We are losing the war on terror

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Spoiled said:
"Al Qaeda recruitment has gone up in the past year rather than down."
-International Institute for Strategic Studies in London

http://spinwatch.server101.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14

If you disagree, what do you consider success?

They can recruit more. We can continue to hunt them all down and kill them. Its a war of attrition they can not win as long as we stay the course and do what needs to be done. Something your man Kerry will forget about in a few years... no matter his monday morning quarterback promises. He wants to look good and change continually to try and fit an image. He doesn't have the resolution to stick with one action and see it through.

BuddyLee

Football addict
It's excellent if we stay the course but they will continue to fight. If Bush, Kerry, or anyone really declares we stay one more year they will keep fighting for a year and a day. They will fight as long as there is a fight even if it lasts 100 years. The only way for us to win successfully is to kill or capture every last one and kill their motivating spirit. Good luck with that.

Spoiled

BuddyLee said:
It's excellent if we stay the course but they will continue to fight. If Bush, Kerry, or anyone really declares we stay one more year they will keep fighting for a year and a day. They will fight as long as there is a fight even if it lasts 100 years. The only way for us to win successfully is to kill or capture every last one and kill their motivating spirit. Good luck with that.
Which is why we can't say we are winning. We will never kill their motivating spirit unless there is a way to prove that God does not approve of what they are doing.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
BL, if we don't stay the course, they will kill us. It is that simple. This war has been going on since before the First Crusade. You are right, we may have to get to the point of just saying kill them all. That would be tragic from our prospective and contrary to our way of life. The problem is indiscriminate killing is not abhorrent to their way of life.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Spoiled said:
Which is why we can't say we are winning. We will never kill their motivating spirit unless there is a way to prove that God does not approve of what they are doing.
Whether we are winning or not is certainly debatable. We got rid of Sadaam and could possibly hold elections soon. I know we've put many terrorists to justice but its like the three headed dragon where you chop off one and two more heads pop out. IMO it's never ending and it all comes down to their belief system.

Spoiled

2ndAmendment said:
BL, if we don't stay the course, they will kill us. It is that simple. This war has been going on since before the First Crusade. You are right, we may have to get to the point of just saying kill them all. That would be tragic from our prospective and contrary to our way of life. The problem is indiscriminate killing is not abhorrent to their way of life.

"We stood our ground waiting for the fight to begin. My eyes squinted at the sun, wondering if they'd swing or run. I tell no lie: jackknives in socks, they're all gonna die. Tensions rise. Pre-pubes swarm the hill like flies. Get the caskets ready, we're going to tear right through this city. That's if the anger don't, that's if the boredom don't, the drinking don't intercept this north-end horde. Who am I? Fighting a war that I can't win. Swelling with things we try to hide. You never leave anyone behind. A harsh return that slaps you in the face. For one last chance, we leave this place. We're all packing up and moving on. I've got a war in the head. Fear our lives won't pass as great events. A better prospect hides up ahead. Do you feel it in the air? We've been crushed beyond oblivion. Farce and death walk hand in hand. Graves and memorial walls hold my family name. Pills and bottles do the same. I hope that freedom's coming our way. The fight never happened. The crowd petered out. We all dribbled home. Mission accomplished." -Propagandhi

BuddyLee

Football addict
2ndAmendment said:
The thing that ticked me off yesterday was Osama's speech. It was all about how we should be according to him and his belief. Basically he said if you don't do as I say you will suffer the effects of another 9/11.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
BuddyLee said:
Whether we are winning or not is certainly debatable. We got rid of Sadaam and could possibly hold elections soon. I know we've put many terrorists to justice but its like the three headed dragon where you chop off one and two more heads pop out. IMO it's never ending and it all comes down to their belief system.

It ends one way or the other. Its a war of attrition. Our attrition is public opinion built on a commercial break memory and a liberalized media (Just MHO). Their attrition is bodies. They lose far more people now for every attack than we do (not just their extremists but they are killing their own fellow citizens). They are trying to reinvigorate themselves. Think of this... Bin Laden has never chimed in any opinion on it all going away or making a peace. He hates America. Why do you think they are doing any killing they can in Iraq (the vast majority of it being their fellow Arabs)? They are trying to sway opinion because they know if Bush wins they are screwed. In fact, their own insurgency leaders said as much recently. :lmao:

Spoiled

BuddyLee said:
The thing that ticked me off yesterday was Osama's speech. It was all about how we should be according to him and his belief. Basically he said if you don't do as I say you will suffer the effects of another 9/11.
Not to be unpatriotic or anything, but we are kind of doing the same to them. In our eyes their way of life is very wrong, and the same goes for us in their eyes. They view us as living in a horrible society and we are threatening them (in a way we are, with our secular society and beliefs).

BuddyLee

Football addict
Spoiled said:
Not to be unpatriotic or anything, but we are kind of doing the same to them. In our eyes their way of life is very wrong, and the same goes for us in their eyes. They view us as living in a horrible society and we are threatening them (in a way we are, with our secular society and beliefs).
I totally agree with you in this aspect. I feel as if we are an imperialistic nation that is too spread out in the world. However, Osama and his followers did attack us on 9/11 and justice has yet to be served fully.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Spoiled said:

This war has never been about us thinking the Arab peoples life is wrong and we are going there to fix it. Stop drinking the party kool-aid and recall some history.

