Future elections?

Spoiled

My College Democrats meeting last night raised a few questions last night... So i want to hear you peoples 2 cents on them...

When will we have a non-christian president?
Non white president?
Non male president?
A gay president?
A combination?
Who do you think will run in 08?

:boxing: :duel: :smoochy: let it begin!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Spoiled said:
My College Democrats meeting last night raised a few questions last night... So i want to hear you peoples 2 cents on them...

Non white president?
Non male president?
A gay president?
A combination?

:boxing: :duel: :smoochy: let it begin!
The 1st five are probably non-players for quite some time.

Who'll run in '08?

Probably Shrillary and her opponent might be Rudy Guilliani.:shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think we could see a non-Christian or black President any time now. If you're talking about maybe a Muslim Prez, though, fageddaboudit.

No chick will be Prez in my lifetime and neither will a gay man.

I predict the first black President will be a Republican.

And I see Evan Bayh vs. Giuliani in '08.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
vraiblonde said:
I think we could see a non-Christian or black President any time now. If you're talking about maybe a Muslim Prez, though, fageddaboudit.

No chick will be Prez in my lifetime and neither will a gay man.

I predict the first black President will be a Republican.

And I see Evan Bayh vs. Giuliani in '08.
You don't think Hillary is planning to run in '08?

Not that she'll make it to the Oval Office, but I think she'll win her party's nomination.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Spoiled said:
Non white president?
Non male president?
A gay president?
A combination?
Haven't we already had "non-christians" as President? No specific religion, Deism, and Unitarian. Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Johnson, John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Millard Fillmore, and William Howard Taft
Non-white? Within 20 years
Non-male? Within 20 years
Gay? Probably a long, long time (like it might not happen this century, if ever)
Combination? :confused: Not sure what you mean here, do you mean something like a bi-sexual, female, muslim, non-caucasian?
Running in '08? Probably all of the Democrats that ran this past election plus others like Hillary. For the Republicans I suspect Rudy G., C. Powell, maybe Keyes, and I am sure many others.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ken King said:
Running in '08? Probably all of the Democrats that ran this past election plus others like Hillary

For the Republicans I suspect Rudy G., C. Powell, maybe Keyes, and I am sure many others.
You think it's that wide open?

Kerry might try it again too?

Spoiled

Could juliani win the republican nomination? is he popular enough? I mean i dont think the religious right would support him?

Clinton could win the nomination but shes probably a bit liberal for the rest of america...

Ken King

PREMO Member
Penn said:
You think it's that wide open?

Yes I do. After all I don't see a four heart-attack pace maker wearer like Cheney running. It's going to be wide open in '08.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Another guy I'd like to see toss his hat in the ring is John Kassich(sp?), a former House Representative(R) from Ohio, I believe.

He has a Sunday one-hour slot on Fox News; but I remember watching him when he was in the Congress, and I liked his views.

Thoughts?

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Penn said:

You forget Gore. Once he fails as a mutual fund broker, he'll come back to the watering hole. Him and Hillary versus Rudy and McCain. Who's on top of each ticket? Depends on who votes in the primaries for each party.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Lenny said:
You forget Gore. Once he fails as a mutual fund broker, he'll come back to the watering hole. Him and Hillary versus Rudy and McCain. Who's on top of each ticket? Depends on who votes in the primaries for each party.
Shoot, last week I heard some wonk say that Hillary might name her husband
Slick Willie as her Veep, if and when she gets the nod.:popcorn:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Lenny said:
Forget Gore, he couldn't muster enough support to make it a run this time and he will have even less next cycle. Just like a home run he is "going, going, gone".

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ken King said:
Forget Gore, he couldn't muster enough support to make it a run this time and he will have even less next cycle. Just like a home run he is "going, going, gone".
Yep, I think even his own party feels that Al re-invented himself too many times.

Spoiled

Penn said:
Shoot, last week I heard some wonk say that Hillary might name her husband
Slick Willie as her Veep, if and when she gets the nod.:popcorn:
A president can only serve for 10 years... No more... That would make him unable to VP i think?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Spoiled said:
A president can only serve for 10 years... No more... That would make him unable to VP i think?
I don't know that to be certain, to say yes or no.

Ken King would know more about that than I would(there's probably a few more, but he's slick)

BTW, I'm going to send you some green stuff because you make a heck of a lot more sense than a certain idiot, AKA: turbanfloss, and you've picked up a bit of my respect. :cheers:

PS: Please forgive me, I just tried to send you some, but I am out of karma for the day; I will respond.

Last edited:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Penn said:

Ken King would know more about that than I would(there's probably a few more, but he's slick)

BTW, I'm going to send you some green stuff because you make a heck of a lot more sense than a certain idiot, AKA: turbanfloss, and you've picked up a bit of my respect. :cheers:

PS: Please forgive me, I just tried to send you some, but I am out of karma for the day; I will respond.
Technically that is it. Here is the text of the 22nd Amendment, "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once."

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ken King said:
Technically that is it. Here is the text of the 22nd Amendment, "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once."
So, Spoiled was right.(thanks Ken) It can't happen.

But, say she won the election; she could name him to her Cabinet, or some other position, such as Attorney General, maybe UN Ambassador, even Secretary of Defense?

Ken King

PREMO Member
Penn said:
So, Spoiled was right.(thanks Ken) It can't happen.

But, say she won the election; she could name him to her Cabinet, or some other position, such as Attorney General, maybe UN Ambassador, even Secretary of Defense?
Ambassador to Mars would be more like it. I think before she even thinks of making a run for it she would have to unload that chunk of scum. What kind of leader stays with a "cheating, womanizing, sphincter of a man" after he has admitted cheating on her.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ken King said:
Ambassador to Mars would be more like it. I think before she even thinks of making a run for it she would have to unload that chunk of scum. What kind of leader stays with a "cheating, womanizing, sphincter of a man" after he has admitted cheating on her.
She does! :lol:

Spoiled

Penn said:

its all good... college has done wonders.... :) :peace: