I need some hay (lespedeza, alfalfa, or timothy)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I only need a teaspoon for a science experiment. Where can I get it? OR - If any of you gals could send me some in a small envelope PM me and I'll give you my address. TIA :smile:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
If you don't get any from the "horsey" people, you can get alfalfa at Walmart in the pets section where the gerbil/guinea pig food is.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Catt & Jay

Thanks, I guess I'll have to go to Wally World.

Originally posted by jaybeeztoo
By the way, what is the experiment?
I need different nutrients to feed protozoan cultures. We are using chopped hay, polished rice, egg yolk, and rich garden soil. Then when they are ready my sons will attempt to identify them under the microscope into catagories and make sketches of what they observed.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jaybeeztoo
That is funny, second time today I have heard Walmart referred to as "Wally World"...never heard that before. Always thought it was a reference to a Vacation movie :lol:
It's from some Chevy Chase vacation movie, it just kinda stuck with me ever since.

BTW - I love your new av. :wink:

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
I have timothy!

Sharon just stop by and pick some up! Anytime! If I'm not home, just go down to the barn and grab some...

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Yeah, Sharon, what she meant to say was grab some timothy and two puppies..any two..but do take TWO!:biggrin:

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Okay Cat, why do you have to stay late at work if the only thing you're doing is goofing around on the computer making humorous remarks?? :) BTW, I think YOU could use 2 puppies – couldn't ya??

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
HAY back!! Thought the GRASS was greener on this thread? Are you glaring BALEfully at your computer? MOWning about life?? :biggrin:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by Sierra39
HAY back!! Thought the GRASS was greener on this thread? Are you glaring BALEfully at your computer? MOWning about life?? :biggrin:

Just sowin' my wild oats!
I guess it was MARE than I could take over on the other threads.
I'm no FOAL..ya know.
I mean, I BARLEY know what I'm doing these days!
I mean, I CANT-ER I can!
Oops...gotta go...I'm not feeling well; I'm HORSE and I have the TROTS...
:blushing:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
*John walks in the door after work*

John: Hi sweetie, what'd ya do today?
Me: Oh the usual, btw, I got some hay from Sierra's today.

John: Ya did, how's she doing?
Me: Great...ya know she found a home for those two puppies.
John: Cool!

*John walks into the living room and see 3 dogs lying on all the couches-- has a heart attack while yelling his head off and keels over onto the floor*

*The dogs immediately go to his rescue and lick his face thereby reviving him to full health*

Me: Look dear they just saved your life!!!
John: (groggily) Huh?
Me: Can we keep them?

YEAH, THAT JUST MIGHT WORK! :roflmao:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by Sierra39
Okay Cat, why do you have to stay late at work if the only thing you're doing is goofing around on the computer making humorous remarks?? :) BTW, I think YOU could use 2 puppies – couldn't ya??

I have two puppies but I really need perkier puppies..the ones I have are old.:biggrin:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
:blushing: why thank you.

Now, what do you want?

And Sharon, great plan. Let me know if it works. Course on the other hand, if they don't bring John back...you can keep 'em anyway, right?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
YES PUPPIES

Jay: Sierra does have three puppies. Two are siblings, part pitt, and really nice dogs, I think they're about 6 months old, crate trained, housebroken. She also has a shep/rottie (??) mix that's about 5 months or so. Also crate trained/housebroken. They are really nice fellows.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: YES PUPPIES

Originally posted by cattitude
Two are siblings
Hey! Those are my dogs...I'm still working on John. :wink:

Jay take both of them, they are so cute together.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Thanks Appy but I ended up getting some at Wally World last week. We looked at the cultures this morning and the best stuff came from the timothy jar. :yay: