Seeking Family Law Attorney

SxyPrincess

Does anyone have any info. on a good family law attorney in the somd area? Preferably one in Charles County and since this is regarding child support, preferably a girl! :biggrin:

Ken - maybe you know of some good links I can search? The only good lawyers I can think of are male and I don't see them being sympathetic! :wink:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Send me a Pm or email. I'll give you the info for my lawyer. It's a guy but he's done very well with my situation. Plus there's another lawyer in his office who is very easy on the eyes. :biggrin:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Does anyone have any info. on a good family law attorney in the somd area? Preferably one in Charles County and since this is regarding child support, preferably a girl! :biggrin:

Ken - maybe you know of some good links I can search? The only good lawyers I can think of are male and I don't see them being sympathetic! :wink:

I used a male lawyer and got custody. He was Mike Davis in Leonartown. He was expensive but I agreed to pay for both lawyers and the well being of my kids was worth the money. Don't know many lawyers in Charles County at all, don't know where to direct you on this.

Taz

lawyer

If you're looking for a GOOD lawyer, I would recommend Sam Baldwin of Baldwin, Briscoe and Mattingly. They are in the Exploration Park, not far from the base. When I went through my divorce he was recommended to me and he is a straight-shooter.
He has a very good resume and will not bs you into spending a lot of $$$ and getting paid a lot of legal fees for doing nothing. He's easy to talk to and he knows how the court system works around here. He probably saved me about $7K.

K

Kain99

If your situation is potentially a nasty one.... Call Julian Izydore at Dorsey and Foley in Leonardtown. This dude can slay dragons. Mike Davis is great in civilized matters.

bad1032

In reguards to child support they go by the guide lines.You can go to the States Attorneys office and they can run it for you.You can also go under yahoo for the maryland law link and they have a law library that you can research and ask questions.may save you a lil money.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
and I don't see them being sympathetic! :wink:
You don't need sympothy. You need good. I use Walt Sawyer in Lexington Park. I tell people he is like Columbo. You think he is not really with it and then he nails the other guy to the wall.

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
When I paid child support (about 12 years ago) the state guidline was 12.5% of my gross per child.

sinwagon

Taz said:
If you're looking for a GOOD lawyer, I would recommend Sam Baldwin of Baldwin, Briscoe and Mattingly. They are in the Exploration Park, not far from the base. When I went through my divorce he was recommended to me and he is a straight-shooter.
He has a very good resume and will not bs you into spending a lot of $$$ and getting paid a lot of legal fees for doing nothing. He's easy to talk to and he knows how the court system works around here. He probably saved me about $7K.

I met w/ this guy today. I will try to reserve comment for a later date. All I can say right now is, maybe I met with an imposter! Oh what the hell, no since in biting my tongue! Straight shooter? I don't think so....I could not get an honest answer out of him for anything, any question that was asked of him he screamed YES I SAID SCREAMED at me that I had doubts for simply asking him a question. He talked in circles!

As for not spending alot of money, the initial price was right, however when asked about the worst case scenerio as far as cost I was told "There you go doubting again and assuming that the worst is going to happen and that this is going to be a battle (which I know it will be) lets just say we are going to stay close to the figure I just gave you. Which to me means, if I pay the initial retainer and it goes smooth no problem but if it does come to be the "worst case scenerio" after I am already in too deep and to late to turn back I could be slapped with a huge bill that I was not planning on because I was never informed of what the worst case could be!