (since Kerry won't release his service record) How is Kerry's more reliable???

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Aimhigh2000 said:
:killingme What Kerry record, anyone out there see it yet?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Aimhigh2000 said:
:killingme
Isn't this a joke? It must be. You are kidding right?

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Boy, I'm glad only the left is spinning vile hate-mongering rhetoric this election. Get over it folks and move on.

Steve

Enjoying life!
jlabsher said:
Boy, I'm glad only the left is spinning vile hate-mongering rhetoric this election. Get over it folks and move on.

Where is the vile hate-mongering rhetoric in this thread? All I see is a conversation about Kerry's service record. Is it vile? Is it hateful? Most importantly, is it rhetorical? Seems pretty factual to me, since Sharon's information comes from Kerry's documented past. :whistle:

Otter

Nothing to see here
jlabsher said:

To be a proper condescending liberal, jlab, your posts should have some semblance of logic to the thread they are posted to. ywia

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
OK, when the left was bringing up an unnamed person's national guard record that was decried as spinning hate-mongering, n'est pas?

I need to try harder at being a condescending liberal, I suppose.

Steve

Enjoying life!
jlabsher said:
OK, when the left was bringing up an unnamed person's national guard record that was decried as spinning hate-mongering, n'est pas?

Can you find the thread? I don't remember reading that one...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Steve said:
Good find, or would have been had it not been so pro-Kerry. Sites like this are only useful if they non-partisan, or "fair and balanced". :patriot:
Didn't see his meeting with the enemy in Paris on that time line... Wonder how they missed that?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Steve said:
Good find, or would have been had it not been so pro-Kerry. Sites like this are only useful if they non-partisan, or "fair and balanced". :patriot:
Hey, I just lay it out there...it's up to the "informed" voter to make his/er own decision. :patriot:

Steve

Enjoying life!
Kyle said:
Didn't see his meeting with the enemy in Paris on that time line... Wonder how they missed that?

Exactly my point. It also missed Kerry's time spent refilming his "conquests" for future campaign promotion. But it didn't fail to include Bush apparently getting flown to the Nixon White House for a date with Nixon's daughter.

Mother Jones is not what I would call a non-partisan organization!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Chasey_Lane said:

February 28, 1969:
Kerry and his boat crew, coming under attack while patroling in the Mekong Delta, decide to counterattack. In the middle of the ensuing firefight, Kerry leaves his boat, pursues a Viet Cong fighter into a small hut, kills him, and retreives a rocket launcher. He is awarded a Silver Star.

THIS is the story I was talking about.. this sigle Viet Cong fired a rocket (RPG) at Kerry's boat, the boat returned fire and wounded said VC.. KERRY, against ALL Navy Doctrine and rules, LEFT his boat and his crew, and executed an unarmed (VC was armed with a launcer, he already fired the projectile), and wounded combatant.. KERRY is the ONLY person I know that admitted to a war crime in Vietnam. THIS is cold blooded murder... but if you're a democrat I guess murder is OK..

I guess what bothers me most, is not that someone would vote for him, but that they KNOW he is lying, there is no doubt in anyones mind that he is lying, and yet they continue to support him JUST because he is a democrat.

AND secondly.. that the press just chooses to ignore, and give selective news.. The press is dictating who our next president is going to be, and people are falling for it.

Aimhigh2000

Leftist Liberal?

I am by no means a leftist liberal. That pancake person is a leftist liberal. I am a happy moderate, even if I am a registered democrat. I was referring to Kerry's service record, not his senate record. From the information that has been posted about both, I believe Kerry's service over Bush. And Kerry has posted his service record on his website. At least it was there. I believe I have also said previously that I don't care much for either. I guess if some of you think I am a leftist liberal, you must be so far to the extreme right that your center is off. I simply want to see proof that Bush actually showed up for his guard duty. About the only ones I know I am voting for are Mukulski and Hoyer. Combat is Combat, and as a combat veteran myself, Kerry went to war, Bush didn't. Albeit Kerry went to avoid being drafted, but you have to acknowledge that he at least went.

ylexot

Super Genius
Aimhigh2000 said:
I am by no means a leftist liberal. That pancake person is a leftist liberal. I am a happy moderate, even if I am a registered democrat. I was referring to Kerry's service record, not his senate record. From the information that has been posted about both, I believe Kerry's service over Bush. And Kerry has posted his service record on his website. At least it was there. I believe I have also said previously that I don't care much for either. I guess if some of you think I am a leftist liberal, you must be so far to the extreme right that your center is off. I simply want to see proof that Bush actually showed up for his guard duty. About the only ones I know I am voting for are Mukulski and Hoyer. Combat is Combat, and as a combat veteran myself, Kerry went to war, Bush didn't. Albeit Kerry went to avoid being drafted, but you have to acknowledge that he at least went.
Silly me. Combat history is towards the bottom of my criteria for President.

Kerry has put documents related to his military service on his web site, but what people are talking about is the fact that Kerry refuses to sign the SF180 form that will release all of his service records.

Also, since military service is so important to you...who did you vote for in 1992/1996? George HW Bush/Bob Dole or Bill "draft dodger" Clinton?