Sheds

B

baswm

I am looking into getting a shed. I am looking at 12 X 20 or 24 X 30. Something in that neighborhood. I have seen some of the Amish build sheds and seen some metal sheds by US steel. I am wondering who has the best price and good quality for a shed. I toy with the idea of building it myself but with my work schedule, I really do not have the time and want to get a shed to use now.

The Amish buildings are excellent quality, and as soon as they drop it in place, you can use it. With the steel buildings, you have to have a slab and foundation first, then YOU have to assemble the buildings side/roof, then YOU have to BUILD from scratch the end walls. If I remember right, you can get the endwall kit from U.S. Buildings too. 24x30 will have to be brought in in sections and assembled, but either way, the Amish will be faster. Down the road if you want to add on or modify the structure in any way, it will be easier with Amish than steel. Repairs to Amish will be easier than steel too.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
We ordered a shed from everything amish in hughesville. It is awesome and everything we expected. excellent quality and ready when promised. Delivered set up and in use the same day!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Just two weeks ago I had my new Amish-built 12 x 20 shed delivered. It is sooooo beautiful. I have lots of room for my yard toys, and now I can finally clear out my garage. I have a "cottage" style, and that allows me to have shelves all the way up the sides of the shed. The "barn" style has the slanted roofline which significantly cuts into your vertical storage space. I ordered it from the place in Hughesville (Alan's Outlet - check out their web site), and it took about eight weeks for it to come from the builder in PA. It was on the pricey side, but it is constructed very soundly.

Nupe2

There's also an Amish builder on Rte 6 in Charlotte Hall (a little over a quarter of a mile west of the Library on the left). Mr. Hertzler builds high quality barns/sheds and may be slightly less than the folks in Hughesville or elsewhere (no middle man). They're a little slow so you might not get what you want until February. If you can wait, the quality makes the wait worthwhile. Good Luck.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I just ordered from Amish Builders, on Route 235 in Lex Park, just north of the Wawa at Peggs Road. I ordered all vinyl, because I HATE painting! They were considerably cheaper than Alans Outlet (by about $1000 for my model!) I also felt like the quality of materials and construction was slightly higher from these guys vs. the other local sellers.

Unfortunately, their sales lot on 235 isn't staffed, so you have to go by there and pick up the forms/brochures, and then call and fax to their Huntingtown office/lot. 410-414-4950 I actually caught the owner on the lot last Saturday but he hasn't found an employee to work the lot for him. Just noticed that you're in Calvert County anyway, so Huntingtown might be closer to you..???

PS. 12x20 is only about $115 cheaper than a 12x22, making the extra 24 sq ft pretty cheap! Guess you know which one I ordered!?!

Last edited:
B

baswm

I checked out the ones at Mattasons Sonoco. Will stop by Huntingtown site on the way home and get a price sheet. The extra 24 Sqft is a no brainer. :cheers:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I don't think Amish Builders is open on Mondays. Good luck though! I can't wait to receive my building and free up some garage space.

B

baswm

I would like to have a better place to store the kids go kart and all my 66 impala body parts in. The shed is definately on my wish list.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Mine's for the Deere, outdoor tools, power washer, snow blower, etc. Not to mention I'd like to get gasoline, paints, all that good stuff that you use around the house and yard out of the house. With all that junk, I only have enough room remaining for my toy car.

I'm hoping this will make enough room in the garage for my regular daily-driver car, especially since the convertible won't see much more than 45 minute weekly hot-run's to keep everything in working order. And, probably won't leave the garage much once the salt hits the roads.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Oz said:
I just ordered from Amish Builders, on Route 235 in Lex Park, just north of the Wawa at Peggs Road. I ordered all vinyl, because I HATE painting! They were considerably cheaper than Alans Outlet (by about $1000 for my model!) I also felt like the quality of materials and construction was slightly higher from these guys vs. the other local sellers.

Unfortunately, their sales lot on 235 isn't staffed, so you have to go by there and pick up the forms/brochures, and then call and fax to their Huntingtown office/lot. 410-414-4950 I actually caught the owner on the lot last Saturday but he hasn't found an employee to work the lot for him. Just noticed that you're in Calvert County anyway, so Huntingtown might be closer to you..???

PS. 12x20 is only about $115 cheaper than a 12x22, making the extra 24 sq ft pretty cheap! Guess you know which one I ordered!?!

As an update, my shed was delivered Saturday. I immediately swept it out and painted the floor, with a second coat on Sunday. I have a full week, but by next Sunday, I'll be ready to start unloading the garage and rearranging stuff. Can't wait! :cheers:

S

scupper trout

It's not the red one that flipped over about 100 feet after leaving the Tiki Bar last summer is it? :whistle:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
scupper trout said:
It's not the red one that flipped over about 100 feet after leaving the Tiki Bar last summer is it? :whistle:

No way! That was a sad sight. :ohwell: