Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good chinese restaurant in Charles or St. Marys?

Kizzy
    Did you end up at the new place, the Old Chesapeake Bay Seafood House? Just wondering how the new location is working out. I take it that the owners are the same ones that own the one next to PetsMart or is it PetSmart I've never gotten that right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizzy
    Did you end up at the new place, the Old Chesapeake Bay Seafood House? Just wondering how the new location is working out. I take it that the owners are the same ones that own the one next to PetsMart or is it PetSmart I've never gotten that right.
    Yes, we did end up there - although we almost didn't make it. Two weeks ago I had heard Sakura's moved but then duly forgot. I happened to see Sakura's last night while driving to Sakura's. I said to my husband "What is Sakura's doing over there? It's not supposed to be there." Likewise my husband said, "It can't be the same restaurant, must be a different place." It took a minute for my memory to join the rest of my brain and we turned around.

The new place is awesome. MUCH bigger palce with LOTSA room. The hardwood floors look great (I don't know why I noticed something like flooring). There's a large sushi bar on one end and probably a dozen tables on the other end. I believe it's the same owners but am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizzy
    New place is great, It has a section with smaller tables so you don't have to sit in the big group.

Kizzy
    Sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by marianne View Post
    I'm taking a few people out for chinese food tonight. Anyone know of a particularly good chinese restaurant in Charles or St. Mary's counties? There are a couple chinese restaurants in/by La Plata but they all taste the same to me.
    I have the same question as the OP but this thread is so old I'm wondering if there are some new recommendations (especially in Charles County)? We like to order carry-out every now and then and our old standby (Golden Star in Bryans Road) just isn't very good anymore -- new owners/cook I think. Looking for a new place. TIA!

I hear United Airlines has good Chinese Take-Out.

I look to see how many cats there are in the area. If I see cats, the restaurant is probably ok.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

So much help...
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

The name escapes me, but head to waldorf and on St. Charles Parkway in the area across from the BJ's there is a decent chinese restaurant. Its not a buffet and has sushi.

Original post was 13 years ago..
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

11. 04-15-2017, 12:10 AM