CBS thinks of using Couric

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
as a replacement for Rather. She is on the list, supposedly.

So, isn't that just exasperating the problem Rather than fixing it?!?! I swear she is a more left (by a good ways) than Rather. Do they expect her to act any different? any better? have they listened to her? At least Rather had a brain... a misguided brain, but a brain none-the-less.

Pete

Repete
FromTexas said:
as a replacement for Rather. She is on the list, supposedly.

So, isn't that just exasperating the problem Rather than fixing it?!?! I swear she is a more left (by a good ways) than Rather. Do they expect her to act any different? any better? have they listened to her? At least Rather had a brain... a misguided brain, but a brain none-the-less.
I am sure America feels like it already know Couric, being that many have already seen her colon. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
CBS doesn't realize that Katie Hangover is a partisan nutball. They just think she's normal because the CBS brass thinks the same way she does. Some people just don't get it.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I'm not familiar with Couric's biases, since I haven't seen her do more than one or two political stories on Today. In fact, I don't think she's done much hard news since leaving WRC 4 in Washington, since morning shows are generally fluff and puff about celebrities.

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
CBS doesn't realize that Katie Hangover is a partisan nutball. They just think she's normal because the CBS brass thinks the same way she does. Some people just don't get it.

I like her... she always appears open-minded to me from what I hear her say :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
dems4me said:
she always appears open-minded to me from what I hear her say :yay:
Of course. Because you'd think it was normal to bite Karen Hughes' head off, but get on your knees for Hillary Clinton. CBS thinks she's open-minded, too.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent

Katie Couric quotes:

“President Carter, as perhaps our country’s most revered ex-President, your words carry a lot of moral weight. Surely everyone noticed when you told reporters recently that President Bush’s war on Iraq was based on a campaign of quote, ‘lies and misinterpretations.’ How many lies do you think the President told to drag us into war?... I mean, were they little white lies or really gigantic whoppers?...Does this button sum it all up for you, ‘Bush Lied, People Died’?”

"Some suggested over the weekend that it’s wrong to expect Elian Gonzalez to live in a place that tolerates no dissent or freedom of political expression. They were talking about Miami. All eyes on south Florida and its image this morning. Another writer this weekend called it ‘an out of control banana republic within America.’ What effect is the Elian Gonzalez story having on perception of Miami? We will talk with a well-known columnist for the Miami Herald about that."

"The tragic beating of the college student has some activists in this country saying there is a climate of anti-gay hate that’s been fostered by a provocative advertising campaign by the political right in this country."

"Why do you think that he doesn’t get the credit for the good news that’s going on? And, if Reagan was the Teflon President, it seems like Bill Clinton is the Velcro President — every piece of bad news just sticks to him." (Question to the DNC’s Tony Coehlo, August 18, 1994.)

"With the exception of the pardon of Marc Rich and some other moves that probably were somewhat questionable, would you concede this morning that it’s gotten to the point where there is a bit of piling on going on here? I mean, it seems to me that he has done some things that other Presidents have done in the past."

Let’s talk a little bit more about the right wing because I know that’s something you feel very strongly about. But this is actually not necessarily about the right wing, but perhaps a climate that some say has been established by religious zealots or Christian conservatives. There have been two recent incidents in the news I think that upset most people in this country, that is the dragging death of James Byrd Junior and the beating death of Matthew Shepard. I just would like you to reflect on whether you feel people in this country are increasingly intolerant, mean-spirited, etcetera, and what, if anything, can be done about that because a lot of people get very discouraged when they hear and see this kind of brutality taking place."

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
FromTexas said:
“President Carter, as perhaps our country’s most revered ex-President, your words carry a lot of moral weight. Surely everyone noticed when you told reporters recently that President Bush’s war on Iraq was based on a campaign of quote, ‘lies and misinterpretations.’ How many lies do you think the President told to drag us into war?... I mean, were they little white lies or really gigantic whoppers?...Does this button sum it all up for you, ‘Bush Lied, People Died’?”
This one is my personal favorite. :lmao:

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
This one is my personal favorite. :lmao:

Would you be happier if it was Rush Limbaugh :shrug: Is it the fact that she has Democratic views or is it the fact that she's not nonopinionated concernining politics :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
dems4me said:
Would you be happier if it was Rush Limbaugh
Quick, Dems - what's the professional difference between Rush Limbaugh and Katie Couric? You have 30 seconds...

(insert Jeopardy theme music here)

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
Quick, Dems - what's the professional difference between Rush Limbaugh and Katie Couric? You have 30 seconds...

(insert Jeopardy theme music here)

I'll bite....

I don't know :shrug: one is an onair personality that abused drugs in his rants ...and the other is a tv personality that has had a life filled with hardships -- is this correct? :confused:

Beener

dems4me said:
tv personality that has had a life filled with hardships -- is this correct? :confused:

Other than a few personal hardships, Katie Couric has had a pretty sweet life.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
dems4me said:
is this correct?
No.

One hosts an opinion show, where he fully and frankly admits he is a partisan conservative and his intention is to promote the Republicans.

The other is a generic news show host who says she is unbiased and doesn't let her personal political views color her professionalism.

One is honest and upfront about his agenda. The other is a sham and a lie.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Alan Colmes: honest and upfront.

Katie Couric: liar and scam artist.

James Carville: honest and upfront.

Dan Rather: liar and scam artist.

See the difference now?

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
No.

One hosts an opinion show, where he fully and frankly admits he is a partisan conservative and his intention is to promote the Republicans.

The other is a generic news show host who says she is unbiased and doesn't let her personal political views color her professionalism.

One is honest and upfront about his agenda. The other is a sham and a lie.

Don't you have to phrase your answer in a question on jeapordy :shrug:

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
Alan Colmes: honest and upfront.

Katie Couric: america's sweetheart

James Carville: the ragn' cajun needs to grow some hair.

Dan Rather: past his prime

See the difference now?

Yes... I think soo... :ohwell:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
The other thing is, Katie's all wrong for hard news. She's too bubbly and too damn perky (which is how Letterman once described Mary Hart).

D

dems4me

Tonio said:
The other thing is, Katie's all wrong for hard news. She's too bubbly and too damn perky (which is how Letterman once described Mary Hart).

THAT I can agree with... :yay: it should be someone more seasoned.