Time to find a new tool company

Sears buying Kmart and changing to "Sears Holdings".

I don't shop at Kmart because of Rosie and the stupid carp that Kmart did in regards to firearms. Now I gotta find a new tool brand, unless Sears keeps seperate from Kmart.

"Sears and Kmart, troubled in recent years by declining sales and dwindling market share, announced a merger today that will create the nation's third largest retailer.

The company will combine by March under the name of Sears Holding Corporation, according to a joint press release."

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
The Kmart in Laurel Glen always looks deserted. I don't think I've ever seen more than 10 customers in there since the Wal-Mart opened 10 years ago. Nationally and locally, Kmart has been squished by Target on the top end and Wal-Mart on the bottom end. Except for its celebrity lines like Martha Stewart, Kmart has no real identity anymore.

And I had forgotten that Sears was in trouble, too. But I'm not surprised. Their appliances are always more expensive than at Lowes and Home Depot. And I suspect that Hecht's and Nordstrom are whipping them in the clothing market. The only reason I go to Sears is for Craftsman tools.

Tonio said:
And I had forgotten that Sears was in trouble, too. But I'm not surprised. Their appliances are always more expensive than at Lowes and Home Depot. And I suspect that Hecht's and Nordstrom are whipping them in the clothing market. The only reason I go to Sears is for Craftsman tools.
:yeahthat:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Plus, their audio and video equipment are more expensive than Circuit City and Best Buy. Maybe it's hard for a store like Sears to be "all things to all people" without becoming a discounter like Target or Wal-Mart.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
They stated on the news this morning that they will remain their own stores...just a new parent corporation that owns both.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Voter2002 said:
They stated on the news this morning that they will remain their own stores...just a new parent corporation that owns both.
That won't last long. JMHO

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
2ndAmendment said:
That won't last long. JMHO

Hey, maybe they'll put the Martha Stewart Collection next to the Craftsmen. Or even better, a Martha Stewart line of wrenches? chainsaws? :shrug:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Dymphna said:

Hey, maybe they'll put the Martha Stewart Collection next to the Craftsmen. Or even better, a Martha Stewart line of wrenches? chainsaws? :shrug:
Hacksaws :killingme

Dymphna said:

Vrai, we need a :pimpsmack: smilie so I can direct it at the wife for this post.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Dymphna said:

The GF has been looking for a woman's toolset. She found some online that come with pink handles. :yay: :lmao:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
But I am really rather fond of my current tool company and don't want to look for a new one :bawl:

HORUS

Better than YOU.
migtig said:
But I am really rather fond of my current tool company and don't want to look for a new one :bawl:

You shouldn't have to get any new tools... Just change the batteries more often. :lmao: