Another One Bites the Dust

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=entertainmentnews&StoryID=1567548

I'm really sorry when celebrities do this - spout off their ignorant racist political views so that I have to boycott them. I used to really like Harry Belafonte but he needs to get a clue or shut the hell up. That's why I don't understand why anyone would be intimidated by a famous person - most of them are dumber than a box of rocks.

At some point celebrities are going to figure out that this is what happens when they spew - they lose loyal fans. Then they'll get some Democrat to propose legislation that you can't not buy someone's CDs or not see their movie based on their political views.

H

Heretic

What a putz.

I never understood the mentality that minorities cannot have individual opinions.

demsformd

I am so sick of hearing people say that minorities cannot have individual thoughts and that they merely buy into Democratic thought. What the hell are you whites and conservatives doing? Buying into typical Republican thought. Just because you adhere to the beliefs of one party or another does not mean that you do not have original thoughts. These people are thinking for themselves but they just don't say what you wanna hear.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dems, you either didn't read the article I posted or you're just so indoctrinated to the Democratic mindset that you're delirious.

Harry Belafonte said, "However ... speaking on behalf of so many African American citizens, I have found Colin Powell to be a tragic failure."

Who the hell elected HIM to speak for blacks? Anybody? Or, as I suspect, just himself? That's the problem I have with these people - they have some wacked out idea and they always have to say, "a lot of people feel that way", even if not one single other person does because it makes them feel like they're not such freaks.

What the hell is it with you racist Democrats that you think all black people are exactly the same and have exactly the same thoughts and feelings?

H

Heretic

Oh I see they can have their own opinions, they just can't express them or they get called an uncle Tom.

H

Heretic

Hmmmm Interesting find

Using his quote:

"My analogy to the plantation existence I say without regret, and maintain that the overwhelming majority of black people in this country agree that the impending war with Iraq is a colossal mistake," the entertainer said.

You could change just what the people agree with and it can become very racist, so I think its a racist statement to begin with......please dont take this example to heart its just an example...

"My analogy to the plantation existence I say without regret, and maintain that the overwhelming majority of black people in this country smoke crack," the entertainer said.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Like Harry Belafonte would know what the "overwhelming majority" of black people think anyway. :duh:

These people are so full of it. I'm sitting here right now listening to some idiot on TV say that the "overwhelming majority of Americans" have reservations about taking on Iraq. Well, son, you better check the polls - Gallup says that more than half of Americans support action against Iraq.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr021008.asp

They also tried to say that the "overwhelming majority of Americans "disapprove of military action in Afghanistan. Again, the Gallup poll says that's not true.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr021004.asp

Democrats are liars, plain and simple.

H

Heretic

Nearly everyone that I know has said how much they like Colon and how that he could be a viable canidate for President.