Loosing Weight in St Mary's

H

Heretic

Hey all, just wanted to say that as Im getting older (28) and the metabolism is slowing down I have been putting on weight steadily since highschool. I lost about 20 lbs for a time and felt great, but I find it hard to keep up the proper lifestyle. I am 6'4" and 280lbs and am basically a "bored eater" I love food but Im really not hungry unless I'm bored so at home in the evenings I find myself searching the cupboards for something to eat when I really dont need it. Does anyone have any suggestions, I started lifting weights a while back but all that seems to do is give me muscles under my fat, It makes me feel really good though.

K

Katie

I go to weight watchers and the gym. I have gotten some yummy recipes from weight watchers to cook. Today I am making Salsa Chicken in the slow cooker.

bbubblyb

When I read your topic I was hoping to find a place for myself in the replies you got. I am a large woman looking to find some kind of group (with larger people in it) that get together for walks or other exercise activities in the Lexington Park area. Just looking to find a few walking partners. sigh.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by bbubblyb
When I read your topic I was hoping to find a place for myself in the replies you got. I am a large woman looking to find some kind of group (with larger people in it) that get together for walks or other exercise activities in the Lexington Park area. Just looking to find a few walking partners. sigh.

I think that would be a great idea, but I have no idea how it would work. But if it could be worked out, I'd try it.

G

giggles04

Originally posted by Frank

I think that would be a great idea, but I have no idea how it would work. But if it could be worked out, I'd try it.

I'd try it too!

watercolor

yeah yeah
I am actually starting WW tonite. :smile: My mom has lost 20 pounds so far. :biggrin: And since I want to loose some before the wedding, I figured heck why not.:bubble:

bbubblyb

Thanks for the replies Frank, Giggles, and Watercolor. I thought I would try to look something up on the web and see if there was anything. I came across "take a hike through southern maryland" http://somdthisisliving.somd.com/vol4num2/hike.html
maybe we could set something up to take a hike through one of the trails at one of the local parks one Saturday or Sunday. What does everyone think? Then if we like it we could try to set other meetings up. My true goal would be to walk about 3 miles, 3 times a week. I think at the point I am now I am looking at about a mile if I'm lucky hehehe. Like I said I'm a large woman with a lot to lose. But it sure can't hurt to be honest and try and find some others that would be interested. I'm south of pax naval base. I figure worse that could happen is I try to set something up and I end up walking by myself *smile*.

So when is the wedding Watercolor? Is it your wedding?

watercolor

yeah yeah
Well bubbly...yes, it is my wedding. and I have more than a sufficent amount of time....its in september. :smile: (yay! Dont have to say next september anymore)

Anyway, that would be fun. I LOVE hiking!! But I cant do it on a Saturday. I work unfortunaly.

But that is fine. I would like a walking buddy! *smile*

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by bbubblyb
Thanks for the replies Frank, Giggles, and Watercolor. I thought I would try to look something up on the web and see if there was anything. I came across "take a hike through southern maryland" http://somdthisisliving.somd.com/vol4num2/hike.html
maybe we could set something up to take a hike through one of the trails at one of the local parks one Saturday or Sunday. What does everyone think? Then if we like it we could try to set other meetings up. My true goal would be to walk about 3 miles, 3 times a week. I think at the point I am now I am looking at about a mile if I'm lucky hehehe. Like I said I'm a large woman with a lot to lose. But it sure can't hurt to be honest and try and find some others that would be interested. I'm south of pax naval base. I figure worse that could happen is I try to set something up and I end up walking by myself *smile*.

So when is the wedding Watercolor? Is it your wedding?

Welcome!
You seem so nice; we're glad to have you here!!!

What are you wearing?

bbubblyb

Well congratulations Watercolor I'm sure your very excited. I will have to work out a schedule but will get back to you soon with our first walking date.

Thanks for the nice welcome Bknarw.

Yes you are right Darlene water water water is a big key but like you I'm not much on drinking a lot of it either. Hate running to the bathroom a million times a day.

Hope everyone is having a great day today.

Erin

Weight Watchers

Hello. I just wanted to add that you could get a lot of the information that is beneficial from Weight Watchers through this website: www.dwlz.com.
This chick, Dottie started it and there has even been talk of sueing her because she is giving away essentially the WW plan. It's got good recipes and gives you good guidelines, plus save you money. It would be easy to do the program without the interaction of people if you have the focus. Good luck!

bbubblyb

Thanks Erin I will take a look. Also, for anyone interested I found a website www.calorieking.com which is very similar to ediets but doesn't cost anything. It also has a wonderful food database from local restaurants, name brand foods and electronic food diary to keep track of all the food you eat with fat/calorie/etc info.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Well I went to WW last night, and from June, I lost 12 pounds did not even know how I did it. ROCK ON!. But it looks like it will be pretty easy. So far today, I have sucked I think. But I will be good to go tomorrow. YAY!

dolphin

I struggle with weight loss too.. I have membership to the gym but don't always make it there. I have been trying to find a buddy to go with me or even walk with me in the evenings I live in wildewood and right now I walk by myself. If you live in wildewood and are interested email at bjbngal@yahoo.com.

K

Katie

To be a man..men loose weight so much easier then we women do. Makes me want to barf up a lung.

:barf: :barf: :barf:

jungleroom_x

i was overweight for quite a while. being 5'10" and 250 pounds is not exactly healthy, and up until i was 20 (i'm now 22) thats how i was.

i'm now down to an (ALMOST) slim 178, just 10-15 more pounds to go and i think i'll be all there.

i just did it this way...eat all your meals, not excessively tho (not so you're uncomfortably stuffed, just full), maybe 2 snacks a day (a sub doesn't count as a snack), and maybe some exercise here and there...just go for a nice walk, etc. some days skip lunch and just have a bag of trail mix.

no starvation. when i'm really hungry i eat. just don't over do it.

quick fixes :

drink liquor instead of beer...less fat.
stop drinking soda
stay away from fast food

doing those things right there got me to lose 30 pounds right off the bat.

good luck to ya!:biggrin: