New Saltwater Reef Club in St. Mary's

smmas

Not sure how many (if any) of you are interested but we are starting a Saltwater Reef Aquarium Club in St. Mary's. Our first meeting is scheduled for next month. If you're at all interested or just curious feel free to check out our website at http://www.smmas.org :howdy:

Cool! I want to set one up, but probably won't get to until the basement is finished in about 2-3 years. May do it once I get the basement cleaned up enough for the kids to go down there and play. Is a 30 gallon to small to bother with?

smmas

No -- a 30 isn't too small but I would suggest something larger if this is your first saltwater tank (water chemistry is much harder in a small tank.) If you're curious go to www.reefcentral.com and check out the "new to the hobby" forums. LOTS of information to be had there. Also, feel free to sign up at www.smmas.org. There will be lots of local information going up on our site too.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Had a 50 gal. When i lived in Hawaii, it was very easy to get fish and coral. Moved here and did bluegills and bass for a while. Even had a chain pickeral. Sold the tank last time I moved.

smmas

Just wanted to thank all who came out for our first meeting. We will always welcome anyone interested in the hobby. If you're interested be sure to visit us at www.smmas.org :)