Adventures in Paintball

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Two events coming up. One is being organized by some people here at work, who said I could invite anyone I want. The second is by the DC Society of Young Professionals. (www.dcyoungpro.com - Membership is free) My roommate and I are likely to try both of them. I've never played before but I thought I'd give it a try.
Anyway... thought some people might be interested...

Here we go.

Subject: PAINTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To: EVERYONE

It is that time again. I am asking one and all to sign-up. I know we haven't done this for awhile, but the previous times have been a blast. I am thinking of the weekend of Nov 16th . I know it is just a few weeks away, but due to holiday travel starting and possibility of winter rolling in , I want to try for that weekend. Attached is the pamphlet, the max for 3 hours in the dirt shooting at your buddies is $35 with 500 rounds provided .

Please reply to me if you are:
1) Interested in playing, period?
2) Are available the weekend of the Nov 16th ?
3) If you prefer a morning game(9am to 12) or afternoon (1 pm to 4pm)?
4) Are your answers a "um well may be, if the sun is right and if my mommy lets me" or if it is a "HELL YEAH!!!!!!"

Forward and invite everyone and anyone(more targets), my only requirement would be that they are truly interested in playing and that you send their info to me if they are in .

Thanks, Don Juan the Paintball Mon
CoursonDR@navair.navy.mil
Note: Be sure to tell Don that you didn't get an attachment of the flyer. I couldn't attach it to this post because the file size was too large.

ADVENTURES IN PAINTBALL
Sunday, November 10 at 10:30 a.m.

Due to popular demand and the need for greeat fun and exercise, we are repeating last year's exciting full day of paintball. In 15 short years, the sport of paintball has become recognized as one of the world's most exciting outdoor participation sports. Paintball is played in over 40 countries by millions of men and women of all ages and lifestyles.

Enjoy a FULL DAY of fun, exercise and imagination. Put away your cell phones and laptops. Gear up and take on your fellow young professionals in a series of games designed to test your speed, reflexes and ingenuity.

Battleground includes: forts, a castle, bunkers, pill boxes, bridges, tree houses and more! Play capture the flag, hide and find, seize and conquer, and many, many more games!

We begin the day with thorough safety training by a Paintball Safety Council Certified Instructor, and we will have our own private referees for the day. We provide protective goggles and other safety equipment for all attendees (Insurance statistics have shown that paintball is safer than golf, jogging, tennis, swimming and many other sports).

Army lunch is included: hot dogs, chips and soda. (or bring your own - no sushi, sautéed potatoes or other fancy dishes allowed today). Dine by our private cabin on the lake.

If you are new to paintball, you can learn all about this exciting sport at: http://www.warpig.com/paintball/newbie/newbie.shtml For pictures from last year's Paintball event, check out: http://www.dcyoungpro.com/0202/paintball/index.shtml. To read a Washingtonian article about last year's paintball event, check out http://www.dcyoungpro.com/press5.shtml.

WHEN: Sunday, November 10 from 10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

WHERE: Hogback Mountain (about 30 minutes away from Washington, D.C)

DIRECTIONS: From the beltway, proceed to Tyson's Corner, take 7 west to Leesburg where you exit on 15 South. Take 15 South 7 miles and make a right turn on route 651 (Hogback Mountain Road). Take 651 just 2/10ths of a mile to the entrance to WestView Farms. Following the signs to Hogback Mountain Paintball.

CLOTHING: Bright colors will make you an obvious target. If you don't have camos, darker color clothing, such as navy blue or forest green T-shirts and sweatshirts work fine. Paintball is a physical outdoor sport, that can be rough on clothes, so, do not wear your good things (although the paint WILL wash out easily). Also, hiking boots or work boots are preferred when negotiating uneven terrain.

Price: $55 if you purchase your tickets by 5 p.m. Friday, November 1

To order, please use our secure server at www.dcyoungpro.com/tickets.shtml or call 202-686-6085.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Sounds WAY fun...

Can "girls" play, too?? I'm almost 40, but REALLY GOOD at sneaking through the woods! :biggrin:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Sounds WAY fun...

Originally posted by Sierra39
Can "girls" play, too?? I'm almost 40, but REALLY GOOD at sneaking through the woods! :biggrin:

Of course! I don't see why not.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Lots of women play paintball, but the vast majority of players are male. There's a paintball store in Solomons. They have lots of good information about paintball in the area and how to get started.

Last edited: