Political Quiz/Poll

What is your political leaning based on the quiz?

• Libertarian

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Left (Liberal)

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Centrist

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Right (Conservative)

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Statist

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

ylexot

Super Genius
Just curious how you all rank on this political quiz. Instead of the usual linear scale, this one is a diamond shape. Please take the quiz before answering the poll.

BTW - I got a 70% personal, 80% economic score which puts me as a Libertarian.

Steve

Enjoying life!
I took it, but the questions are really loaded and one-sided. I bet most will fall in the liberal/libertarian category.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Libertarian -
Your PERSONAL issues Score is 100%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 90%.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Another stupid poll...

I'm a 'statist'

Personal 20%
Economic 30%

Yeah, right.

Nuts and bolts time:

Government should not censor speech, press, media or Internet

What is speech? If the 'free' airwaves are public, which they are considered, and they are administered by the feds, and they are, then there is a federal duty to censor in some cases.

A 'disagree' here apparently scores me as a Stalinist.

Military service should be voluntary. There should be no draft

Agree. If enough of us aren't willing to fight then we all die.

There should be no laws regarding sex for consenting adults

Disagree. Marriage is a social contract. You and your cookie on the side can't agree to suspend your contract with your spouse, the other party to the contract.

Repeal laws prohibiting adult possession and use of drugs

Disagree. Stupid people aren't allowed to go 100 mph either. Drug abuse does not happen in a vacuum.

There should be no National ID card

Disagree. There should be.

Economic Issues

End "corporate welfare." No government handouts to business

This is SO stupid. Business gets and needs stimulation on some level from the master. Who is gonna develop an energy efficient car when the market doesn't want one? Who is gonna opt for newer, cleaner energy when the market doesn't want it? Tax incentives provide incentive for good reasons.

End government barriers to international free trade

Maybe. Our government must help our business' in the international arena when other countries are not playing fair.

Let people control their own retirement; privatize Social Security

Oh hell yeah.

Replace government welfare with private charity

Stupid. What is 'welfare'? Some cash while you look for a new job? Fine by me BUT a hand up, not a hand out.

Cut taxes and government spending by 50% or more

Stupid. All we have to do is manage the rate of growth and manage national debt service with the economy.

So there you have the mind of...a statist.

D

dems4me

Pete said:
Centrist
Personal 60%
Economic 50%

great.... we are in the same boat... I'm a centrist tooo but on the line of the left side - just barely in the box :ohwell:

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 60%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 30%

ericw

I took this a long time ago and scored 100% economic and 90% personal.

THIS quiz charts you on the same diamond-shaped graph (the "Nolan chart") but it's longer (about 40 questions). I scored 85% economic and 62% personal, and it labeled me a "conservative leaning libertarian". Click "don't save" to bypass the registration process:
http://www.ontheissues.org/quizeng/XPolitics/start.asp

Be careful reading the questions, half the time "agree" means supporting government involvement, half the time it doesn't. They phrased them that way to avoid bias and make the quiz-taker think about his/her answers.

Last edited:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
ericw said:
I took this a long time ago and scored 100% economic and 90% personal.

THIS quiz charts you on the same diamond-shaped graph (the "Nolan chart") but it's longer (about 40 questions). I scored 85% economic and 62% personal, and it labeled me a "conservative leaning libertarian". Click "don't save" to bypass the registration process:
http://www.ontheissues.org/quizeng/XPolitics/start.asp

Be careful reading the questions, half the time "agree" means supporting government involvement, half the time it doesn't. They phrased them that way to avoid bias and make the quiz-taker think about his/her answers.
According to that test I was a "Moderate Populist Conservative". Sounds like I can't make up my mind.

ylexot

Super Genius
That one gives me a 38% personal, 82% economic to make me a Libertarian-Leaning Conservative. My economic score was close to the short one, but my personal was a bit different.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Personal Score 16%
Economic Score 71%

The second has me as a Populist-Leaning Conservative

The first as a Libertarian-Leaning Liberal :yikes:

:shrug: More detailed questionaires peg me consistently as a Centrist with Libertarian tendencies, which I'd agree with. Less government programs, responsibility for one's social violations without societal intrusions on personal life, and self-reliance are what I believe in.

Sparx

Personal-90
Economic-40

I find it interesting that so many people have liberal views on many issues but still vote for a conservative party.

Vince

Conservative.

0% Personal
90% Economic :yikes:

Not a good quiz. The questions make different people think of different things, i.e. "Government should not censor speech, press, media or Internet." This makes me think of the press making statements about troops and movements during war time. They let too much out, and they should be censored.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
CENTRIST
Your PERSONAL issues Score is 40%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 60%.

Government should not censor speech, press, media or Internet
Disagree - if people had more sense and were more respectful of their fellow man, I'd say okay. As it stands, I'm a big fan of censorship.

Military service should be voluntary. There should be no draft
Agree - I want professional soliders standing between me and some foreign army, not some pot smoking slacker who doesn't want to be there.

There should be no laws regarding sex for consenting adults
Agree - anything consenting adults do int he privacy of their own bedroom is none of my business. I don't want to know and I don't want to be the sex police.

Repeal laws prohibiting adult possession and use of drugs
Disagree - druggies are a public nuisance. I'd go for legalizing pot, though.

There should be no National ID card
Disagree - what's the problem?

End "corporate welfare." No government handouts to business
Disagree - businesses provide jobs and it's in the best interest of our nation to keep people employed rather than get them used to sitting on their butt collecting unemployment or welfare.

End government barriers to international free trade
Disagree - if I were Imperial Grand Poohbah, I'd prohibit trade with any country that is hostile to the US, supports terrorists or doesn't hold free elections.

Let people control their own retirement; privatize Social Security
Agree - anything the government controls is going to get goofed up. Make people take responsibility for themselves.

Replace government welfare with private charity
Agree - the government doesn't really do a good job of handing out welfare. They give it to deadbeats, then refuse someone who could really use it. Several private charities, as opposed to one government entity, would be better. Maybe have the government subsidize the charity, then the charity actually distributes the aid.

Agree - I could pare that budget in half without breaking a sweat. My very first cut would be aid to foreign countries.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
Agree - I could pare that budget in half without breaking a sweat. My very first cut would be aid to foreign countries.
I scored Libertarian, and I agree with you on that one.

My cuts:
* Reduce the upper management levels in the civil service by 50 to 70 percent.
* End corporate tax breaks. If we go with a national sales tax, this will be less of an issue, since both individuals and corporations won't be paying federal income taxes.
* Eliminate welfare in favor of "workfare." If you want government assistance and you are able to work, then you have to earn that assistance.