Honda Dealerships

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Ok guys which Honda dealership is the best? I hate Ken Dixon and won't go there. Anyone had any luck with any others?

blueeyes76

I bought my Civic from Ken Dixon, I didn't have any problems with the sales department, but the service department sucks. I don't know of any other Honda dealers in the area, sorry!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I have an Accord now that I bought a year ago. It's a 98, the idiots at Ken Dixon were trying to sell me an identical car with double the miles for $4000 more then I paid. The sales guy had the nerve to tell me I had chapange taste on a beer budget. :burning: Needless to say I got what I wanted for what I wanted to pay for it. :bubble:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You need to swing by and wave to him when you get the chance.

Tell 'em "see... You screwed yourself out of a commision" :lol:

I know at least three folks that bought from Ken Dixon... Never a positive experience.

blueeyes76

Damn Pixie! I would have walked out at that point. A salesperson at an Eagle dealership said that to me and I didn't say a word, just turned around and walked out the door. He came running after me trying to get me to come back in, but I refused.

I probably just got lucky w/Ken Dixon because a good friend of my Mom's is really good friends with one of the manager's there, so he made a phone call. Good ole boy network.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Funny thing is he'd call me every week and tell me he had something for me. I go up there and it was always crap. Once he called me up there for a stinking Grand Am. Um hello, what part of Honda Accod didn't you understand. The day I got my car I wasn't home for five minutes when he called. I told him what I got and what I paid for it. He was disturbed and tried to play 20 questions with me; where'd you get it, who sold it to you, does it have a warranty. I told him have a nice day and hung up.

E

ez_one20690

pixiegirl,

a real good frien of mine is the GM at KEN DIXON. If you would like me to, I will call him and have hime call you. I work at LEONARDTOWN FORD and my son plays travel hockey with his son.

I would like you to buy from here, But if an accord is what you want, I would like you to talk directly with Dan.

Thanks
Steve

SxyPrincess

Pixie,

DO NOT purchase a vehicle from Ken Dixon. They tried to rip me off big time, several times. I bought my Honda from Fairfax and couldn't have been more pleased with the sales and service teams.

I would also reccomend Rosenthal in Tyson's Corner. I'm familar with several people (including my friend from Legends) and could probably help you out. :wink: I hear Herson's and McDonnel are both reputable.

I think the best thing to do is research the msrp and tmv (true market value) of the new Accords. I saw a blue one today and it looked S-W-E-E-T!!! I'll even go with ya to give em a hard time. :biggrin:

ltowngrrl

Fairfax Honda--excellent!

I bought my Accord from Fairfax. Their GM is the guy to talk to. Walk right in and ask for him. He's great, so are the rest of 'em. Excellent service, too, if you opt to take it there. If you ever have a problem with the car (and I did), they'll take care of you.

B

Bruce

I bought my Civic from Hersons and was VERY pleased. No games, paid invoice, took 45 minutes, no surprises. Ken Dixon on the other hand, well lets just say I have been lied to, insulted, ignored, etc, there repeatedly and now I wouldn't by a car from them for free.

I had a deal going at Dixons on the Civic, I wanted a specific color and they didn't have on in stock. When the car came in the price went up. That was bull - - - .

I went and got a price from Hersons figuring that I could take that price back to Ken Dixons and Dixons "We won't be undersold" policy would assure me a fair deal. I was told by the Honda manager, in effect, 'well we don't compete with Hersons, they sell too cheap'. What a crock ! I have attempted to buy cars from them on at least 3 other occasions and have ALWAYS had similar experiences.

Other details on request.

Bruce

tater

originally posted by Pixiegirl:
You guys aren't helping fast enough. I've got a real hard-on for the new Accord!!!!

There are a lot of Ken Dixon nuts out there, but I wouldn't deal with them either. They are complete jack a's. I can't tell you where to go, but I can tell you about this awesome website I found when I was looking to buy my truck. It is www.carbuyingtips.com. It will save you some intimidation and lots of money if you have the patience to read through it. There is s-loads of good info there. Happy car shoppin' and I hope you can find a dealership that will be happy to polish off your hard-on for ya. :razz:

Last edited:
H

Heretic

I too was put off by Ken Dixon two years ago. The salesman kept trying to talk down to me about my knowledge of cars (9 year member of Society of Automotive Engineers, MS Mechanical Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering and while in school I attended countless workshops at GM's tech center in Warren MI, and Fords in Dearborn MI). Then they only offered me $200 for my trade in, I realize it wasnt the best looking car but was in fine mechanical condition so I went a bought a Toyota from Bayside in Prince Frederick and got $1000 for my trade in.

On a side note if your buying a Chevrolet or Toyota or looking for a good used car Bayside has been great to me and they gave me a good price right away, no haggling or anything ($3500 understicker value and $500 new college graduate discount).

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by Heretic
On a side note if your buying a Chevrolet or Toyota or looking for a good used car Bayside has been great to me and they gave me a good price right away, no haggling or anything ($3500 understicker value and $500 new college graduate discount).

I wonder what they'll give me a Tahoe for? :biggrin:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by pixiegirl
You guys aren't helping fast enough. I've got a real hard-on for the new Accord!!!!

Off-topic, but is there something about your anatomy that you're not telling us? :shocked: :lol: