Lusby Town Square

jlmazz

Almost 1 year ago the Calvert County Commisioners approved the new Lusby Town Square. It was said to include a Giant, several restaurants and stores, a town green etc. Ever since the announcement I have not heard a single thing in regards to the project. Does anyone know the status? Is it still in the works? If so when is contstruction to start?

In today's Recorder it said that tree-clearing and stuff should begin Feb. 2003. That is just for the Town Square/Plaza shops - not the new road/Parkway stuff. I guess a Safeway is tentatively planned (darn - I was hoping for a Giant). It looks like its going to be in the plot of land between the Lusby PO & Medical Office Bldg. and the CRE new entrance.

willie

The rumor I hear, it will be a Giant the same size as the one in LP. The Recorder, however, said it would be "Gotts grocery store".

Well I hope you're right (about it being a Giant), but yesterday's Recorder - in the special "Growth" supplement - said it was tentatively gonna be a Safeway.

willie

Since the property belongs to Gott, I suppose they could call Safeway or whatever went there "Gott's grocery store". I believe Giant's plans were for across the street from Faststop and that doesn't belong to Gott. Gott probably has more political power in the County than Giant even though he shafts us on gas prices. I have a very limited diet, I'd prefer a Popeyes.