A collection of quotes for Christmas

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
From the Federalist Patriot No. 04-51/52

"I think that I did see all heaven before me, and the great God Himself!" --Handel upon completing "The Messiah" in just 25 days ++ "Religion in a Family is at once its brightest Ornament & its best Security." --Samuel Adams ++ "It is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its Mighty Founder was a child Himself." --Charles Dickens ++ "I heard the bells on Christmas Day, Their old, familiar carols play, And wild and sweet, The words repeat, Of peace on earth, good-will to men!" --Henry Wadsworth Longfellow ++ "The place that the shepherds found was not an academy or an abstract republic; it was not a place of myths allegorized or dissected or explained away. It was a place of dreams come true." --G.K. Chesterton ++ "The Incarnation...illuminates and orders all other phenomena, explains both our laughter and our logic, our fear of the dead and our knowledge that it is somehow good to die, and which at one stroke covers what multitudes of separate theories will hardly cover for us if this is rejected." --C.S. Lewis ++ "Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart." --Washington Irving ++ "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas." --Calvin Coolidge ++ "Regarding not the day, let us give God thanks for the gift of His dear Son. ... If it be possible to honor Christ in the giving of gifts, I cannot see how while the gift, giver, and recipient are all in the spirit of the world. ...ut we have a Christ gift the entire year." --Charles Spurgeon ++ "The dogmatism of science has become a new orthodoxy, disseminated by the Media and a State educational system with a thoroughness and subtlety far exceeding anything of the kind achieved by the Inquisition; to the point that to believe today in a miraculous happening like the Virgin Birth is to appear a kind of imbecile...." --Malcolm Muggeridge ++ "The Christmas spirit of peace, hope, and love is the spirit Americans carry with them all year round, everywhere we go. ... The tree that lights up our country must be seen all the way to heaven...its lights fill the air with a spirit of hope, and joy from the heart of America." --Ronald Reagan