A perfect candidate for the death penalty

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
A Pennsylvania man is charged with shooting the pregnant wife of a soldier in Iraq, just because -- he wanted to kill somebody.

Police said Noel Gomez, 19, shot the woman late Sunday night.

Julia Cook, 21, of New York, remains hospitalized at a hospital in York. She is listed in serious condition after being shot in the head with a shotgun.

Cook's husband is currently serving in Iraq.

Gomez said he didn't know the victim, but was just was looking for someone to kill, according to court papers.

When he saw Cook, who is six months pregnant, walking to her car in the parking lot of a Giant supermarket in West Manchester Township, Gomez allegedly opened fire with a shotgun.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/3923818/detail.html

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:ohwell: But you know he'll just get a little spanky spanky and that will be the end of it.

While you liberals are puzzling over anti-Americanism, also please be thinking about what the purpose is of keeping people like this dirtbag alive. I'd like you to explain THAT to me, too.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Dymphna said:
No, the really sad thing is the death penalty isn't even an option unless she dies.
The death penalty won't be an option, period. The impulsive behavior of killing someone just to kill them displays a mental defect, and any attorney short of a public defender could milk that for all it's worth, and he'll spend his days in a nice little mental hospital or some such.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Bad thing is if the husband does something, he'll be the one to go to jail.....The bastard that shot her should be hung....This country needs a good old fashion hanging at least once a month...(A PUBLIC hanging) Maybe some of this stuff will stop if people saw what would happen to them if they try this crazy stuff....Too many "do gooders" in this country for that to happen....That would be cruel and unusual punishment....

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
sleuth said:
Well, maybe hubby could kill the bastage and plead insanity and get off... :shrug:
I'm not condoning it Sleuth, I'm being realistic. That is probably how it will pan out. It sucks, but that's the way the system works. Criminals have too many rights, and there are too many loopholes.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Dupontster said:
Bad thing is if the husband does something, he'll be the one to go to jail.....The bastard that shot her should be hung....This country needs a good old fashion hanging at least once a month...(A PUBLIC hanging) Maybe some of this stuff will stop if people saw what would happen to them if they try this crazy stuff....Too many "do gooders" in this country for that to happen....That would be cruel and unusual punishment....
I kinda like this approach............we've gotten way to PC, too humanistic, I'll call it.

Heck, the prison watchers - the ACLU - say it's cruel and inhuman to make cons work a chain gang anymore. Look, they get cable TV, computers(like the ones we're using right now), they can spend hours in the library, get time out in the yard for recreation and meet with their buds, they get 3 meals a day, letters from home or lovers;

WHERE'S THE DETERENT TO KEEP THEM OUT!?!?

No, a good old-fashioned hanging or firing squad execution might shake up some of these would-be creeps.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Sharon said:
A Pennsylvania man is charged with shooting the pregnant wife of a soldier in Iraq, just because -- he wanted to kill somebody.

Police said Noel Gomez, 19, shot the woman late Sunday night.

Julia Cook, 21, of New York, remains hospitalized at a hospital in York. She is listed in serious condition after being shot in the head with a shotgun.

Cook's husband is currently serving in Iraq.

Gomez said he didn't know the victim, but was just was looking for someone to kill, according to court papers.

When he saw Cook, who is six months pregnant, walking to her car in the parking lot of a Giant supermarket in West Manchester Township, Gomez allegedly opened fire with a shotgun.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/3923818/detail.html
He'll be found mentally deficient, will never step foot in a jail, and will be back on the streets when some quack of a doctor says he's no longer a danger to humanity in 18 months. .. now if she was armed, and could have shot him and taken him out of our misery.. THAT would have been good!!

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
I'm not condoning it Sleuth, I'm being realistic. That is probably how it will pan out. It sucks, but that's the way the system works. Criminals have too many rights, and there are too many loopholes.
Brings real meaning to the joke:

What do you call 10000 lawyers at the bottom of Lake Erie?
A good start.

BTE

Extra Ordinary
Penn said:
I kinda like this approach............we've gotten way to PC, too humanistic, I'll call it.

Heck, the prison watchers - the ACLU - say it's cruel and inhuman to make cons work a chain gang anymore. Look, they get cable TV, computers(like the ones we're using right now), they can spend hours in the library, get time out in the yard for recreation and meet with their buds, they get 3 meals a day, letters from home or lovers;

WHERE'S THE DETERENT TO KEEP THEM OUT!?!?

No, a good old-fashioned hanging or firing squad execution might shake up some of these would-be creeps.
Yeah...and while they are on the computer and in the library, they are earning their college degree....ON MY MONEY! :burning:

I have always been a believer in public lynchings!! Tell me someone wouldn't think twice, if they saw monthly lynchings in the town square.