There Is A Price For Faith!

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
If called on, are you willing to pay the price?

Excerpt from daily devotional Tues. 12-14-2004)Liveprayer.com - posted with permission

THERE IS A PRICE FOR FAITH!

Let me wake you up today with a scenario, one that is not as far fetched as you may initially think. In the Old Testament, when God unleashed His judgment on the children of Israel, it was often by allowing their enemies to invade their land and take them captive. We see this form of judgment on Israel for their rebellion to God many times. I have shared with you in the past this nation is not only due, but OVERDUE God's judgment for our rebellion to Him.

Now, imagine if God allowed one of the enemies of the United State to invade our land and take us captive. I know you are saying it could never happen. After all, we are the greatest power on the planet. We have the greatest armies, the greatest weapons, a tremendous nuclear capacity. You don't have to be a history major to realize there have been many great nations over the course of human history, and at their height, I am sure ALL of them said the same thing. Where are those great nations today? Only a fool does not learn from history.

I wonder what happens if God allows a Muslim nation to invade and successfully take over the United States. I can guarantee you that the first thing on their list will be to ban Christianity. All of the churches will be burnt to the ground and those who claim Christ will immediately be imprisoned, and ultimately killed. It would actually be interesting to see how many people would still stand for Christ under such a scenario. If people have such a hard time just going to church on Sunday, have to be almost forced to serve God in some small way, are they actually going to die for Jesus???

Let me ask you a question that only you can answer. Think about it before you do. If you were taken prisoner, and told you can denounce Christ and be free, otherwise you will have your head cut off, what would you do?

I love you and care about you so much. The good news is that we know how the story ends. GOD WINS! For those who have accepted Christ as their Savior, we have the assurance of everlasting life. Jesus said in Luke 12:4, "I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more." For the Christian, evil man can kill your body because of your faith, but your everlasting soul belongs to the Lord! THAT is why those great men and women of God throughout the ages had no fear of losing their life for the Gospel. They knew they would be spending eternity with their Lord after this brief journey was over, no mater how it ended.