Spoiled

FromTexas said:
This war has never been about us thinking the Arab peoples life is wrong and we are going there to fix it. Stop drinking the party kool-aid and recall some history.
You dont feel its wrong to force women to dress in bee keeper suits, not go out into public and not have real jobs? I was under the impression most Americans thought that was wrong.

edit: We are giving them freedom, liberating them, etc...

Last edited:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Spoiled said:
You dont feel its wrong to force women to dress in bee keeper suits, not go out into public and not have real jobs? I was under the impression most Americans thought that was wrong.

edit: We are giving them freedom, liberating them, etc...

We feel that way. That is not what the war is about though. Don't confuse peoples feelings for how a culture is repressed with the reasons for war.

Hey, I don't hate you either. I think one day you will grow up and really start to make sense of all that information hitting your brain. It takes time to digest what you learn playing lap dog to undergraduate professors and put it into a real world perspective instead of textbook ideology.

BuddyLee

Football addict
FromTexas said:
We feel that way. That is not what the war is about though. Don't confuse peoples feelings for how a culture is repressed with the reasons for war.

Hey, I don't hate you either. I think one day you will grow up and really start to make sense of all that information hitting your brain. It takes time to digest what you learn playing lap dog to undergraduate professors and put it into a real world perspective instead of textbook ideology.
For Americans I think there is more of a sense of 'revenge' in why we are in the war. For the opposition I think it is all about them feeling backed into a corner in their own culture with our imposing culture.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Spoiled said:
In our eyes their way of life is very wrong, and the same goes for us in their eyes. They view us as living in a horrible society and we are threatening them (in a way we are, with our secular society and beliefs).
Then why didn't we attack them prior to 9-11? Or did you forget about that?

We don't give a rat's ass about their "way of life" - we see so many diverse people here in our own country that we're used to all kinds of crazy things. THEY, on the other hand, have a real problem with us. Our freedoms offend them. Our women offend them. Our gays offend them. Our justice system offends them. Our wealth and excess offends them. And their religion tells them to kill us because of it.

Do you want to convert to Islam so you don't offend the Taliban? Me either. You stick up for these people like they have a point. They don't. They're still living with this prehistoric mentality where you kill anyone that's different from you. We don't do that here and we won't tolerate them doing it to us.

What part of this is so hard for you to understand?

Liberals get so worked up about Christianity and how oppressive it is, yet they go out of their way to praise and champion these nutty Islamo-fascists. The whole thing is just crazy.

C

czygvtwkr

To win the war on terror we have to quit being so nice. I hate to say this but we have to slaughter them and burry their bodies with the corpse of a hog so they cannot go to paradise when they are dead. Human life means nothing to them theirs or ours.

Their leaders are to blame, they preach how the west is evil because its the only way they can maintain such a hold on them. This keeps them in control of their population while in the mean time makes them hate us. Their leaders 100's of years ago taught that you must kill all infidels whether they are Christian, Jew, Hindu or other.

Notice Islam can not get along with ANY other religious group in the world.

Spoiled

vraiblonde said:
Then why didn't we attack them prior to 9-11? Or did you forget about that?

We don't give a rat's ass about their "way of life" - we see so many diverse people here in our own country that we're used to all kinds of crazy things. THEY, on the other hand, have a real problem with us. Our freedoms offend them. Our women offend them. Our gays offend them. Our justice system offends them. Our wealth and excess offends them. And their religion tells them to kill us because of it.

Do you want to convert to Islam so you don't offend the Taliban? Me either. You stick up for these people like they have a point. They don't. They're still living with this prehistoric mentality where you kill anyone that's different from you. We don't do that here and we won't tolerate them doing it to us.

What part of this is so hard for you to understand?

Liberals get so worked up about Christianity and how oppressive it is, yet they go out of their way to praise and champion these nutty Islamo-fascists. The whole thing is just crazy.
Again, you think its right they force their women to wear the bee keeper suits? You think its right that they feel offended by us?

That may not be why we invaded their nation, but it cetainly has turned into one of the justifications of the war...

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
BuddyLee said:
For Americans I think there is more of a sense of 'revenge' in why we are in the war. For the opposition I think it is all about them feeling backed into a corner in their own culture with our imposing culture.

Backed into a corner with our imposing culture? Would you like to explain how they are backed into a corner by our culture? TIA.

Put this in historical perspective please and not just what has been going on in the past 2 years.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Spoiled said:
Again, you think its right they force their women to wear the bee keeper suits? You think its right that they feel offended by us?

That may not be why we invaded their nation, but it cetainly has turned into one of the justifications of the war...

No, terrorism has turned into a justification for giving them democracy and freedom from theocratic ideals IF THEY WANT IT. However, we allow for the fact they may vote in a religious based government. Did you miss how Bush said its not what we prefer, but that is the power of democracy.

If we give them the choice, they can make those choices for themselves. The point is they did not have that choice before. Giving them a choice allows them to choose a path where all people in their country have a voice in the direction it takes and does not leave them oppressed with little to go on other than the hope blowing themselves up somewhere is the only way they will be free (in the afterlife).