oakwood lodge info ?

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
Hey everybody , can someone tell me if reservations are necessary at the Oakwood Lodge :question: Also, if you know, when are they open for dinner ? Hubby and I are thinking of going tonight while our son is at his Homecoming dance ;-) :yum:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by Rane
Hey everybody , can someone tell me if reservations are necessary at the Oakwood Lodge :question: Also, if you know, when are they open for dinner ? Hubby and I are thinking of going tonight while our son is at his Homecoming dance ;-) :yum:

I doubt if you need them. But, since it is still wedding season, I'd advise you to just pick up the phone and make a reservation, just in case! That's a pretty good haul if they're packed.

Rane

Re: Re: oakwood lodge info ?

Originally posted by Nodnarb

I doubt if you need them. But, since it is still wedding season, I'd advise you to just pick up the phone and make a reservation, just in case! That's a pretty good haul if they're packed.

thanks for that suggestion nodnarb :rolleyes: I can't believe the Oakwood Lodge doesn't have a web site, only info I can find online is their addresse, phone # and email addy ... and the fact they are closed on tuesdays and accept MC & Visa lol, I shot them an email but no reply yet , guess I will have to do that old fashioned thingy and call them :biggrin: It won't be that far of a drive from the school when we drop our son off at the dance , thank goodness , but we were just looking for some general info in case we need to decide on another restaurant .

watercolor

yeah yeah
But do they serve brunch...cause if so....then heck...I will have my
"Day-After-Wedding" brunch there with mimmosa's and all. :biggrin:

Rane

Originally posted by watercolor23

Watercolor, if we go there tonight for dinner, I will ask them if they serve Brunch and let you know :smile: you would be doing this Brunch on a sunday right ?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I think they cater special occasions. They used to, but it has been years, no decades, since I have been there.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Aww heck! Well I am putting out way way to much moola for the reception. I dont think I could afford renting another room and catering. UGH! nevermind then....but as you said, it was decades :lol: ago. I will still keep my options open.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Otter and I went there on a Saturday evening a few months back and it was pretty empty then. Food was acceptable, maybe I didn't get the right thing...stuffed softshell crab..the stuffing was really bready. Anyway, I loved the atmosphere, the view and the service was good. Otter liked his meal. I'd go back.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by 2ndAmendment

it has been years, no decades, since I have been there.
You mean there's still a restuarant in St. Mary's Co. that we haven't been to? :wink: That Black Diamond Steak is sounding yummy. :yum:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by Sharon
You mean there's still a restuarant in St. Mary's Co. that we haven't been to? :wink: That Black Diamond Steak is sounding yummy. :yum:

It is the best... :cheers:

Rane

Clambake !!

Well, I called the Oakwood Lodge and made reservations for a table by the window !! They said reservations aren't always necessary but tonight they are a good idea because they are having a CLAMBAKE !! :yum: The menu is limited tonight but they are still serving their famous Black Diamond steaks ( I specifically asked since I've heard so many good things from y'all about them & hubby wants one ) :yum: Thanks for all the info everybody :smile:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
ROAD TRIP

Originally posted by Sharon

whoo-hoooo!! Maybe we can take the Stangs (oh yeah, and the boys too) one Saturday night!! :cheers:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
They do private parties, even on the weekend, so it's a good idea to call first. We found that out the hard way a couple of weekends ago. But we went back last weekend and oh, was it good! :yum:

Oakwood Lodge is my favorite restaurant, so I will be HIGHLY insulted if someone goes without me. :bawl: I don't have a 'Stang anymore, but my ragtop should be good enough. :wink:

Last edited:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Aww heck! Well I am putting out way way to much moola for the reception. I dont think I could afford renting another room and catering. UGH! nevermind then....but as you said, it was decades :lol: ago. I will still keep my options open.

Are you doing a brunch for everyone including out of towners, etc...? There are some reasonable brunches in the area but they might not be as private as you're looking for, ya know. I'm doing a day after wedding brunch at my house - my soon to be mother in law is going to get there in the a.m. and get everything ready for me, Dean, and the other people to arrive. It'll probably just be my wedding party, close family, and a few out of towners (some girlfriends) that will still be there. Nothing too fancy! Our house should be ready Feb. or Mar. so let's just hope we're settled in enough! His Mom is great, though, and will get it all prepared as well as clean up. We just plan to open gifts with everyone, etc... before leaving for our honeymoon the next day. I feel you on the reception/catering...it's a LOAD of LOOT!! :ohwell: