Good chinese restaurant in Charles or St. Marys?

marianne

I'm taking a few people out for chinese food tonight. Anyone know of a particularly good chinese restaurant in Charles or St. Mary's counties? There are a couple chinese restaurants in/by La Plata but they all taste the same to me.

K

Kizzy

Over by the Bed, Bath and Beyond/Burlington in the old Waldorf Shopper's World shopping center, there is a place. They are terrific. I have yet to find a place that tops that place, just cannot think of the name of it.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Kizzy said:
Over by the Bed, Bath and Beyond/Burlington in the old Waldorf Shopper's World shopping center, there is a place. They are terrific. I have yet to find a place that tops that place, just cannot think of the name of it.

That one is Schechaun Garden, not sure about the spelling

itsbob

I bowl overhand
marianne said:
I'm taking a few people out for chinese food tonight. Anyone know of a particularly good chinese restaurant in Charles or St. Mary's counties? There are a couple chinese restaurants in/by La Plata but they all taste the same to me.

If you are willing to cross the bridge into Calvert, the China Harbor is FANTastic!! LOVE the combo General Tsoa's (or Orange) and their Hot and Sour Soup is simply fantabulous.. SUPER friendly wait staff.. though not to good with the English.. and SMALL very personal restaurant.

K

Kain99

I'm half Chinese and there is only one place that kicks azz! Happy Dragon in Leonardtown. Nothing beats it!

K

Kizzy

Kain99 said:
I'm half Chinese and there is only one place that kicks azz! Happy Dragon in Leonardtown. Nothing beats it!

Do they have Won Hung Lo?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Kain99 said:
Is that the one in the plaza next to Pizza Hut?? Lived in the Relax Inn for awhile, and ate there.. thought it was interesting that their Teriyaki Steak tasted EXACTLY like German Curry Wurst.. Did make me want Curry Wurst, for the first time in 10 years..

Nope, best by far in the area is China Harbor.. one of the first things I do when I move into a new area is check out the Chinese Restaurants.. and can rate them quickly by their fried rice (or Lo Mein) and their Hot and Sour Soup!

K

Kain99

itsbob said:
Is that the one in the plaza next to Pizza Hut?? Lived in the Relax Inn for awhile, and ate there.. thought it was interesting that their Teriyaki Steak tasted EXACTLY like German Curry Wurst.. Did make me want Curry Wurst, for the first time in 10 years..

Nope, best by far in the area is China Harbor.. one of the first things I do when I move into a new area is check out the Chinese Restaurants.. and can rate them quickly by their fried rice (or Lo Mein) and their Hot and Sour Soup!
Dude! China Harbor does NOT serve Chinese..... :barf:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Kain99 said:
Dude! China Harbor does NOT serve Chinese..... :barf:
DUDETTE!! How long has it been since you have eaten there?? GOOD stuff! and are you thinking of the "Harbor" or the place next to Food Lion.. HUGE difference.. But I will try your Dragon Piss place see how it is.. then give you my humble, yet right, opinion.

Best Chinese food I EVER had was a Chinese Restaurant in Schweinfurt Germany.. their szechuan made you sweat.. and I think the wait staff could all speak four or five languages..

K

Kain99

itsbob said:
DUDETTE!! How long has it been since you have eaten there?? GOOD stuff! and are you thinking of the "Harbor" or the place next to Food Lion.. HUGE difference.. But I will try your Dragon Piss place see how it is.. then give you my humble, yet right, opinion.

Best Chinese food I EVER had was a Chinese Restaurant in Schweinfurt Germany.. their szechuan made you sweat.. and I think the wait staff could all speak four or five languages..
If you weren't such a cheap azz you'd offer to buy me my favorite from China Harbor just to prove your point........ It's cool I know how ya are. :lol:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Kain99 said:
If you weren't such a cheap azz you'd offer to buy me my favorite from China Harbor just to prove your point........ It's cool I know how ya are. :lol:

When? Heck I live across the street, so whenever you like is good for me!

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
In Calvert I like the carry out chinese place.. not really a sit down kinda place but good food. Its right over the bridge in that new shopping center. Sezhaun Garden in waldorf is good for a sit down or carry out.. I miss Lee's in white plains.. its now a Tai place.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
FastCarsSpeed said:
In Calvert I like the carry out chinese place.. not really a sit down kinda place but good food. Its right over the bridge in that new shopping center. Sezhaun Garden in waldorf is good for a sit down or carry out.. I miss Lee's in white plains.. its now a Tai place.

If you are talking about the one in the Food Lion plaza, you REALLY need to try China Harbor.. It's in the plaza with Woodburns, 7 -11 and Jerry's Pizza.

marianne

Thanks for the recommendations you all gave - I don't know why there aren't Chinese restaurant listings on SOMD.com's dining directory.

I had intended to take the folks to Szechuan Garden in Waldorf but got outvoted and went to Sakura's for Japanese instead :yum: . But I do have a short list now and will get there eventually.