Fluffy Possums?

D

dems4me

In advance, I apologize for not categorizing this thread but I didn't see an animal thread for "other critters"

Anyways, I have a female possum living in the barn who apparently only had one possum in her litter... usually possums aren't the cutiest of critters but she and her baby is... except the baby looks to be about a month or two old and momma possum is very, very fat, and fluffy and has white, orange and grey fluffy fur patches... not at all like the grey wiry haired possums... She does have some but she looks more like a cat and so does her baby.... she has the prettiest of markings and her long nose is all white as is her tail. Is there such a thing as Calico possums :shrug: She's very friendy but very timid and shy.

It's the funniest thing when I go in the barn, she'll run and hide behind something only about a third of her size... but like a child... if they can't see you - they assume you don't see them.... albeit long body and tail in full view.... :roflmao: Anyone ever hear of fluffy white, orange and grey patched possums :shrug: What kind of toys or treates would a baby possum like to play with :shrug:

D

dems4me

huntr1 said:
Asian Ship Rat

Really? How in the world would I get one of those :shrug:

This one has a long snot - different than a rat's :shrug:

D

dems4me

I've looked it up... these are the size of possums... not rats and they have fluffy hair... like cotton... :ohwell:

D

dems4me

dems4me said:
Really? How in the world would I get one of those :shrug:

This one has a long snot - different than a rat's :shrug:

Hunter... I've done more researching and this doesn't have the mouse looking ears... these are possum ears on the critter I have in the barn :frown:

danceintherain

Cool story. Sounds like something you could only find in St. Mary's County. There is a local wild animal rehabilitator if you are interested PM me and I will give you her number.

D

dems4me

danceintherain said:
Cool story. Sounds like something you could only find in St. Mary's County. There is a local wild animal rehabilitator if you are interested PM me and I will give you her number.

I'll pass, I don't mind having her and her baby around... I just don't know what the heck kind of breed this is... it's in Charles County BTW..:lol:

danceintherain

Opossum fur coloring is most commonly gray, but can range from white and cinnamon to black. Baby opossums are usually born between the months of February and June.

D

dems4me

danceintherain said:
Opossum fur coloring is most commonly gray, but can range from white and cinnamon to black. Baby opossums are usually born between the months of February and June.

hmmm.... the little one is too little to have been born in june.. :shrug: not unless she carried it in her pouch for a few months. :shrug: The mother, baby bond is very much present.... the baby when I see it, see's me and will always run to her fat momma who thinks she is hiding... :lol: What kind of toys or treats do they like :shrug:

D

dems4me

Club'nBabySeals said:
When in doubt blame the Power Plant.

:lol: I don't live near a power plant... but I do blame the power plant for some of the crabs I get out of the Patuxent... :lol:

D

dems4me

appyday said:
Dems...ARE YOU HIGH? put down the glue and step back.. :killingme

No just :confused: as to what unidentified species is living out in the barn :shrug:

Have you seen any of these fluffy possums :shrug:

Hello6

Princess of Mean
First of all, I must mock you for *snot*, it's snout.

With that out of my system, and Christmas it my heart, I have seen on Animal Planet, a pet possum that was all white fluffy and cute. Yes, they are a little dense in the smarts department, which is probably why you feel a bond with it.

As far as toys for it, go with what you'd give a small dog. I seem to remember them liking cat food and dog treats and maybe cut up apples and crickets, other fruits and nuts. They are omnivores.

D

dems4me

Hello6 said:
First of all, I must mock you for *snot*, it's snout.

With that out of my system, and Christmas it my heart, I have seen on Animal Planet, a pet possum that was all white fluffy and cute. Yes, they are a little dense in the smarts department, which is probably why you feel a bond with it.

As far as toys for it, go with what you'd give a small dog. I seem to remember them liking cat food and dog treats and maybe cut up apples and crickets, other fruits and nuts. They are omnivores.

:nono: this one had lots of long snot...

:lol: j/k Yes this sounds like it exactly... where in the heck would one of these have came from and a baby which means a father is around.... it eats the cat's food - I know this becuase this is where I see them... and out of curiousity, why would I find a bond with it because it's dimwitted ??? :ohwell: